Windows 10 - Finally some sanity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. Not sure I want to upgrade now. Seems like MS is really screwing around with stuff lately.

Isn't there a way to reverse some of these "updates"?

Yikes. Not sure I want to upgrade now. Seems like MS is really screwing around with stuff lately.

Isn't there a way to reverse some of these "updates"?

The permissions problem occurred on the initial update from W7 to W10 (not an incremental Win10 update).

Not sure, but MS is pretty good about allowing you to roll back updates to drivers. I even had the option of rolling back to W7. So I'll bet you can roll back an update.

I really need to play with it some more. I don't generally use a webcam. I'm too old to have much fun with that anyway. ;)

Just haven't heard too much good about the update process. Maybe I'll get a chance to dig into it more this afternoon. I have 10 loaded on a spare machine at work. Just haven't had much reason to do anything in it yet. Mostly just loaded to practice doing Admin functions for when we have to upgrade here at work.

Funny story. Stepmom calls and says she can't get into her computer. It's asking for a password it never asked for before. I can't remember what we needed to do it for, but she had to reset her microsoft account password for some reason a few days ago. No big deal. But suddenly it decided to make this password the password for her desktop computer. WTF? I don't recall it informing it was going to lock her computer with this password! (To make things more confusing for her, she uses her gmail email account for the Microsoft Account. I have no problem understanding how this works, but for her, it's terribly confusing to keep it all straight.

We finally got her new password reset AGAIN and after a short amount of time pulling our hair out, it decided to sync it with her desktop and she was fine. I guess somebody might want that additional layer of security for their machines, but it was hard for her. She mentioned buying a new computer several times while I was on the phone with her. Had to calm her down a bit and let her know it was going to be fine once we get the password thing figured out. Didn't help all of her passwords were stored in the computer that she couldn't get into!

Latest posts

Back