Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hE7960577

Just in case embed failed

Without running it all the way up the corporate chain, look up A-B's own website.
http://anheuser-busch.com/index.php/our-beers/?learn_more=true
It says that they, not InBev, own goose island, Johnny Appleseed, Kirin, Stella, shock top, and redbridge. Those all look a whole hell of a lot like craft beer. Maybe not to the point of some that we all know and love. But to an outside observer, they would be lumped with our side; craft beer. So, Budweiser, a beer made by Anheuser-Busch, had a super bowl ad that made fun of the people that drink some of their own brands. I thought that was funny. What is sad is most of the people drinking bmc don't realize they own these brands, and most people drinking those brands thinking they have left bmc behind, are still in the same line.
The funniest thing about this whole argument is you people have enough time on your hands to CARE THIS MUCH about it.

Do you not have anything *better* to do?????

Edit: I mean, seriously, if you care THAT much about who owns what that you're spending time online reading corporation structures and basing your consumption decisions on that, fine, more power to you. I don't understand what is wrong inside your head, but hey, to each their own. If you're one of the guys that enjoys a good beer, regardless of who made it, that's great too.

Myself, I only drink beer brewed by blonde naked virgins, using only pure mountain spring water and the finest ingredients, fermented in a triple-top secret location and only available to those "in the know". Much better than that stuff you all drink, so THERE.

Myself, I only drink beer brewed by blonde naked virgins, using only pure mountain spring water and the finest ingredients, fermented in a triple-top secret location and only available to those "in the know". Much better than that stuff you all drink, so THERE.

Are they guys or gals? :cross:

The funniest thing about this whole argument is you people have enough time on your hands to CARE THIS MUCH about it.

Edit: I mean, seriously, if you care THAT much about who owns what that you're spending time online reading corporation structures and basing your consumption decisions on that, fine, more power to you. I don't understand what is wrong inside your head, but hey, to each their own. If you're one of the guys that enjoys a good beer, regardless of who made it, that's great too.

I got drug into defending my position against my will. If you find some brunettes to help your blondes, I'll join you for a drink. :) They make better beer.

sorry I'm late. traffic was a bastard. now I'll need a list on my desk by 10:00 of all that need a good berry punching.

Start with its guy - he just doesn't seem to understand ! I would go into a rant about large corps owning everything you like/love/use and how that can hurt you financially by reducing your choices, reducing your pay, putting people out of work, etc, etc. But I won't, he does admit, at least, that he doesn't understand and he does have the right idea by having his beer brew by blonds virgins. I personally don't care to take the chance of my grilled cheese getting burnt but to each his own. The whole point behind starting a business is to make money, the point behind selling is to make money off future potential of that business to make money and get a chunk of that without any of the work required. Large corps will never have the passion required to keep a once great business great.

Start with its guy - he just doesn't seem to understand ! I would go into a rant about large corps owning everything you like/love/use and how that can hurt you financially by reducing your choices, reducing your pay, putting people out of work, etc, etc. But I won't, he does admit, at least, that he doesn't understand and he does have the right idea by having his beer brew by blonds virgins. I personally don't care to take the chance of my grilled cheese getting burnt but to each his own. The whole point behind starting a business is to make money, the point behind selling is to make money off future potential of that business to make money and get a chunk of that without any of the work required. Large corps will never have the passion required to keep a once great business great.

:off:

Punch in the berries here, PLEASE! :D

Hey guys, I have a funny thing overheard (read) about beer, but I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. It's not really business economics related, so I might be in the wrong thread.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/cocktails/the-best-beer-from-every-state/ss-AA8E1uL#image=6

"Santa Rosa's Russian River Brewing is famous for its 11% imperial IPA Pliny the Younger. The brewery calls it a triple IPA because it's hopped three times."

Guess Miller better sue Russian River for ripping off their process.

Hey guys, I have a funny thing overheard (read) about beer, but I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. It's not really business economics related, so I might be in the wrong thread.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/cocktails/the-best-beer-from-every-state/ss-AA8E1uL#image=6

"Santa Rosa's Russian River Brewing is famous for its 11% imperial IPA Pliny the Younger. The brewery calls it a triple IPA because it's hopped three times."

I cringed at that one this morning too. I also noticed several entries listed as imperial stouts have very not-stout-looking beers pictured (unless there are a lot of Master of Disguise clones out there).

I cringed at that one this morning too. I also noticed several entries listed as imperial stouts have very not-stout-looking beers pictured (unless there are a lot of Master of Disguise clones out there).

Some of the entries also neglected to actually mention the name of the beer. Extremely poorly written as a whole.

I think the article should have been titled, "These Are the Highest ABV Imperial Stouts We Could Find for Each State."

Here's a good one from history I found in my research- Jacob BEST started a brewery in MILWAUKEE that became PABST. Now you know...:drunk:

I have a couple issues with the NY entry!
First off "Long island is known for wine". No, they are known for the high cost of living and LIX and its horrific traffic.
I have never once had a wine from Long Island.
If anything the Finger Lakes is Ny most famous wine area.
2ndly
The best beer from Ny is Genny Creame Ale!
The best stout is either Brooklyn, Southern Tier or Browns! Or Genny Cream Ale mixed with motor oil, you know to make it thick and heavy like a stout!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/cocktails/the-best-beer-from-every-state/ss-AA8E1uL#image=33

That was the time you needed to explain to him why he's wrong. But I've heard the Bock thing in person before. I'm curious to know where it started.

Shiner bock was the first non light mainstream lager I fell in love with, and opened me up to "dark" (I say tongue in cheek now) beers. Also Negra Modelo was the bomb, and thought I was drinking the best kind of beers. Next came blue moon, and I went on a hefeweizen exploration for about a year. Hoppy/bitter beers came much later for me, and now I'm hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Shiner bock was the first non light mainstream lager I fell in love with, and opened me up to "dark" (I say tongue in cheek now) beers. Also Negra Modelo was the bomb, and thought I was drinking the best kind of beers. Next came blue moon, and I went on a hefeweizen exploration for about a year. Hoppy/bitter beers came much later for me, and now I'm hooked.

Sorry - back to the thread. The funny part is what I used to consider fancy/craft/living large beer. Gotta start somewhere I guess.

I have lived less than a hour form the Genny Brewery all my life, and have never heard of Genny Red. When and where did you get that?

Funny...I Googled Genny Red after your reply, and I see it's not that common...doesn't seem to be a core product on the Genny website bit I see a few scattered Web references.

My roommate and I'm used to get Red by the 30 pack in cans in NJ when I was last in school (~2002-2003). It was our go to beer...pretty cheap (on par with any of the BMCs) but still with some actual flavor and character.

EDIT: I had also noted that a lot of the Google references I saw was for a bottled product, but as I noted, we were way more familiar with cans...this is what I fondly recall:

Last edited:
Back