questions about diagram, starting to wire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
My_Panel_Schematic2.jpg

id like to know how you split the hot wire(blue) after the 10a fuse? you just soldier one in to another? same situation with the coils.

also can the wires going to the element led lights be 14 ga? i bought 240 v lights for them but they are really small. i dont think a 10 ga would fit in them..

thanks

On the diagram where it shows the dot and line split, that's not two wires soldered/twisted together. It's just a cleaner way of drawing it vs having 20 wires going back to the distribution block.

You don't have to run everything back to the distro. block though. What I'd do is run one to that pump 1 switch, and just use a jumper to the other switches right there. With the coil power-feeds definitely run separate lines.

On the diagram where it shows the dot and line split, that's not two wires soldered/twisted together. It's just a cleaner way of drawing it vs having 20 wires going back to the distribution block.

You don't have to run everything back to the distro. block though. What I'd do is run one to that pump 1 switch, and just use a jumper to the other switches right there. With the coil power-feeds definitely run separate lines.

well what i dont understand is the diagram shows the 2 wires (split) after the fuse. being that only 1 fuse is being used right there how would you wire that in (real life) if anyone has done something like this, can you upload a pic of how that looks?

edit: i could also ask.. which one is put on the fuse? the pump wire or the wire to the element switch?

The diagram says the fuse is for the pumps and PID. Why not just use two separate fuse holders? Pumps on one, PID separate. I'm not really sure why it shows the element-selector switch being fused. I'd ask PJ.

PJ would you be so kind as to explain this for me?
Just for a FYI: When you edit and trim the diagram (you cut all of the foot notes) it makes it extremely difficult for me to identify & view the diagram in full scale. Additionally, I'm unable to identify the specific diagram that I provided & you referenced. It would be far better for you to post the original link that I used to display the diagram in the first place. Just saying...

So, bottom line, I'm stuck without help for you.

If you could give me the link from the original posting of the wiring plan, I'm sure I could help.

Please keep in mind that I have provided hundreds of wiring plans to, and for, members of this forum - each one of them unique in some way.

P-J

Just for a FYI: When you edit and trim the diagram (you cut all of the foot notes) it makes it extremely difficult for me to identify & view the diagram in full scale. Additionally, I'm unable to identify the specific diagram that I provided & you referenced. It would be far better for you to post the original link that I used to display the diagram in the first place. Just saying...

So, bottom line, I'm stuck without help for you.

If you could give me the link from the original posting of the wiring plan, I'm sure I could help.

Please keep in mind that I have provided hundreds of wiring plans to, and for, members of this forum - each one of them unique in some way.

P-J

i do not have the original diagram, thats how i copied it from the website. someone else must have cut the footnotes.

its just a normal 30 amp system.

Basically this shows that you need to protect the switches and indicator lamps because they are rated at 10 amp max. Think of it like a 10 amp circuit breaker protecting these components. You don't have to splice anything together. You can have the "out" feed from the fuse powering a terminal strip where you would connect the hots for each of the components you see wired.

I suppose you could splice together at those points if you wanted to take the diagram very literally but it would not be a good practice, not up to electrical standards, and perhaps not safe but would technically work. I would not do it that way however.

Basically this shows that you need to protect the switches and indicator lamps because they are rated at 10 amp max. Think of it like a 10 amp circuit breaker protecting these components. You don't have to splice anything together. You can have the "out" feed from the fuse powering a terminal strip where you would connect the hots for each of the components you see wired.

I suppose you could splice together at those points if you wanted to take the diagram very literally but it would not be a good practice, not up to electrical standards, and perhaps not safe but would technically work. I would not do it that way however.

yea, i was thinking of needing more wire terminal strips, but his diagram does not specify that. so i wasnt sure what he was trying to do.

Thank You. And 100% on the point.

Ok... And?

did you even read the OP at all?

edit: i asked

id like to know how you split the hot wire(blue) after the 10a fuse? you just soldier one in to another? same situation with the coils.

obviously soldering after that fuse is a bad idea. so how are you taking that 1 wire, and making it into 2? another terminal strip? because if so, it doesnt look like it

Yup. AND I asked for the ID of the diagram that I made so that I could help you.

