deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbsj

Reaction score
i'm thinking about keggind and have been looking for the best deal that won't leave me wishing i had somehting else later on down the line. there's a guys seeling a set up and here's part of an email he sent

i will sell 2 of my 5 gallon kegs and the 5 lb CO2
tank for $100.

i also have an old regulator i haven't used in a year
and a half at least. i'll toss that in as well, but
you should have it checked out to make sure it's still
working. gaskets at least should be looked at.

he said the co2 is 2 years old and has 3 years left on the hydro. i know very little about all this stuff and have just read a few articles here and there. does this seem like a good deal or should i buy something off ebay (there was a 3 keg setup w/co2 on there that looked to include everything including 5# co2 tank for for 250 plus 65 for shipping). what else would i need to buy or would be an additional cost to this setup? help and comments would be much appreciated.

It's a decent deal, not spectacular but worthwhile. If the reg's a dual-gauge reg (and it works), that makes it a great deal. Figure that a rebuilt cornie's worth $25 or so, a 5-lb tank probably what, $60 - $70... single regs I've seen go fairly cheap on eBay, ~$15 or so, duals is good condition are worth probably $30 - $40.

ebrew.com

They have a 3 (used) keg kit with 5lb CO2 tank and dual gauge reg and new seals for all 3 for $175. I threw in some keg lube and shipping (NC to OH) and it came to around $205. I haven't kegged anything yet, but all 3 were shipped under pressure and clean on the inside. I'm happy with the deal I got there.

How can you test the regulator other than hooking it up to an empty keg? And then couldnt it still be off somehow?

cpbergie said:
How can you test the regulator other than hooking it up to an empty keg? And then couldnt it still be off somehow?
There are specialized shops that do nothing but calibration of measuring equipment. Micrometers, Regulators, Torque wrench......

Back