Got my order from MidWest...and missing 3# extract...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerChef17

Reaction score
I was super excited to see my order from Midwest arrive today-and also slightly confused as I never received any shipping notification. After tearing into my package I saw I was shorted 3# of Wheat DME. On the upside they are shipping it out asap. On the downside that will not be until Monday, so I wont be receiving it until Wed or Thurs.

Oh well...at least I have time to pitch my yeast for a starter

Yeah I was actually just looking at them the other day. I am going to try BMW next, since the shipping time will take a day less once in transit. Also midwest seems to take 3 days to get my order together before shipping which is slightly annoying. But FHBS looks to be about the same distance from me

Listen, they all make mistakes from time to time. And they all occasionally take longer than fiftteen minutes to process and ship your order. Did you give MW a chance to make things right? One bad experience doesnt mean they're a bad HBS. I've ordered from them about a dozen times and never had a problem.

Northern Brewer is my go to online vendor. They have never been out of anything I wanted and always ship promptly.

When did this site turn into a customer complaint window? It's really starting to get old.

_

I was super excited to see my order from Midwest arrive today-and also slightly confused as I never received any shipping notification. After tearing into my package I saw I was shorted 3# of Wheat DME. On the upside they are shipping it out asap. On the downside that will not be until Monday, so I wont be receiving it until Wed or Thurs.

Oh well...at least I have time to pitch my yeast for a starter

I've done a few from Midwest. They always eMail when they recieve the order and say they will eMail when it's shipped. Never got the second eMail, but the goods always arrive in about a week and that ain't bad shipping to HAWAI`I.

They uprgraded my yeast to WP001 for free once because they where out of activator, without even asking me. Good group in my eyes.

Listen, they all make mistakes from time to time. And they all occasionally take longer than fiftteen minutes to process and ship your order. Did you give MW a chance to make things right? One bad experience doesnt mean they're a bad HBS. I've ordered from them about a dozen times and never had a problem.

I already said in OP they are sending me the missing DME. And I dont mean to come off at all sounding like they are a bad HBS. Like I said its just kind of annoying when it takes 3 days to put my small order together, which includes 3 different people signing a piece of paper saying it's all there, then having it all not be there. This one incident isn't going to stop me from using them ever, but I will be shopping around for a quicker alternative.

When did this site turn into a customer complaint window? It's really starting to get old.

_

I don't think anyone is hating on Midwest but I dont see why everyone is always on their N*ts about being so great either. They are NOT that great with overall prices and speed of getting orders processed. Shipping is ok because you actually pay for weight alone. I've ordered from multiple vendors and in my personal opinion farm house brewing is by far the best with prices, speed of shipping, and quality of items. Its perfect for me because I can buy hops and grains in a semi bulk fashion. If I need equipment or liquid yeast I buy local. Farm house is not a "one stop shop" but them beat the pants off everyone else for the items they do carry.

I already said in OP they are sending me the missing DME. And I dont mean to come off at all sounding like they are a bad HBS. Like I said its just kind of annoying when it takes 3 days to put my small order together, which includes 3 different people signing a piece of paper saying it's all there, then having it all not be there. This one incident isn't going to stop me from using them ever, but I will be shopping around for a quicker alternative.

I haven't shopped at Midwest yet but I can tell you the alternatives that have been mentioned in this thread also take about 2 to 3 days to ship an order. One thing I learned is no matter where I shop it's best to order with plenty of lead time because there are many possible reasons an order may be delayed.

I'm glad to hear Midwest fixed the problem for you. I haven't had a vendor do me wrong yet whenever I gave them the opportunity to fix a problem.

I haven't shopped at Midwest yet but I can tell you the alternatives that have been mentioned in this thread also take about 2 to 3 days to ship an order. One thing I learned is no matter where I shop it's best to order with plenty of lead time because there are many possible reasons an order may be delayed.

I'm glad to hear Midwest fixed the problem for you. I haven't had a vendor do me wrong yet whenever I gave them the opportunity to fix a problem.

morebeer "super saving shipping" is a joke... Its 8 to 9 business days to receive an order in the midwest.

Back