Brewfest Tasting Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkNugent

Reaction score
After attending a couple of brewfests this summer I realized holding the tasting glasses for 3+ hours is a pain. I got a little tipsy and kept forgetting it on tables and I saw a couple people drop and break them. I ended up making a leather belt holster for the glass to make it easier for me. Only problem is that it will only fit a 4 ounce tasting glass. I've only been to brewfests in Alabama and Tennessee and two out of three used the same size glass. Do most brewfests use similar glasses? What types of glasses have they given you at a brewfest?

Here are some pics to give you an idea of the size of the glass and the holster.

Glass and 12oz bottle.jpg

Holster and Glass.jpg

The ones Ive been to usually use 3-4 oz glass/cups. I volunteer at some of the events in Memphis and they tell us to only pour 2 oz per customer. So I would bet that your holder will work for almost any brewfest.

The only beer event that I've been to that didn't use something similar to what have is SAVOR, there they give you a small goblet/wine glass looking thing.

I think 4 oz is pretty standard. I've been to a few here in the Central Coast area and all of them used 4 oz glasses.

There's a cool little thing they were selling at one of the festivals. I had to pick it up, because they gave us really nice glasses to taste and I didn't want to lay it down somewhere and forget it. The rings are even interchangeable. The one on there now is for a regular pint glass. I was going to put the 4oz ring in there too, but I seemed to have misplaced it. Oh, the guys were calling it a beer caddy.

The festival was the Bay Area Craft Beer Festival last October.

CIMG0005.jpg

I was thinking about putting mine on a lanyard but I didn't want it to interfere with my pretzel necklace. But I like the ring idea so you can use different size glasses. Walking around with a half full pint around my neck might get tiresome though. Have you used yours much? Does it bother your neck?

I think 4 oz is pretty standard. I've been to a few here in the Central Coast area and all of them used 4 oz glasses.

There's a cool little thing they were selling at one of the festivals. I had to pick it up, because they gave us really nice glasses to taste and I didn't want to lay it down somewhere and forget it. The rings are even interchangeable. The one on there now is for a regular pint glass. I was going to put the 4oz ring in there too, but I seemed to have misplaced it. Oh, the guys were calling it a beer caddy.

The festival was the Bay Area Craft Beer Festival last October.

Looks nice, but I never know until I get there if the glass will be a pint, a 12 oz mug, 4 oz taster, etc. $ oz was very common in California, but the glass styles varied.

I've got a mug holder that threads on my belt and a smaller holder that was originally for a mead horn.

Back