Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great keggerator builds on here! I have a side by side that I want to convert and use the freezer side for kegs and refrigerator side for bottles. Can I do this with one Johnson controller? Basically, I need both sides the same temperature.

Your freezer gets very cold and then a little fan pulls cold air into the refrigerator side. So no I don't think your going to be able to do what you want there without some serious modifications.

Check the fridgenstein thread. I would say by adding fans in the right place, you could accomplish that. I wouldn't think that controller would be best tho.

1399984006044.jpg

Yeah, i could triple tap it if i wanted. I currently have 3 cornys in there. i prob wouldn't move the co2 tank outside since i like it all to be contained in the kegerator.

That is a thing of beauty -- simple yet full of character. What did you use for the horizontal surface?
I admit to a modicum of jealousy that you have free access to a source of barnwood.
My dad's giving up an old chest freezer he doesn't have room for anymore; I'm attempting to rustle up some old barnwood for the collar (or more, depending on what I can get my grubby mitts on) while I stockpile the rest of the gear the project requires.

Holy damn.
Managed to catch the VT tour around Buffalo years ago. I'm guessing Dog Years is your site?

Thank you scavenge! I used a sheet of plywood, stained in a blue/gray shade. I wanted to use barn wood, but the inconsistency in each piece would have made it difficult to rest a glass. Unfortunately this is about the last of the usable wood from the barn. The barn was torn down years ago and this wood has been sitting out open to the elements ever since. What remains is thoroughly rotted. I am hoping to make tap handles from the scrapes, but am not sure if it will work out.

Found this Beverage Air BM23 for 100$ in the classifieds. Need to be cleaned up and the reg is a nitrogen high pressure reg. Gotta check if I can modify it for co2. Now if can just get my brewery going.

Just tested it. put it on full blast with a thermometer inside and after 30 minutes it was down to -1 C / 30 F!!!
I think it's gonna work perfect.

1400455233778.jpg

Just finished my Beer and Soda keezer. Cold plate has 3 carbonated drinks, soda water and still water. Not real pretty but very very functional for the garage :)

Nothing special but it's mine and SWMBO had to eat her words and actually said it looks good!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400562741.532884.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1400562760.722114.jpg

Nothing special but it's mine and SWMBO had to eat her words and actually said it looks good!View attachment 200535View attachment 200536

It definitely looks good. It'll look excellent when you add the other three+ taps!

Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

It definitely looks good. It'll look excellent when you add the other three+ taps!

Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

Thanks! I'll hopefully be getting a second keg in the fall for my birthday.. One is just not enough!

No, I didn't want to screw into the side of the freezer. Not sure why. I just used double sided tape.

Good call. That's why I was curious if you did as I'm sure there are coolant lines that you could knick.

Got a few things to do to it yet:

Add a stout tap, add 2 more handles, run LED lighting around the collar, and bottle opener. I am hopping for enough room for 2 more taps too, it measures out, but tightness is what I am worried about.

(It looks crooked but its the back porch, that this summers project)

atPaF9P.jpg

Gladly graduating from bottling to kegging this week and recently completed my setup...took an old kenmore beige fridge, painted it orange, then black, then sanded it, and added chalkboard paint to the freezer door. As you can see, my daughter is already having her fun with the chalkboard:)

CAM00270.jpg

Thanks branman. It is upstairs and was a beast to get there. It will not be going anywhere for a long time and if it does I will not be the one moving it!

Here's mine. 3in PVC pipe with some random pvc "thing" I found at lowes as the base. Sanded it down and used kylon fusion black paint. The paint job wasn't the best so I found some use for some random beer stickers I had! The top part is a pvc test port. Temp controller on the side is a stc-1000, works like a champ!

CameraZOOM-20140523162321249.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140523162329528.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140523162351716.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140523162358007.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140523162545753.jpg

I have an igloo 4.6 cu.ft that I have converted. I had to cut the inside of the door with a knife, and the shelf racks. After doing so, i can fit 2 pepsi kegs and it´s a very tight fit. The 5lbs co2 tank and regulator fits nicely in the back on top of an elevation that leaves room for the compressor etc under the fridge.

I have been using cobra picnic taps until this weekend. I saw someone else here with the same fridge, he explained how he got through the top to install a tap tower. So I ordered one @ 110$. And got to work yesterday. I cut the plastic inside the fridge to reveal aluminium, after cuttin the alluminium, you can just dig in the foam with a knife to find an opening without tubing and drill there.

Instead of screwing the tower directly on top of the fridge, i cut a nice piece of wood, protected in with polyuréthane varnish. Glued the wood on top of the fridge with epoxy glue and screwed the tower on the wood.

It´s an achievement that I'm very proud of.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401118207.786197.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401118223.754428.jpg

I've got a Keezer that I've just been using cobra taps on. I've blown 2 cobra taps and lost beer so it is time to build the collar.

I already have all the taps and everything - what's the best online tutorial on building a collar? I'd like something nice and insulated.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Berk, I've never seen a bib system in a house. That's awesome! Do you actually go through your syrups before they expire?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back