What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right. You probably bought the Curmudgeon to send to me. I'm not a Ciserone like Wes but I can tell you he's wrong. Curmudgeon is the best of the four. I'd go:

Gose
Sculpin
Dirt Wolf

Send Curmudgeon to coldcrash

You're welcome

In all seriousness, I agree. But you might even want to hang on to the Curmudgeon for a little while.

Double pour of Black Butte. Again no pic, because piss off.

Hydro sample from Belgo Paleo bottling...psyching up for the special nightcap!

BPsample.jpg

Right. You probably bought the Curmudgeon to send to me. I'm not a Ciserone like Wes but I can tell you he's wrong. Curmudgeon is the best of the four. I'd go:

Gose
Sculpin
Dirt Wolf

Send Curmudgeon to coldcrash

You're welcome

LOL

I actually bought a whole 4-pack of Curmudgeon once, was gonna cellar it for a year and see how it changed.

It didn't last the weekend I bought it. Good stuff!!!

our local liquor store got a new manager. he's hell bent on bringing craft to our town. he has recently brought us Surly Pentagram along with Green Flash (4 varieties), Alaskan (3), and now 3rd Street (5-6). I'm having a Lost Trout right now. I gave him a short list (about 35 or so) beers that I would like to see here.

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it. I hope the kumquat hasn't faded. I had one person complain about how there wasn't enough kumquat to it. He is on the "No more beer for you" list.

I have loved every one I've had. I think I have only two more. These are all an amazing treat. My friends enjoyed them as well, I gave the, sips but not much.

Thank you so much for them.

My first hefeweizen. It's loosely based on Edwort's recipe but I replaced the hops with some cluster(?) hops I found growing locally and I used Danstar Munich Wheat Beer yeast. It is the clearest beer I've ever brewed:confused: but this is also the first beer I've ever cold crashed (I'm going to do this more from now on). The next bottle of this I drink will be getting a gentle roll to stir up the yeast.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Knowing that I won't be able to drink right before my nose surgery on Tuesday and then probably won't feel up to it for a while after or be able to because of the meds... @Hello dropped bya very special bottle for me today! I'm not a white whale hunter...usually don't get the opportunity for whatever reason. I'm always traveling when this one comes out and usually not in the same location twice...so, I figured I would never get to try it. Sorry to drone on to those of you to whom this may not be a big deal, but WOW!!! Thank you, Hello!!! Now I know why there is so much hype for this beer. Some don't live up, but THIS one does. The most body of any beer I have ever had. Intense, but smooth flavor. @Remmy knows, I could go on...but I'll stop it here. Oh...and happy birthday, Remmy?

IMG_20150516_221432743.jpg

IMG_20150516_221148104.jpg

Knowing that I won't be able to drink right before my nose surgery on Tuesday and then probably won't feel up to it for a while after or be able to because of the meds... @Hello dropped bya very special bottle for me today! I'm not a white whale hunter...usually don't get the opportunity for whatever reason. I'm always traveling when this one comes out and usually not in the same location twice...so, I figured I would never get to try it. Sorry to drone on to those of you to whom this may not be a big deal, but WOW!!! Thank you, Hello!!! Now I know why there is so much hype for this beer. Some don't live up, but THIS one does. The most body of any beer I have ever had. Intense, but smooth flavor. @Remmy knows, I could go on...but I'll stop it here. Oh...and happy birthday, Remmy?

I've only ever had one and it's in the top 3 of beers I've ever had, maybe the best. And an awesome gesture from Hello!! Good luck with the surgery and cheers to a speedy recovery!

Killing it with @val214 saisons. The mint melon got huge kudos from my friends who own a craft beer shop.
View attachment 278587
View attachment 278588
I made burgers both beef and turkey.
View attachment 278589
Now this
View attachment 278590

Wohoo.....! Nice! I am glad you are enjoying them. I was a bit Leary of that mint fading and not showing up in the brew. I did have one myself and was pleasantly surprised. The blend was ok. It has potential I just need to work with it. Thanks for sharing with your friends and giving me feedback. And there was no consecration in your box so the mystery remains. Smh.

So glad you got to finally have it.

Wohoo.....! Nice! I am glad you are enjoying them. I was a bit Leary of that mint fading and not showing up on the brew. I did have one myself and was pleasantly surprised. The blend was ok. It has potential I just need to work with it. Thanks for sharing with your friends and giving me feedback. And there was no consecration in your box so the mystery remains. Smh.

What? A Consecration? Nope...not here.

Having this...
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431831191.269849.jpg

3/4 bottle of scotch. You know who has a ****ty job? Medical examiners and crime scene clean up crews. Today blew the almighty donkey dong, alright. Cheers crew. Catch you sober

After the Bourbon County, I went back for another sip of my Belgo Paleo hydro sample...it tasted like a hoppy little lawnmower beer.

Got the munchies...SWMBO just showed up with a surprize Bacon Whopper. Woo hoo!!!

3/4 bottle of scotch. You know who has a ****ty job? Medical examiners and crime scene clean up crews. Today blew the almighty donkey dong, alright. Cheers crew. Catch you sober

eeesh. Hope it is a good scotch.

View attachment 278603

My...4th? Not sure. Stuff drinks like Busch Light to me. Big beer day, brewed one and bottled one.

Someone in that picture is worried.

Oh nah. Just celebrating four days early. Will be celebrating the entire week Thx

Happy Birthday, T -4?

Tin Man Overlord. Nice one @PatrickGoss

Celebrating getting a raise this week!

View attachment 278584

Congrats! I'll celebrate with you.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431834287.150066.jpg
Founders Imperial Stout

our local liquor store got a new manager. he's hell bent on bringing craft to our town. he has recently brought us Surly Pentagram along with Green Flash (4 varieties), Alaskan (3), and now 3rd Street (5-6). I'm having a Lost Trout right now. I gave him a short list (about 35 or so) beers that I would like to see here.

Pentagram is so ****ing good!

On that note, finishing my pint and off to bed. Up early in the AM to judge yet another comp. This gives me the points I need to take the written exam BEFORE the guideline switch...next stop National rank.

Latest posts

Back