Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone still playing GTA 5 online? I just started. I need a crew to make some bank.

Never started. I did buy the game some months ago from my brother, but the PC has been taking all my time. I haven't turned on either of my playstations in quite some time :(

Guess I shoulda specified. I'm on the PS4. Too many kids playing the game I'd rather join a crew with people of legal drinking age.
There hasn't been much interest in any titles being released so I jumped on GTA online for entertainment.
I may pick up the new Metal Gear. I liked the demo.

Huge update to ESO adding Imperial City among many other things. Just spent an hour reading patch notes. They fixed things I didn't even realize could've been fixed. Excited.

I came across a guy that was trying to fish on ESO last night.
Got all sneaky and stalked up the river to him.
Waited until his next cast and jumped out of the water.
Raped his face.

Was so pleased with myself I forgot to record it.
I suck.

No idea what ESO is but this sounds like a blast whatever it is. Please record your next one and post it. Subbed for that reason alone. Hillarious.

No idea what ESO is but this sounds like a blast whatever it is. Please record your next one and post it. Subbed for that reason alone. Hillarious.

I'll make it my mission now lol. My brother and I funk with people all the time. We like to use skills that intentionally knock people back, then lure people to fight on edges of cliffs and castle walls... Doesn't matter how tough they are compared to us if we launch one off something :ban:

I'll make it my mission now lol. My brother and I funk with people all the time. We like to use skills that intentionally knock people back, then lure people to fight on edges of cliffs and castle walls... Doesn't matter how tough they are compared to us if we launch one off something :ban:

Sounds like my Hunter, Priest, and Warlock in WoW battlegrounds. I especially love attacking/defending Lumber Mill in Arathi Basin.

Guess I shoulda specified. I'm on the PS4. Too many kids playing the game I'd rather join a crew with people of legal drinking age.
There hasn't been much interest in any titles being released so I jumped on GTA online for entertainment.
I may pick up the new Metal Gear. I liked the demo.

Metal Gear 5 if pretty legit so far. im only 10% into the game, but im diggin the hell out of it.

I'm not sure how I like the whole limited hits thing though. From what I read.. if you screw up one that's it.. don't get another chance. There is the limited time hits supposed to come from online to.. where you literally have a time window to make it happen. Part of me thinks it could be cool to add the realism.. the other part of me thinks it could suck.

I just picked up an X1 and have only grabbed FIFA 16 so far. it was really the only game i played on 360. I will probably pick up the newest COD around the holiday's. Wasn't a big fan of Halo last time i played it.

What other FPSs are good on X1?

Just got my copy of Fallout 4 pre-ordered. Now the waiting begins...

I'll be waiting for <$30 GoTY with all the DLC's packaged as I always do, but I'm excited about this too. I bought Fallout 2 packaged with the original Fallout shortly after its release and have been a fan ever since. I was nervous about Bethesda's take on Fallout 3 before I played it, but they stayed largely true to the spirit of the series and brought it into a more modern era of gaming. New Vegas was basically more of the same, for which reason it was likewise awesome.

Currently, I've been putting most of my limited gaming time into some survival and horror games. When the wifey is using the entertainment PC (midrange gaming desktop hooked up to our TV) I've put some time into Don't Starve, which is fun once you've learned how to survive more than a few days, but it's got a limited shelf life for those of us who aren't so hardcore as to want to play through adventure mode or install the difficulty-increasing Reign of Giants DLC. Weekend mornings while my wife is sleeping in I've been working my way through Outlast with an xbox controller, because some games just weren't made for mouse and keyboard play (Dead Space, Alan Wake, and Fable come to mind), while Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is installed and awaiting my attention. However, neither of those games would please the missus very much, so I've been working on Miasmata if I get the itch to play something while she's in the room. Finally, I'm looking forward to getting The Long Dark the next time it's on sale. It's still in alpha, but I played a few hours at my brother's house this summer and while far from perfect, it's a lot of fun and very rewarding. I know that all sounds like a lot because I'm juggling a bunch of different games, but really it's just half an hour here, an hour there as I can fit it in.

I liked Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but never played A Machine for Pigs.

