Best Hop Dropper for the price for SS Unitank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
I just pieced together a 1.5" version of this dropper for my new unitank. The almost full version is available at Brewhardware.com as a 1.5" and 2" version.
https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hopbongkit2.htmBrewhardware sells it without the pressure release on the top, instead relying on the cap which you actively unscrew and let purge. There is a pressure relief valve you could add to it for the top but I am not seeing it available. Note the hop bong uses soda cap threads, these are not very commonly used for homebrewing, at least in the US. So if you want the pressure relief valve, it's the same one on this tapping head. Oxebar Tapping Head for PET Keg
You would also need a3" to 2" reducer and a butterfly valve in 2" if you went this route. Or you could go the 1.5" route. Since I just ordered, I can't speak to how well it functions.

Back