Tea Balls for dry hopping.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hukdizzle

Reaction score
Anyone know of a completely 100% stainless tea ball? I have found several that claim they are stainless but then i see testimonials about their latches rusting and such. Anyone have any suggestions?

Nope....but FWIW, I got mine from walmart and haven't had any rusting in over a year. Might try those ones....

i just use a 5 gallon paint strainer. It works perfectly for me :)

I use a tea strainer in the keg- and no rust. It's smaller than I'd like though- it only holds about an ounce of pellet hops or a 1/2 ounce of leaf hops, but it works really well!

I'm dry hopping in keg right now with a tea ball. Seems to work alright for me. Check out the thread that Edwort started on dryhopping in a keg by modifying the lid.

I have a satinless one, the pin holding the latch did rust off afte the 2nd use. I now just tie it together with a small piece of string that soaked in StarSan. No problems with that method yet.

These are all stainless and will fit in carboys too:

BrewInfuser.jpg

Would those scratch a Better Bottle? Considering get a couple of those, but concerned about scratching and they are kinda expensive.

Chris

That's a total waste of money. If you're worried about rust, use jb weld to stick a tab with a hole in it to the lid of the corny. Then, use a mesh bag.

Or, ferment in primary for a month (this in itself has MANY benefits). After the first 2 weeks, add hops. I've had awesome results....you're basically doing primary and secondary in the same vessel. For double-dry-hop awesomeness, also add a non-rusting herb ball of hops to the keg.

Latest posts

Back