• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Denver Home Brew Equipment Yard Sale???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DENBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure this post fits within the forum rules but I do believe it is in the forum's spirit, so here goes...

Over the past 8 years of brewing I have accumulated a significant amount of equipment that I no longer use. In addition, there are plenty of things that I probably don't even know I want yet.

I'm proposing, to brewers in and around Denver, that we hold a home brew equipment yard sale this spring to sell and barter our unused stuff. I'm not sure exactly where or when but I thought I'd throw the idea out there and see if there is any interest before moving on to the detail stage.

If I have broken rules, I'm sorry and feel free to move this thread.

I'm going to send my friend in Denver a link to this. He has kicked around brewing and may want to get with you guys.

Love the idea!

Only thing to consider about a home-brewing yard sale is if you go through a lot of time organizing and advertising it, only to find someone who shows up in the first 20 minutes and buys everything.

I mention this because I'm in a brewing group of ~8-10 brewers, and there was a local craigslist post about a yard sale that had a picture with a decent amount of homebrewing equipment. My buddy took a long lunch break on a Thursday to visit it right after it opened, and gave me a call when he got there. He went through almost every item for sale and I could account for someone in our group who could use it, and he bought everything.

As soon as he hung up, I thought of all the times I'd picked something up from craigslist, and the person said "I was surprised, I got 20 emails after you seeing if this was still available." There was a high likelihood that this many people showed up at the yard sale to find no brewing equipment. At least the craigslist people didn't have to make the trip to find that nothing was available.

Back