Anyone Brewing on this lovely Sunday night?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
Just sitting around steeping my 1/8 lb of Black Barley 1/8lb black patent and 3/4 lb Chocolate Malt grains that is going to be my first Chocolate Stout kit that i purchased from AHS. I was curious if i am the only person brewing at 735pm on a Sunday :ban:....

Primary 1 ... ( Waiting for AHS Gold Seal Chocolate Stout )
Primary 2 ... Empty
Secondary ... Oregon IPA ( Sitting on Dry Hops.)
Conditioning/ Drinking.... Fat Tire Clone & Scottish Shilling ale.

Nope you are not alone, I just put the lid on the fermenter @ 6:15pm. My first try at a lager. "This buds for you" kit from midwest. My first with a starter also, I was amazed to see the airlock bubbleing by 8:15pm WOW!
The smells from brewing are just what the house needs on a sunday.

Flyboys3

Wish I was brewing... Right now I'm getting the jars together for a nice yeast washing session tomorrow morning after racking my cream ale. Lot's of fun! Flyboy, nice difference using a starter huh? Were you able to throw it on a stirplate? If not, that's the next step... only about $20.00 worth of materials if you have a old "spare" computer sitting around.

Sweet First attempt at a lager! good luck with that. I am hoping to do that someday soon. I just need to make some alterations to my mini fridge. Is the kit you are using a clone of Budweiser? I love seeing activity in the airlock so quickly makes a man feel good about what he just did haha.

nice difference using a starter huh? Were you able to throw it on a stirplate? .

No Did not have a stirplate, I just gave it a swish whenever I had a chance.

If not, that's the next step... only about $20.00 worth of materials if you have a old "spare" computer sitting around.

where can I find more info as I have a couple old computers and love to tinker!

Sweet First attempt at a lager! good luck with that. I am hoping to do that someday soon. I just need to make some alterations to my mini fridge. Is the kit you are using a clone of Budweiser? I love seeing activity in the airlock so quickly makes a man feel good about what he just did haha.

The kit is called "This Buds For You" it also says on the box "the name says it all".

Flyboys3

Just put the lid on my primary containing a 5 gallon batch of Bells Oberon clone, it comes out later this month in the stores but I couldn't wait. Amazingly everything went smooth too! Sunday seems to work best for me, less hectic then the rest of the week.

Just put the lid on my second batch ever! this one is a wheat beer. I pushed the rubber stopper on the lid too hard and it fell in the wort :(. Hopefully I did a good enough job sanitizing it so that it won't contaminate my beer. I guess i'll find out in about 5 or 6 weeks.

Back