Now what?
Apparently you do not want my help.
That's A-Ok. Done deal!

Carry on and wishing you the best with your absolute arrogance.!

you always talk to people like you are better than everyone on here. all i wanted was a simple question answerd and you had to act like an ass like you always do. I don't want your help if you are going to treat people like that. maybe other people will kiss up to you, but I won't. ill stick to asking other people who are nicer and more helpful.

you always talk to people like you are better than everyone on here. all i wanted was a simple question answerd and you had to act like an ass like you always do. I don't want your help if you are going to treat people like that. maybe other people will kiss up to you, but I won't. ill stick to asking other people who are nicer and more helpful.
Good job! You have now sucessfully earned my addition for you to my block user list. Congrats! You are now #3 on the list for absolute arrogance.

Just keep in mind that I was trying to help you in your mission.

You took the detour to - "I'm right - You are wrong!"

Do not reply to this message for my benefit. I will NOT see or read it as you are now blocked!

Carry on - wishing you sucess in life. (You really NEED that wish with your attitude!)

I've been lurking here in the electric build thread for a few months now gathering info so I can build my first ever all electric system. Having said that....
It seems like everyday when I log on someone is asking or posting a question "what do I do" or "I need help" and 99% of the time PJ is right there with an awesome, time consuming and very detailed diagram for the person asking for help. Now if this is "ass-kissing" so be it but PJ does this thread and a few other web-sites a service for "free" to anyone that asks. To see him get bashed by someone like has happened here is pretty sad. All PJ did was ask for more details because he would need to look up just what diagram was being posted. A simple question that got turned around by someone that is very arrogant and looks to me like a total ASS. PJ has every right to be done with this person and not assist him in any way. I hope I am not alone in reading this thread this way and hope that this person is ignored by other members when he asks for help.

Now brew on.....

I've been lurking here in the electric build thread for a few months now gathering info so I can build my first ever all electric system. Having said that....
It seems like everyday when I log on someone is asking or posting a question "what do I do" or "I need help" and 99% of the time PJ is right there with an awesome, time consuming and very detailed diagram for the person asking for help. Now if this is "ass-kissing" so be it but PJ does this thread and a few other web-sites a service for "free" to anyone that asks. To see him get bashed by someone like has happened here is pretty sad. All PJ did was ask for more details because he would need to look up just what diagram was being posted. A simple question that got turned around by someone that is very arrogant and looks to me like a total ASS. PJ has every right to be done with this person and not assist him in any way. I hope I am not alone in reading this thread this way and hope that this person is ignored by other members when he asks for help.

Now brew on.....

I second that.

To the OP, he's a huge help and in an effort to provide accurate information, was asking for the diagram number. If you haven't noticed, he's done hundreds of them, for free, for people he doesn't know. He's a tremendous resource and simply getting him the info he needs from you so he can answer YOUR question isn't that much to ask.

He's personally spent several hours working with me on my build - diagram, talking through what I want to accomplish, steering me away from certain things, several phone calls accounting for several hours (35 minutes today), providing a parts list with links to the actual items...you'd think the least you could do is give him the diagram number.

If you don't have it, just say so. He probably would have drawn you a complete new diagram, specific to your particular system.

Good luck with that now.

Not to sound like a dick at all. Pj i think u are going a little over the top w how ur acting. Not sure if ur a EE or what but we r all simple people that ask almost simple questions. If i drew up something i could no matter what atleast guide someone in the right direction. I know people love u on here and also it seems people jist plain cant stand u. Im completely indifferent. U seem to know ur **** and thays why i continue to read ur stuff to possibly get ideas but sometimes u act like a 15 yr old who was just told they cant sit at the popular table at school. I DONT have problems either way but tired of people hating on u and u hating on others!!! Cheers!!!z

Edit. I must have been slower than i thought!!!

