Extra Fizzy, oh no!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdcoffman

Reaction score
Well, it's my first batch but I'm already worried about the carbies.

I've been extra careful of course but I opened a bottle last night (after 6 days in the bottle at the same temp as fermentation) and it didn't gush or overflow... but when I poured it into a glass the bubble just kept coming from the bottom, i could control the head pretty easily... and it didn't overflow or anything... but the bubbles just kept coming and my green beer had a definite carbination bite to it.

Any ideas? Am I doomed here for bombs or gushers soon? just keep checking every few days?

It's just a basic american wheat. I've already got my supplies ready for my next batch, gonna try a pale ale I think, keep things simple for a few batches.

Anyway, just thought I'd post and see what you experts think.

Thanks so much for your help!:mug:

That's really not a good way to tell whether or not you'll have bottle bombs. You actually probably won't, but without a hydrometer test you won't know.

Did you by any chance use a hydrometer? How much sugar did you add at bottling? How long in the primary and secondary?

Throw them in the fridge ASAP if they are already at the carbonation you want.

Back