Water Filtering Devices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I know I have seen someone post an in-line garden hose type filter commonly used in RVing I thought...but i could not find it searching several forums.

If anyone has experience with this as their water source, can you chime in?

I have used commercial bottled water for brewing ever since I started: Culligan, Kandiyohi, etc. but am considering using an inline filter from my well. Its nice cold clean water but thought I would still run it through a filter.

Anyone use something like these and can you report results?

27983.jpg

SHURflo Premium In-Line Hose Filter - Item - Camping World

18478n.jpg

http://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...ilter/18478]TastePURE KDF/Carbon Water Filter

I use one of those house water filters (the ones that look like the beer filters sold at Austin/midwest/etc). I live in an apartment, so i just hook up a blue water hose to my kitchen sink, attach the filter assembly to the end and run it into my kettle. I don't mess with water adjucts or ph stabalizers per the recomendation of my LHBS/local brewery. Since doing this route I get 80-82% eff.

I'd stay away from the RV inline filters. They are disposable. Get a 10" house filter. The filters are cheap and easily replaced. I dry mine out in between brew days and reuse 3-4 times. And for chlorine you want a carbon filter.

Back