Not to sound like a dick at all. Pj i think u are going a little over the top w how ur acting. Not sure if ur a EE or what but we r all simple people that ask almost simple questions. If i drew up something i could no matter what atleast guide someone in the right direction. I know people love u on here and also it seems people jist plain cant stand u. Im completely indifferent. U seem to know ur **** and thays why i continue to read ur stuff to possibly get ideas but sometimes u act like a 15 yr old who was just told they cant sit at the popular table at school. I DONT have problems either way but tired of people hating on u and u hating on others!!! Cheers!!!z

Not sure how you can fault the guy for wanting the diagram number. How do you make recommendations when you don't know the parameters of the system being worked on. You're talking about something that has the ability and capacity to kill you. I'm glad P-J doesn't take any of that lightly.

He does all this for free and isn't trying to keep customers. If you don't like working with him or can't give him the info he needs to help you, that's your problem.

I saw a thread where there was a bit of a battle over the capabilities of some of the components. No issue with people debating ideas in the open and learning from each other. That's different than just being a smart ass and saying, "You made the diagram, figure it out."

Ok...

Now what?

Just feed the other side of the fuse back to the terminal strip and split from there. Boom. Assuming your terminal strip isn't ganged together.

PJ has a very short fuse (pun intended?), but he's a great resource to have. He spends hours every time someone asks for a diagram tailored to their situation. I have much respect for him, as do most people that have used his resources in the past.

P-J said:
Ok...

Now what?

Hahahhaa. I wasnt try to come across as being on someones side. Ive been a part of many different types of forums and just seems to always have the same type of people. Ok. Pj u have every right to simple ask for a drawin number. Uve drawn up a lot so ill give u that. As for the other guy. Uve pissed pj off apparently so u better learn to make w what u have.

And for the other guy who thought i was bashing pj!!! I know all this can kill u. It actually takes a hell of a lot less than this type of juice to f ur heart. Healthy or not. Thats why ive stated before. If u have "NO IDEA". What the hell u r doing then by all means ask an expert(such as pj). If looking at a diagrams boggles ur mind then pay someone to put it together for u thay does. Thats y us electricians make the great money we do(atleast us union boys do)!!!! Im not hating on anyone and wont. Lifes to short to get bent out of shape on a forum! And once again , CHEERS EVERYONE! Hope everyone has a great friday and weekend!

Hahahhaa. I wasnt try to come across as being on someones side. Ive been a part of many different types of forums and just seems to always have the same type of people. Ok. Pj u have every right to simple ask for a drawin number. Uve drawn up a lot so ill give u that. As for the other guy. Uve pissed pj off apparently so u better learn to make w what u have.

And for the other guy who thought i was bashing pj!!! I know all this can kill u. It actually takes a hell of a lot less than this type of juice to f ur heart. Healthy or not. Thats why ive stated before. If u have "NO IDEA". What the hell u r doing then by all means ask an expert(such as pj). If looking at a diagrams boggles ur mind then pay someone to put it together for u thay does. Thats y us electricians make the great money we do(atleast us union boys do)!!!! Im not hating on anyone and wont. Lifes to short to get bent out of shape on a forum! And once again , CHEERS EVERYONE! Hope everyone has a great friday and weekend!

I didn't think you were bashing, I just see both sides of the story. As one who has benefited greatly from P-J's help, I just don't understand how people can be unappreciative of what he does. If he needs something from someone to get the details right, by all means, if you want his help, give him what he's asking for. It's really that simple. He's not charging money, he's not asking for anything ridiculous at all.

I think it boils down to there are people you're never going to be able to please.

Not sure how you can fault the guy for wanting the diagram number. How do you make recommendations when you don't know the parameters of the system being worked on. You're talking about something that has the ability and capacity to kill you. I'm glad P-J doesn't take any of that lightly.

He does all this for free and isn't trying to keep customers. If you don't like working with him or can't give him the info he needs to help you, that's your problem.

