Eat the grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTDoug

Reaction score
Hey, odd question, but does anyone ever eat the grain after brewing? Its not horrible by the handful right out of the grainbag, its at least as good as many of the high fiber cereals at the store.

Anyone have any good recipes or preparation methods ... it seems like a little of a waste throwing away all that roughage.

Cheers,
Doug

There is someone, I can't remember who, (maybe one of the Barons) that bakes bread out of their spent grains. I, personally, learned from this forum to use them to bait my deer stand.

Edit: As shown by the Chairman, the Kaiser baked the bread.

Works great in the compost tumbler too but baking bread with it is definitely on the "To Do" lists.

hey, thanks for the ideas. I'm already spent after a 5 hr brewing session (stupid electric range) so for now I just boiled a few cups and I'm going to eat it straight and see how, well, "things turn out" over the next day before eating much more. This stuff looks like it could rival Saturday Night Live's "Colon Blow" cereal.

Back