Perlick Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great Forrest. Do you have a est on price so I know what to save this week. Thanks

+1 on the shanks! I'm in the market for three.

Yeah, I thought I was gonna go with a tower... but the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that shanks will work out better for me. +2 here.

Jeff- my paypal account is all messed up right now, and i won't be able to send the two bucks until tomorrow or friday at the latest. Sorry bout that..

Gimme a price to beat with links. I want to have the best price. I cant sell them below cost. I am sure you understand.

Forrest

I have been threatening to pull the trigger on an order with BMW that includes chrome shanks, equipment, and grains for a few days now. I am not sure if he has the best prices currently, but with the shank size options, various discounts, and shipping fees it works well for me.

Link to BMW's:
http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/kegging/liquid-side/shanks

edit:
Quick check on KegConnection found them to have a good price on SS Shanks:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?category=*Components:Shanks&no=303&searchpath=58090310

taxes money is rolling in and I should be getting the faucets tomorrow. This weekend will be busy boxing all this **** up. But everything should ship out by monday.

whos_awesome.jpg

******ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE******

Called the Vendor on Friday and product was not in yet. Looking at Monday. I will call them around lunch tomorrow and hopefully they will be in. Spent most of the day today creating labels for packages. Should be a busy week so everything can get out before the weekend.

******END QUICK UPDATE******

Sorry, :off:, but teach that puppy to spell. It's "you're awesome".
LOL

(BTW Jeff, despite his spelling deficiency, the puppy's right.)

For the record, I didn't dictate the puppy's message. :mug:

******ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE******

Called the Vendor on Friday and product was not in yet. Looking at Monday. I will call them around lunch tomorrow and hopefully they will be in. Spent most of the day today creating labels for packages. Should be a busy week so everything can get out before the weekend.

******END QUICK UPDATE******

Thanks for the ******QUICK UPDATE******

Just bought 3 for the new keezer build. Just picked up a 15cf frigidaire on sale at lowes for the build. Unfortunately it sets my cb20 build back but oh well.

I have been threatening to pull the trigger on an order with BMW that includes chrome shanks, equipment, and grains for a few days now. I am not sure if he has the best prices currently, but with the shank size options, various discounts, and shipping fees it works well for me.

Link to BMW's:
http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/kegging/liquid-side/shanks

edit:
Quick check on KegConnection found them to have a good price on SS Shanks:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?category=*Components:Shanks&no=303&searchpath=58090310

My links to BMW's; http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/photos/photophotos/r90s.jpg
A show winning Daytona Orange as in photo a 76 R90s in my garage. Forum name for a reason, 9 bikes.

That looks like a tight 90* bend, I bet if the shank was short it would work in any tower, if not purchase a long shank and cut to length just for a full nut threading. A lathe makes life easy.

I doubt it would be worth it, even at this discounted price. You need the 90* tail piece, a fishmouth flange to go over the outside of it, and a beveled washer for the inside... plus all the machine work.

I doubt it would be worth it, even at this discounted price. You need the 90* tail piece, a fishmouth flange to go over the outside of it, and a beveled washer for the inside... plus all the machine work.

Using that standard 90* cap with SS tubing, their retaining nut plus the radiused spacer for against the inside of the tower are all over the counter items.
The only thing needing labor will be the purchase of the longest shanks available, the parting tool cut off on the lathe then finish the gasket mating surface smooth as well break or bevel the edges, no big deal a couple minutes each. Shanks made short as possible for the 90* fitting to fit inside the tower. Even making the internal towers radius blocks ar no big deal this is basic machine work not NASA.

I didn't say it wasn't possible- just that it wasn't worth it. For the same money you could buy the pre-made kit with all the stuff included, and save yourself the time of hunting down the parts and machining it to the right size.

Shank: $15
Tail piece: $5
Flange: $5
Nut: $3
Washer: $2

You're already at $30, and it's $27 for the whole deal from "BMW" anyway. Then you still have to machine it.

9 times out of 10, it will be cheaper to buy an assembly than buy each part individually and put it together.

I didn't say it wasn't possible- just that it wasn't worth it. For the same money you could buy the pre-made kit with all the stuff included, and save yourself the time of hunting down the parts and machining it to the right size.

Shank: $15
Tail piece: $5
Flange: $5
Nut: $3
Washer: $2

You're already at $30, and it's $27 for the whole deal from "BMW" anyway. Then you still have to machine it.

9 times out of 10, it will be cheaper to buy an assembly than buy each part individually and put it together.

I've purchased a complete kit, it didn't fit my plastic loop tower so I had to shorten the shanks as well the flange nut and nut holding the end cap with the 90 tube attached. This prevented both nuts from not bottoming out against each other as well the 90 did fit inside the PVC tubing after. Later on another tower design I reused the old parts but cut to length new shanks from my spare long shanks I had in stock. All free parts plus I own a lathe, free problem solved.

BrewBeemer
When you have the tools available, yeah, you can make a lot of things. If you don't, like most regular folks, machine work can run around $100/hr. You can buy tower shanks for about $28, complete with a welded on tailpiece. I'm just saying that having your experience and tools is extra ordinary.

BrewBeemer
When you have the tools available, yeah, you can make a lot of things. If you don't, like most regular folks, machine work can run around $100/hr. You can buy tower shanks for about $28, complete with a welded on tailpiece. I'm just saying that having your experience and tools is extra ordinary.

Nope i'm just a regular person like you, we're born into this world as equal it's the roads we take thru life shows what we have learned, or had a intrest in is what makes us different and me happy. I was raised in a machine shop household, dad was a bike racer custom engine parts builder (not bad for a dumb mailman) plus clocks with the love of fine machinery we have plus restoring history. All keepers money means nothing vs the machinery. I got out of C class alcohol mono hull outboard racing but not drag racing that's part of my life plus I was always collecting machine and power tools vs campers and others toys. Instead I would collect Bridgeport mills, lathes, Tig, Mig Plasma machines that can be had by anyone if they so chose, that means all of us on this forum. This background was great for my racing days plus handy the rest of my life as a hobby. A not available item then machine and weld it yourself. I'm not blessed I paid my dues for all my equipment and time learning granted not cheap to replace the above items these days, this is why I have a large replacement value insurance value on my equipment with photos. When you think about it, looking for the best prices on machine tools for over a 40 year span $58K is nothing. many people piss away more than that on new plastic cars every couple years, not my thing to impress the neighbors. Machining an engine part that a pencil pushing neighbor hasn't a clue what it is that's rather sad, they're missing the pleasure of project build acheivements. Oh they can kick a soccer ball around that's their choice. Nuff rambling sorry boss had to explain a little of myself.

Back