Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Root beer and Belgian wit kicked pretty quick at our keezer's first outing.
20140802_2047342_zpsc0gbofsq.jpg

more details here.
:mug:

I decided I needed a copper/brass 4 tap keezer, so I built this!

Copper with Perlick 252 SSTF's and hand turned custom zicote wood taps.

6ft liquid lines that are zip tied to their respective gas lines with a 3 ft "jumper ran along side the collar to the shanks, fully insulated, love TS2 w/ outlet, and two pc fans wired in parallel for air circulation. Need to make 3 more taps, but the system works beautifully with no foaming on the first pour. Very proud of my new baby!

Just finished my keezer! So happy to be kegging. I still need to add one more tap, and I think I'm going to make it nitro. The 3 taps are Perlick 650ss flow control faucets, and I'm loving them.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

About to build a collar for my keezer and wondering what kind of wood to use to tolerate the moisture? Also what kind of insulation should I use for inside collar?

I hadn't thought about putting the CO2 on the door, darthgeb. I might have to see how that fits in my rig. It might make room for a carboy to lager on the shelf. Thanks!

Recently finished my first keezer build. I have 4 3 gal pin locks from AIH and had been using this 5cf freezer with a temperature controller as a fermentation chamber. Left co2 outside of the freezer to save on space, it's a 20lb tank.

3 perlick faucets on the front- 2 525ss and 1 575ss. I might space them out a bit more if I were to build another keezer. Shanks and tailpieces are also stainless.

The collar/lid was constructed to simply screw into the hinges when the regular lid is removed - essentially making the keezer conversion reversible.

20140810_140805.jpg

20140810_140918.jpg

20140810_140927.jpg

Kinda what I figured. My little kegerator is having trouble keeping the beer really cold....it's a 1956 GE fridge setting in a really hot garage (damn TN summers). Wondered if a fan would help.

I noticed immediately after adding the fan that the temp on the thermostat stayed consistent for much longer, reducing the compressor cycles.

I went the route of a 12v PC fan connected with an old cell phone charger. Fan was from an old computer about to be recycled at work and the cell phone charger was from 7-9 years ago.

Yeah, I ordered a PC fan and a 12VDC power supply (don't have any old cell phone chargers).

7 taps ready for game day! Homebrews are fermenting, but I've got some good stuff in there in the mean time :)

20 pound CO2 tank, shelf space with strong brackets above for cold crashing/bottles/cans/lagering. Seven taps on side.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408049053.808990.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1408049067.188377.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1408049086.352477.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1408049100.406128.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1408049111.919104.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Hi Southern Yankee,
I like what you have done. I just got the OK to start collecting the parts I will need.
One question. How did you mount the drip tray? thanks.

Hi Southern Yankee,
I like what you have done. I just got the OK to start collecting the parts I will need.
One question. How did you mount the drip tray? thanks.
Thanks BrooklynTom!
Its held on by magnets attached to the wood. At the moment its held on to the keezer okay...but slides a little. Really cant hold a mug of beer and I not happy with that.
Two factors...The box is pretty heavy and the magnets aren't the super strong ones. I think I'm going to rebuild the box to be less in height which will decrease the weight. Might also add some super duty velcro.

Yeah or get a hanging tray. I love mine. Especially for cleaning. 2 stainless screws almost tight and I can remove it in one motion.

I used "extreme" mounting tape and that stuff seems to be holding on great. Yankee, beautiful wood choice. You going to put a bottle cap catch under the opener?

Good info guys on the tape.
I don't want to drill any holes in the freezer because its new and still "under warranty". Reason why its still white and not painted black.

I've thought about adding two hanging wooden strips attached to the collier and also to the box. I don't know yet.

No bottle cap catcher planned.

I'd also be reticent about drilling holes (regardless of diameter) through the skin of a modern chest freezer. You can try the alcohol and corn starch trick and pray to whatever deity you hold dear that you won't nick the condenser tubing (or if you drill way too deep, the evaporator tubing) but I'd be inclined to seek an alternative...

Cheers!

Back