I saw a thread where there was a bit of a battle over the capabilities of some of the components. No issue with people debating ideas in the open and learning from each other. That's different than just being a smart ass and saying, "You made the diagram, figure it out."

i said in an earlier post that i just saved the image from this website JUST LIKE THAT. i did NO EDITING to it. i don't have that number and he apparently just wasn't getting it. I don't think its a coincidence that alot of people on here find pj to be a jerk-off. I'm the 3rd person he has had to block on these forums? Gee i wonder why. no one else finds that to be a little odd?

either way, what i was asking had nothing to do with the diagram number, all of his diagrams do that same thing i was asking about.

everyone on here knows hes a prick. some are willing to put up with it to get free info. others are not. i am the latter of the two.

Not to sound like a dick at all. Pj i think u are going a little over the top w how ur acting.
Ok...
Thank you for your thoughts about how I'm acting.

And???

Do you spend hundreds of hours supporting and developing ---

Never mind. It no longer matters. I'm done.!
You all figure it out for your selves.!
I'm just too old to deal with this absolute BS and abuse.

Good luck to all.!

Oh...
And thank you bagpiperjosh for your attitude in my attempt to help you and for striking the right nerve in pissing me off to the N'th degree.

BTW.. Please thank the forum... Your mission has been accomplished.!

i said in an earlier post that i just saved the image from this website JUST LIKE THAT. i did NO EDITING to it. i don't have that number and he apparently just wasn't getting it. I don't think its a coincidence that alot of people on here find pj to be a jerk-off. I'm the 3rd person he has had to block on these forums? Gee i wonder why. no one else finds that to be a little odd?

either way, what i was asking had nothing to do with the diagram number, all of his diagrams do that same thing i was asking about.

everyone on here knows hes a prick. some are willing to put up with it to get free info. others are not. i am the latter of the two.

Then you can pay an electrician who hopefully knows about brewing to work up your diagram and teach you how to do wiring since that's aparantly something you're not currently able to do or willing to teach yourself.

A whole three people blocked on a forum of 111,751 members? Wow. You must be super special.

I got blocked on this forum once. :mug:

P-J said:
Ok...
Thank you for your thoughts about how I'm acting.

And???

Do you spend hundreds of hours supporting and developing ---

Never mind. It no longer matters. I'm done.!
You all figure it out for your selves.!
I'm just too old to deal with this absolute BS and abuse.

Good luck to all.!

Ur a funny guy!!! Really!! People have no sense of humor! Whatever man. I dont need ur "help" so it doesnt matter to me wether u post or not. I liked some ideas u have but u let some little **** get ur panties in a bunch waaaaayyyyy to easily! Im sorry to the original thread starter. Didnt want to hijack ur thread w useless garbage but looks like thats what it became anyway. And even if i dont spends hundreds of hours developing and supporting i do wire up spaces to support $10,000,000 micron microscopes that have redundant pwr and protection bc to the people that use that a life is just as important as the fruit fly brains they r looking at.
Sir u need to drink a beer or stop drinking. Which ever is making u so angry all the time. Maybe cut back on that!! Ur profile says single. Im sure ur little temper tantrums r a part of that problem too!!

Oh...
And thank you bagpiperjosh for your attitude in my attempt to help you and for striking the right nerve in pissing me off to the N'th degree.

BTW.. Please thank the forum... Your mission has been accomplished.!

i thought he blocked me?? o well.
there are plenty of other nice and friendly people on here, I dont need pjs poor attitude anyway. good riddance

Then you can pay an electrician who hopefully knows about brewing to work up your diagram and teach you how to do wiring since that's aparantly something you're not currently able to do or willing to teach yourself.

A whole three people blocked on a forum of 111,751 members? Wow. You must be super special.

I got blocked on this forum once. :mug:
i am pretty special. I'm a PENS fan!!!

but seriously. to those who have helped, i sincerely appreciate it. those who want to internet battle.. no thanks

Just feed the other side of the fuse back to the terminal strip and split from there. Boom. Assuming your terminal strip isn't ganged together.

PJ has a very short fuse (pun intended?), but he's a great resource to have. He spends hours every time someone asks for a diagram tailored to their situation. I have much respect for him, as do most people that have used his resources in the past.

not a bad idea. i think i may do something like that. thanks! :mug:

Back