However, the same folks are going to be releasing a game called SOMA soon which looks really good; shades of System Shock 2/Bioshock.

I liked Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but never played A Machine for Pigs.

However, the same folks are going to be releasing a game called SOMA soon which looks really good; shades of System Shock 2/Bioshock.

Isn't SOMA out already? It either just released or GOG put on a pre-release event where they unveiled the original System Shock and did presales for SOMA. I'd like to see the reviews before I buy into SOMA since A Machine for Pigs has gotten relatively poor user reviews and the hour or so I've put into it has fallen far short of the first hour of The Dark Descent. I really enjoyed System Shock 2 and loved Bioshock (2 was a step down from 1, Infinite is hard to place because Columbia just isn't Rapture), so I'm hopeful for SOMA, but in all honesty I'm nearing my fill of helpless protagonists in video games and I understand that SOMA, like many Frictional games, is light on the player's ability to fight back. It works well sometimes like in Amnesia, but often it just feels like an unnecessary gameplay restriction, like in Outlast where you have no option but to run and hide from the individual madmen carrying clubs even when there are countless potential weapons strewn all about the place that the physically-able protagonist could use to defend himself.

I just got Amnesia from steam when it was free. Hope my computer can play it.

Played though The Taken King raid, well almost. My team (Aka ********) just left at the last part. Now I have more people to actually finish it tonight, hope it wont be a pain though it usually is. Really fun raid once you figured out what to do.

One complaint most people are just trying to beat it as fast as possible and if you havent ran it or know what to do they do not want to play with you because you havent run it yet. I get why but they dont even give you a chance. Just annoying.

Anyone on ps4? I kinda want to get back into destiny, but random people usually suck to play with.

Yeah... I got bored with Destiny quick unfortunately.
Though all my friends are trying to get me to come back for whatever new expansion is out.

I'm still playing it. I'm on the last part of the raid. I need someone that wont quit. I love/hate but I still have fun in it.

GT DisturbdChemist

Nice. I still need to get another 3 month psn subscription and the taken king, but I won't quit on you. I'm a bit busy with my thesis the next couple of weeks, but I plan on getting it soon. I'll add you next time I get on, but if anyone else wants to add me:

PS4 GT: ACiD2800

To all you PS4 people if you want to try the new rainbow 6 game out they have extended the beta until Sunday and gave me extra codes to share. So here you go.

AHP2-TJNG-8B8T
4CRF-4NNG-NCKN
GEJC-DQNK-DRC3
2MEQ-TKN8-BLCF

Well.. My Fecking Xbox is lost somewhere in the UAE. Along with 7 games. According to Delta my bag was never checked. Fantastic :( Hopefully I can get this resolved.

My boy plays the hell out of destiny on the 360. He's fairly good to boot. I'm a world of tanks fan. Haven't been able to play for months though.

Nursed a solid Saturday morning hangover by putting the hurt on people in Elder Scrolls again. Yet again, another solid moment that I regret that I did not record. I came across one of our keeps being attacked so I ran around and entered the small postern door. I made it to the ramparts and set up a ballista just as the outer keep wall was destroyed. The small raiding party stormed over the rubble of the wall and ate unrelenting ballista fire. By the time they figured out where it was coming from, there was only a few of them left and they scattered.

The whole time, my friends texted me non-stop trying to get me to drop another $60 on Destiny and come join them. Having a hard time justifying that expense when they are all just going to bail and play the new CoD in a month or so.

After getting fairly burnt out on slower-paced survival games, I decided to install my latent copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum for a fast-paced, mindless romp. Since it was a seven-day holiday for the Chinese version of Independence Day, I engaged in some longer-than-advisable sessions of vegging on the couch with an Xbox controller hooked up the the entertainment PC and beat-em-up all the way through a 100% clearing of the story mode. Skipped the challenge mode, though - what's the point in playing through a bunch of mindless fistfights over and over again just for the sake of getting some arbitrary points and maybe a couple meaningless Steam achievements? Arkham City's installed now, but it'll probably wait for a while or only get sporadic playtime as I clear some of the slower-paced stuff out of the queue.

games will be MUCH more affordable once I've moved back to civilisation :)

they're like $90 each up here.

Back