What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 254030

A sample of hefeweizen after being in keg for a week. I get less of that plastic taste I thought it had maybe even some banana now. If aerate in mouth it gets that plasticky note back.

On the fence. Will give it one more week on fridge before having it put down.

Way to try and see it through brother.

It's still green, two more weeks and I bet you'll be set.

Should I keep it chilled and on gas for that duration? It actually doesn't seem very carb'd and I have it set higher than did for my APA.

Actually doesn't taste bad with a salty snack, heh.

Should I keep it chilled and on gas for that duration? It actually doesn't seem very carb'd and I have it set higher than did for my APA.

I couldn't tell you on that one... I've always conditioned at room temp. I'm sure someone will chime in though.

What's up guys. Start with a Durty Bastid .

IMG_20150204_171204.jpg

I always thought they were a gimmick until I had Short's Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. I crave that beer but sadly it's seasonal.

I love that beer, it inispired me to try a clone and imho i a/b'd them and it's darn near spot on. Find a good a Belgian style grain bill, use all Galaxy hops and wlp500, you'll b pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of Gandhi Bot. It's a shame. RIP NEBCO Gandhi Bot.

http://www.thatcraigguy.com

"Yup.
That's him over there.
That there is the simple, pen & ink drawing I did over five years ago for Gandhi-Bot Double IPA, the name I came up with for a new beer by The New England Brewing Company.
That illustration (and the one down below) soon found a home on beer cans, t-shirts, and drinking glasses and ended up residing in the minds and skin of people all over the East Coast (and in this modern age of the interwebs, around the world). The beer has received quite a bit of praise and positive words for it's great taste and for that simple, little, robotic image of a noted righteous and well-loved man. I even held a conversation with a group at the brewery that informed me they were friends with and involved in the wedding of one of Mahatma Gandhis' male relatives (a grandson or great-grandson, I believe). They told me they had told him of the beer and of the label. They then told me that he, this descendent of Gandhi himself, thought that that was the greatest thing he had ever heard (I actually teared-up at that one. I mean, what greater endorsement can one get for ones artwork! I now wish I had video'd that moment.).
But apparently not everyone is a fan of Gandhi-Bot.
There is a law in India that basically states you cannot bring dishonor to or defame certain aspects of Indian life; be it the flag, the national anthem, or the Father of the country, Mahatma Gandhi.
A couple of news blogs in India wrote a couple of poorly researched articles (The brewery is not located in England, is not distributed around the globe, and does not employ many, many workers....only 7 to be precise...two of those people are Part Time), noting that the beer and it's label were in direct violation of this law and that NEB should be held responsible and brought to court.
Then it really blew up.
Nearly every news agency around the world jumped on this. The brewery Facebook page had to be altered in order to halt the back-and-forth meanness that was occurring on it as "pro-" met "anti-" in the word war over the label. The owners and brewers at NEB (who I love more than anything...well, except maybe cheese....and chocolate....oh, and Monty Python.) were threatened online and received other strains of e-harrassment. Television stations and newspapers called and hounded the brewery throughout the day. Some truly ugly voicemails were left on the brewery answering machine. And some "supporters" of the brewery raised up their voices and displayed more than a few verbal/written unpleasantries as well.
It was messy all around.
After a few tense weeks of multiplying stories on news blogs, cut-and-paste reporting, and a whole lot of "unsavory", after business and government happenings that took place, some true good came through; lotus-ing up out of all this mud.
A change will be happening to the name and to the can. Not a complete overhaul or re-doing of the beers recipe or anything like that but a purely visual resolution that does not offend people....unless you are one of those ranting knuckle-draggers that liberally tossed out the descriptive "dot head" in your show of support for the brewery . Gracias but no gracias.
Same beer, updated label. And this time I hopefully won't piss off 1.3 billion people.
And for the record, my intent on coming up with the name and my intent for drawing the images was one of admiration for Mahatma Gandhi; okay, maybe it's a bit of a warped and Western display of admiration but hey....look who your dealing with.
To lead an entire nation to passively resist a substantial and armed oppressor and make them stop their freedom-squelching rule is beyond my comprehension. And to truly live what you speak; a life of love, acceptance, and compassion is something I work with and hopefully improve upon every single day I find myself inhaling. I aspire to be that steadfast in all my convictions.

