And the worst beer of all times award goes to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst beer is

• Bud light

• Bud Select 55

• Bud Platinum

• Bud lime

• Coors light

• Miller 64

• Millet lite

• Dos equis

• Corona

• Stela Artois

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't see Lost Lake Ice on the list so this poll is invalid.

I love Dos Equis and Corona in the right situation. On the beach, fishing, picnics on a hot day...

Try corona without a lime. It is seriously distilled cat vomit.

Try a Red Stripe or even a miller lite with a lime and you will never pay 14.99 again for a 12er of mexican cat vomit.

bobbrews said:
KEYSTONE LIGHT!!! Horrid.... Corona Light is next if we don't included flavored beers like Bud Light Lime.

What? I love keystone I just got a 30 pack of stones today. When I want cheap beer it's usually stones or high life or if I'm feeling classy pbr

So many beers and so little interest in drinking many of them.
I agree though, your list doesn't come close to ranking the worst beers. Just your least liked because they are popular and not your thing.

Worst that I can recall would be from my youth..... Old english 800 when it's not cold as ice or Hams.
There are lots of cheap beers that I haven't and wont try though.

I gotta say i love dos equis on a hot day and dosxxx amber any day, the worst ever would have to be magic hat summer beer yuk!!! It was like palmagranite or somthing....blahhh!Im just glad i didnt pay for it.

Let's not forget "craft breweries" can make swill that you can't drink. I dare anyone to drink a whole rogue brewery voodo doughnut bacon maple beer

45_70sharps said:
Let's not forget "craft breweries" can make swill that you can't drink. I dare anyone to drink a whole rogue brewery voodo doughnut bacon maple beer

Tried that! Gross, smokey maple syrup

I think there are two groups of people. Those that have tried a Sam Adams Triple Bock and those that have yet to have the worst beer ever made.
That stuff tastes like a cardboard dog bed that has been slathered in burnt caramel and soy sauce. It coats your tongue like oil and the flavor does not go away easy. It is the worst thing I've ever tasted. If I was Jim Koch I would have dumped that stuff down the drain after the first sample and just tried to forget it ever happened.

image-2127510555.jpg

I think there are two groups of people. Those that have tried a Sam Adams Triple Bock and those that have yet to have the worst beer ever made.
That stuff tastes like a cardboard dog bed that has been slathered in burnt caramel and soy sauce. It coats your tongue like oil and the flavor does not go away easy. It is the worst thing I've ever tasted. If I was Jim Koch I would have dumped that stuff down the drain after the first sample and just tried to forget it ever happened.

View attachment 87413

For some strange reason this actually makes me want to try it. If nothing else just to see what cardboard dog bed slathered in burnt caramel and soy sauce tastes like without having to actually eat cardboard dog bed slathered in burnt caramel and soy sauce.

I made the mistake of buying three bottles the first time I saw some available. Drank two sips from the first bottle. Yuck! It's supposed to do well with age ( or so they said) so I waited till it was 15 years old and tried some from the second bottle. Worse than the first time! Now I have the third bottle unopened and it will stay that way unless I find some poor sole to unload it on.

I still have 2 bottles of that stuff. Undrinkable.

simpler times brewery - trader joes 4 dollar 6 pack special. They somehow managed to make the beer taste like corn syrup....gross. I would drink every beer on your list in a second before having another of these!

conneryis007 said:
simpler times brewery - trader joes 4 dollar 6 pack special. They somehow managed to make the beer taste like corn syrup....gross. I would drink every beer on your list in a second before having another of these!

I thought the Black Toad was a solid beer.

1980. Hot humid summer night. Warm Schlitz. The only time I could not drink the beer. Ever.

View attachment 87413

You know that Makers Mark in the background of the picture was a disappointment to me also.
Disclaimer..... I like decent scotch best and enjoy good tequila but I also drink a variety of whiskey. All sorts that I encounter at other people's house.
That makers mark just didn't do it for me. I was eager to find people to share it with so that I could make it go away. I finally brought it with me when I went to help some guys who were doing open heart surgery on a 55 chevy.
They got rid of the rest of the bottle for me.

45_70sharps said:
You know that Makers Mark in the background of the picture was a disappointment to me also.
Disclaimer..... I like decent scotch best and enjoy good tequila but I also drink a variety of whiskey. All sorts that I encounter at other people's house.
That makers mark just didn't do it for me. I was eager to find people to share it with so that I could make it go away. I finally brought it with me when I went to help some guys who were doing open heart surgery on a 55 chevy.
They got rid of the rest of the bottle for me.

I actually do like Makers, but my go to bourbon is Russell's Reserve. The bottle of that is right next to the Makers, behind the Sam Adams Triple Bock bottle of horror.

I actually do like Makers, but my go to bourbon is Russell's Reserve. The bottle of that is right next to the Makers, behind the Sam Adams Triple Bock bottle of horror.

I've never had Russell's. Maybe I'll keep my eye open.
Always open to a new whiskey.

View attachment 87413

every brewer makes a bad batch. some of us even try to lie to ourselves for a little while about how good it is. but some of them keep producing the same crap for decades & generations and spends millions lying to everyone about how theirs is the best that can be found. the problem with that is: the lie ends up becoming the truth to the masses over a long enough time line. what a sad state of affairs.

edit: I quoted WesleyS because it was a catalyst of my post, not a personal attack.

only because of its age, but the SN Celebration Ale '03 I had the other week would make you prefer a cardboard dog bed slathered in burnt caramel and soy sauce

View attachment 87413

So true. It was the first $4+ a bottle beer I purchased and one of the worst beers I've ever had. It was like someone filled a hundred diapers with fish flavored blisters and then made a stiff tea out of it. God awful. Thick, oily, fishy, rancid. Almost a joke. It's the kind of beer I would sell but put some other business name on it just to ruin their reputation.

You might not be able to polish a turd, but you can put it in a blue bottle with gold lettering.

no boddington's pub ale on the list? i had to pour that sh%^ out after 2 or 3 sips, since i couldn't give it away to the other people i was drinking it with

highgravitybacon said:
You might not be able to polish a turd, but you can put it in a blue bottle with gold lettering.

Indeed.

Back