apfelwein slightly carbed (unintentional)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTER

Reaction score
I bottled my first and only (so far) batch of apfelwein a couple months ago and noticed today that a couple bottles have a slight carbonation, while others are perfectly still. It sat in primary for about six months before bottling and has been sitting in a closet in the low to mid 60's since. I've brewed plenty of beer but I'm a noob when it comes to wine so I'm not sure if this is common and normal or what. Thanks in advance for any input.

normally for wines you have to degas them...its almost like your aerating but without splashing. you mix the wine quickly to force all the co2 out of solution to get a still wine and without it you have a slightly bubbly beverage

normally for wines you have to degas them...its almost like your aerating but without splashing. you mix the wine quickly to force all the co2 out of solution to get a still wine and without it you have a slightly bubbly beverage

Ah yes, I've heard of this degassing you speak of. I really don't mind it and the next batch I make will be carbed anyway so it's no big thing.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back