Summation.
Am I sorry I drew it?
No.
My intent was to humorously honor a human I dig. And on the corporate aspect of it, I wanted to come up with a brand image and name that is memorable and that captures the voice, the tone, and the goofy, irreverent spirit of the company. I did both of those things.
Am I sorry people were hurt?
Oh my God yes, of course.
Who wants to cause unease and discomfort in another person? I don't. That is also the reason why I applaud and welcome an alteration to the packaging. Actions ripple out and touch on everything. To send out less "**** ripples" is an aspect of my deepest Being and something I practice daily. Having unknowingly and ignorantly sent out some ****ty ripples, re-doing the label will hopefully send out some ripples of ease.
Lastly, and with no association to my employer, I feel that deifying a man- even with him being one of, if not the most admired man in modern times, is a dangerous thing. Holding an illustrious persons beneficial and loving teachings/actions out to the world can lead to nothing but good for everyone. Holding an illustrious person above all others and enacting laws like the one stated above can lead to nothing but idolatry and zealotry.
Throughout this drama (which I restate has minimally touched me, unlike my friends at the brewery who caught the full force of it) I have held onto a quote I first read a long time ago. I feel it's somewhat appropriate:

"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."

- Mahatma Gandhi

Love & fun, y'all."

I love that beer, it inispired me to try a clone and imho i a/b'd them and it's darn near spot on. Find a good a Belgian style grain bill, use all Galaxy hops and wlp500, you'll b pleasantly surprised.

I have 1 fermenting right now sadly I chose to try a dry Belgian yeast and it is a strong producer of sulfur. I'm hoping it cleans up but this far am unimpressed.

I have 1 fermenting right now sadly I chose to try a dry Belgian yeast and it is a strong producer of sulfur. I'm hoping it cleans up but this far am unimpressed.

IPAs with American Hops and Belgian yeast are the ****. I love them and have been brewing them lately. I love the combination.

Wanna try some Hi-Res?

Pull of Bionic Commando
View attachment 254040

They changed Hi Res a bit this year. Juicier hop taste. Really good.

Thanks for the offer! My shop is getting a keg so I'll just wait patiently. I heard its a lot better this year. I loved it last year so I can't wait to see how it is this year.
Quick pull of hoppy red as I go to load up the last bit of wood. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423093924.332392.jpg

"Yup.
That's him over there.
That there is the simple, pen & ink drawing I did over five years ago for Gandhi-Bot Double IPA, the name I came up with for a new beer by The New England Brewing Company.
That illustration (and the one down below) soon found a home on beer cans, t-shirts, and drinking glasses and ended up residing in the minds and skin of people all over the East Coast (and in this modern age of the interwebs, around the world). The beer has received quite a bit of praise and positive words for it's great taste and for that simple, little, robotic image of a noted righteous and well-loved man. I even held a conversation with a group at the brewery that informed me they were friends with and involved in the wedding of one of Mahatma Gandhis' male relatives (a grandson or great-grandson, I believe). They told me they had told him of the beer and of the label. They then told me that he, this descendent of Gandhi himself, thought that that was the greatest thing he had ever heard (I actually teared-up at that one. I mean, what greater endorsement can one get for ones artwork! I now wish I had video'd that moment.).
There is a law in India that basically states you cannot bring dishonor to or defame certain aspects of Indian life; be it the flag, the national anthem, or the Father of the country, Mahatma Gandhi.
A couple of news blogs in India wrote a couple of poorly researched articles (The brewery is not located in England, is not distributed around the globe, and does not employ many, many workers....only 7 to be precise...two of those people are Part Time), noting that the beer and it's label were in direct violation of this law and that NEB should be held responsible and brought to court.
Then it really blew up.
Nearly every news agency around the world jumped on this. The brewery Facebook page had to be altered in order to halt the back-and-forth meanness that was occurring on it as "pro-" met "anti-" in the word war over the label. The owners and brewers at NEB (who I love more than anything...well, except maybe cheese....and chocolate....oh, and Monty Python.) were threatened online and received other strains of e-harrassment. Television stations and newspapers called and hounded the brewery throughout the day. Some truly ugly voicemails were left on the brewery answering machine. And some "supporters" of the brewery raised up their voices and displayed more than a few verbal/written unpleasantries as well.
It was messy all around.
After a few tense weeks of multiplying stories on news blogs, cut-and-paste reporting, and a whole lot of "unsavory", after business and government happenings that took place, some true good came through; lotus-ing up out of all this mud.
A change will be happening to the name and to the can. Not a complete overhaul or re-doing of the beers recipe or anything like that but a purely visual resolution that does not offend people....unless you are one of those ranting knuckle-draggers that liberally tossed out the descriptive "dot head" in your show of support for the brewery . Gracias but no gracias.
Same beer, updated label. And this time I hopefully won't piss off 1.3 billion people.
And for the record, my intent on coming up with the name and my intent for drawing the images was one of admiration for Mahatma Gandhi; okay, maybe it's a bit of a warped and Western display of admiration but hey....look who your dealing with.
To lead an entire nation to passively resist a substantial and armed oppressor and make them stop their freedom-squelching rule is beyond my comprehension. And to truly live what you speak; a life of love, acceptance, and compassion is something I work with and hopefully improve upon every single day I find myself inhaling. I aspire to be that steadfast in all my convictions.

