Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this set-up on CL for 100 bucks. Daddy likes. Now, I just have to get a keg and an adapter kit since this is set up for commercial kegs

1405303531397.jpg

tcii.jpg

My 4 tap keezer made from a Kenmore 8 CF chest freezer with an 8" insulated collar. It has a computer fan inside running when the Johnson Controls controller cuts on, as do the blue led's in the clock, and I recently reconfigured it to have the C02 tank outside because my 20# tank took up too much room inside. The most unique thing about it may be the chrome tap handles which get a lot of compliments. I also put double hinges on the lid and collar and added wheels to make it easier to get kegs into and out of it. The little oval labels above each tap are made of wood with a magnet underneath.

Lots of teens around my house and the keezer is in the garage so the internet security camera is there to keep them from getting crazy with the homebrew.

I just scored a 1950s General Electric fridge that works! Found it on my local craigslist $100...settled with the seller on $90. Going to get it tonight after work. :D

Can't wait to start on this project!

front.jpg

inside.jpg

Building my kegerator from a fridge my boss's boss gave me. So far I bent the freezer and drilled it to the floor. It's working so far a little too well, so trying to find the sweet spot for the thermostat. Just gotta get shanks and maybe a controller and I'm good to go.

1405372497584.jpg

1405372516545.jpg

1405372532028.jpg

1405372560240.jpg

1405372594143.jpg

Finally got around to finishing my keezer. Started the project last winter with picnic taps and a very short collar but that arrangement wasn't working out very well. This has turned out to be a lot more satisfactory.

Cheers! :mug:

keezer 6.jpg

keezer 3.jpg

keezer 4.jpg

Can you show a better picture of it or describe your drip tray holder/setup?

That is a three shelf bookshelf my wife found at the flea market which was painted to match to color of the collar. The drip tray just rests on top of it which makes for easy cleaning. I like that it also holds cups and other tools and accessories I use in my keezer. It is also very sturdy--I'd have no reservations about filling a couple of pitchers which were on top of the drip tray at the same time.

Here's a picture of it before it was painted and when my keezer was still inside my house:
y0c5.jpg

I decided not to use the other decorative piece that is on the top shelf.

tcii.jpg

My 4 tap keezer made from a Kenmore 8 CF chest freezer with an 8" insulated collar. It has a computer fan inside running when the Johnson Controls controller cuts on, as do the blue led's in the clock, and I recently reconfigured it to have the C02 tank outside because my 20# tank took up too much room inside. The most unique thing about it may be the chrome tap handles which get a lot of compliments. I also put double hinges on the lid and collar and added wheels to make it easier to get kegs into and out of it. The little oval labels above each tap are made of wood with a magnet underneath.

Lots of teens around my house and the keezer is in the garage so the internet security camera is there to keep them from getting crazy with the homebrew.

That is such a good idea for teenagers. It is even better than locking taps. Thanks for the idea.

That is a three shelf bookshelf my wife found at the flea market which was painted to match to color of the collar.
LOL, nice!

Was not very clear in the first pic, I thought you had that mounted to the front somehow. Sometimes the best solutions are the easiest.

Finally got around to finishing my keezer. Started the project last winter with picnic taps and a very short collar but that arrangement wasn't working out very well. This has turned out to be a lot more satisfactory.

I love how the bottle opener and the bar towel balance the look. A lot of keezers look plain as there is nothing but the taps and tray. Nice job.

^^^

Haha! I just noticed the frowning face cup on the far right tap. Must be a kicked keg. LOL!
That's what I wanted everyone to think but instead that tap was to a beer I wasn't crazy about that I decided at the last minute to not serve at a party at my house.

I was too lazy to just remove the liquid out connection from the keg so I used the frowny cup, however my curious and thirsty friends were not deterred which I found out when they came up and asked what style the frowny face beer was. Man plans and god laughs.

LOL, nice!

Was not very clear in the first pic, I thought you had that mounted to the front somehow. Sometimes the best solutions are the easiest.

Thanks. I admit I stole the idea from another HBT keezer builder except he built his "bookshelf" from scratch. This was a lot easier and has worked great for over a year now.

I love how the bottle opener and the bar towel balance the look. A lot of keezers look plain as there is nothing but the taps and tray. Nice job.

Thanks! :D

There are so many great looking builds on this forum I got confused for a while. Couldn't figure out which way to go with it.

Do you label the ovals to indicate the beer in the tap?

They came prelabeled in a set of 15 ovals with typical beer styles like Stout, Porter, Pale Ale, Red Ale, Brown Ale, Bock, Wheat, etc. I bought them last summer from an HBT member who has apparently since disappeared along with his online company where I bought them. Here's a better picture of some of the original text:
9rux.jpg

I have a label maker and if I want to modify what the original label says I make a label and append it to what was already on the oval. For example, I do a good bit of cider but the closest original label was "Fruit" so I made a label with "Cider" on it so it reads Fruit Cider.

There are a few of the original labels that I'll probably never use like "Specialty" and "Seasonal" because they are too vague so I may just paint over the text and use my label maker and make custom labels for those.

Here's what I got so far. I have 3 5 gallon cornys. The two larger tap handles I made. One is drift wood? The other is elk antler. Third one(middle) I'm still not sure what I want to do with it. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406152157.899364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I set it up for 4 taps, may move the co2 out so I can fit 4 kegs. I used a 8x1 collar and stained it wine. I'm using the non digital Johnson cooler. I just used everyone else's build threads to make mine :)

1406230291429.jpg

1406230309268.jpg

1406230407362.jpg

Finally I can contribute to this thread. Just gotta get another beer kegged and I'm finally able to have 2 on tap and not have to deal with the jockey box ice situation

1406488880729.jpg

1406488904358.jpg

Just finished mine. I did a collar of 2x6's around the top and then oak .75x11 on the outside of 3 sides for the chalkboard finish. It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it serves beer and I love it for that.

2014-07-27 12.59.27.jpg

I was going to build one from a kenmore 8.8 but I found a nice deal on Craigslist. It fits 3 cornys, perlick faucets, came with 4 kegs, c02 tank single gauge reg, some cleaning supplies, pretty much everything I need to get into kegging, all for 600 bucks, my first upgrade will be a three stage reg, or one tap might get a nitro setup. Made up some ginger ale from scratch the other day so I could get a feel for the system. Soon will be a saison and a weizenbock on tap. Stoked :beer:

1406599621679.jpg

I was going to build one from a kenmore 8.8 but I found a nice deal on Craigslist. It fits 3 cornys, perlick faucets, came with 4 kegs, c02 tank single gauge reg, some cleaning supplies, pretty much everything I need to get into kegging, all for 600 bucks, my first upgrade will be a three stage reg, or one tap might get a nitro setup. Made up some ginger ale from scratch the other day so I could get a feel for the system. Soon will be a saison and a weizenbock on tap. Stoked :beer:

Good deal

Finally got a drip tray installed:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406926787.978067.jpg

And got a new regulator:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406926936.210703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back