Summation.
Am I sorry I drew it?
No.
My intent was to humorously honor a human I dig. And on the corporate aspect of it, I wanted to come up with a brand image and name that is memorable and that captures the voice, the tone, and the goofy, irreverent spirit of the company. I did both of those things.
Who wants to cause unease and discomfort in another person? I don't. That is also the reason why I applaud and welcome an alteration to the packaging. Actions ripple out and touch on everything. To send out less "**** ripples" is an aspect of my deepest Being and something I practice daily. Having unknowingly and ignorantly sent out some ****ty ripples, re-doing the label will hopefully send out some ripples of ease.
Lastly, and with no association to my employer, I feel that deifying a man- even with him being one of, if not the most admired man in modern times, is a dangerous thing. Holding an illustrious persons beneficial and loving teachings/actions out to the world can lead to nothing but good for everyone. Holding an illustrious person above all others and enacting laws like the one stated above can lead to nothing but idolatry and zealotry.
Throughout this drama (which I restate has minimally touched me, unlike my friends at the brewery who caught the full force of it) I have held onto a quote I first read a long time ago. I feel it's somewhat appropriate:

- Mahatma Gandhi

Love & fun, y'all."

I have a new name suggestion. I think they should call it the Qhrumphf citizen of the world peace and tolerance ale. They shouldn't even call it an India pale ale because there is probable some light skinned dude in India taking **** because he is light skinned(pale) people always telling him he isn't Indian enough. What a shame the world we live in.

"Yup.
That's him over there.
Then it really blew up.
It was messy all around.

Summation.
Am I sorry I drew it?
No.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Love & fun, y'all."

ghandi with whiskey.JPG

I'd keep it chilled and on the gas for the week. Green beer always improves with some time cold and on the gas.

We just started getting Sixpoint. Unfortunately no Hi-Res. Kegs only. For now I'll have to settle for this while I hang out with my buddy Ziggy. View attachment 254033

That cow looks sweet! Picked some up today, with a couple other things beers and a new glass. :D

Starting with Hopslam in the new glass.

Time to work on the carburetor on the snowblower some more. I'm determined to get it working again.

Attachments

• 1423094698655.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the offer! My shop is getting a keg so I'll just wait patiently. I heard its a lot better this year. I loved it last year so I can't wait to see how it is this year.
Quick pull of hoppy red as I go to load up the last bit of wood. View attachment 254048

I think the opposite. Really enjoyed last year's version. Not a big fan of Resin to begin with. This year's Hi-Res didn't really do anything for me except make my @bucknuts

That is the funniest floccing thing I've seen in a while. Did you make that?

I have a new name suggestion. I think they should call it the Qhrumphf citizen of the world peace and tolerance ale. They shouldn't even call it an India pale ale because there is probable some light skinned dude in India taking **** because he is light skinned(pale) people always telling him he isn't Indian enough. What a shame the world we live in.

That's me. Mr. Peace Love and Harmony. *vomit*

More English Cider. Flocc @Remmy if he doesn't like it.

Yeah, didn't even make it halfway thru that burger and fries. Food, snow and beer... Ready for an early night I think.

That is the funniest floccing thing I've seen in a while. Did you make that?

That's me. Mr. Peace Love and Harmony. *vomit*

More English Cider. Flocc @Remmy if he doesn't like it.

I never said I didn't like it, you English yuppie. I simply stated you didn't drink any. No pic, no dice, marthafloccer. You bloody mess.

Back