I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I roll my own but in a pinch, I only buy PM lights like the ones you have glued to the table.

Yikes! Must have been some tough stuff. Id say have a home-brew but not sure how that would feel against the raw tooth. Hope its gets fixed soon.

It doesn't hurt a bit. Lots of fillings in that one. Probably not even a nerve anymore.

You'll need it for the dental bill...

I only got some bull**** legal form stating that since it is not an entire tooth, I am not entitled to any benefits. I never would have guessed the tooth fairy would have such a crack legal team;)

I only got some bull**** legal form stating that since it is not an entire tooth, I am not entitled to any benefits. I never would have guessed the tooth fairy would have such a crack legal team;)

You bribed her with a beer didn't you? She is a wine drinker. That would have worked far better.

Alohaa! That's what they say here. :)

Anyone heard from Dan? Must be on the beach, sand between the toes, staring at the wonderful sunsets. Hopefully a beer in the hand too.

Hey Doug! Not quite that perfect but the air is clean, the sky is clear blue, the hilltop we live on is very cool, and I have had some ocean breeze on my face and white sand between my toes..

My priorities might be a bit wrong but I dug through the closets and cupboards after arriving to look for my brewing equipment. Can't find my small gram scale, refractometer and stir plate. I know there are many things more important to worry about. Like a job -(I have been searching for one a few months now)

Very nice to see this great site rolling along with good friends sharing. Maybe an end to a harsh winter for Ischiavo and Reinstone. Spring is so awesome.

I'll check in later friends.

Mahalo (thank you) for your friendship and support over these last few years.

Dan

Hey Doug! Not quite that perfect but the air is clean, the sky is clear blue, the hilltop we live on is very cool, and I have had some ocean breeze on my face and white sand between my toes..

My priorities might be a bit wrong but I dug through the closets and cupboards after arriving to look for my brewing equipment. Can't find my small gram scale, refractometer and stir plate. I know there are many things more important to worry about. Like a job -(I have been searching for one a few months now)

Very nice to see this great site rolling along with good friends sharing. Maybe an end to a harsh winter for Ischiavo and Reinstone. Spring is so awesome.

Dan

Hang ten dude. Send me some pineapple salsa from Maui Taco.

Dan

Good to hear from you Dan. Hope all is getting right in ur world.

Good to hear from you Dan. Hope all is getting right in ur world.

it's pretty good. Not to get to personal, no details. Man, it's great to have a woman you love go to bed in the same one you sleep in.. :D

I am going to admit something I shouldn't. Wait no maybe I wont say all. My wife and I have been in a holding pattern last three years. Various reasons.

Life!

Dan

Nice to see you again Dan!

A little (okay, a lot) Tower 10 IPA and a Punch to keep me company while my brisket does its thing on the smoker...

1397976633808.jpg

I tried to post it in a window, ...no luck. How do I do that? anyone?

It is over-carbed, but after it settles down it's pretty good beer. Icing it down helped some too.

Hey Late Nighters.

I love this song and especially this line. Ain't it the truth?

A century's the most you'll see
Not a long time really to be here
Trying to get the balance right
The health, the drugs, the lovin' and the beer

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came out for a smoke so I like it if only for that reason.

Hypothetically speaking, how many deviled eggs could a man eat in one day without dying? They are just so damned good!

One more, Ischiavo. One more!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I just came out for a smoke so I like it if only for that reason.

Hypothetically speaking, how many deviled eggs could a man eat in one day without dying? They are just so damned good!

50?

Edit: Wait, he is able to eat 50 whole hard boiled eggs in the movie. So maybe it would be 100 deviled eggs as they are served in halves. So I change my answer to 100.

Good night HBT. How are we doing this time of the day?

Newb question here - with homebrews... I've only bottle one brew... mostly due to the time required and that I've had kegs since day 1.

If you plan on bring a sixer or two to a friends, how to do you keep the yeasties in the bottle and not in your stomach on short notice?

Good night HBT. How are we doing this time of the day?

Newb question here - with homebrews... I've only bottle one brew... mostly due to the time required and that I've had kegs since day 1.

If you plan on bring a sixer or two to a friends, how to do you keep the yeasties in the bottle and not in your stomach on short notice?

I keg too, but I did my share of bottling.

Answer:

• Bottle from your kegs. The easiest way is, when you're kegging, rack beer into 2L plastic soda bottles and cap with one of these. Then carbonate with your keging system. No yeast. I can have beer carbonated and ready to drink in 5 minutes by doing this and shaking the crap out of the 2L bottle. You need one(or more) of these! BTW, 2L is slightly more than a 6-pack. Woot.
  • Pour carefully, and pour once. Tilt it once, pour the beer, watch for the yeast to come down, stop pouring. If you get foam in the glass, and you have to stop pouring until the foam recedes, then you pour again: you're screwed.
  • Refrigerate the bottles for as long as possible. The yeast will pack down tight with extended refrigeration.
  • Use yeast that flocculates well. S-04 and other english yeasts form a nice hard cake.

Answer:

• Bottle from your kegs. The easiest way is, when you're kegging, rack beer into 2L plastic soda bottles and cap with one of these. Then carbonate with your keging system. No yeast. I can have beer carbonated and ready to drink in 5 minutes by doing this and shaking the crap out of the 2L bottle. You need one(or more) of these! BTW, 2L is slightly more than a 6-pack. Woot.
  • Pour carefully, and pour once. Tilt it once, pour the beer, watch for the yeast to come down, stop pouring. If you get foam in the glass, and you have to stop pouring until the foam recedes, then you pour again: you're screwed.

I'm thinking i'll need to get me one of those... Any loss of carbonation long term? How do you force the O2 out?

I can't remember if I already posted these. I did both of these last weekend. The flower painting is more of an experiment with neon paints.

Looks fantastic mate. Keep up the good work. If you were a little farther east, I might force you to ship one my way for a trade. Great job.

I'm thinking i'll need to get me one of those... Any loss of carbonation long term? How do you force the O2 out?

Fill with beer except for an inch or two of headspace, squeeze the sides till all the air is out, screw top on, connect CO2 and kapow. 2L are compressible, unlike bottles and cornies.

I wouldn't do this for long-term. Might be OK, but I do it for quick-carb and to deliver a sixer to events.

Fill with beer except for an inch or two of headspace, squeeze the sides till all the air is out, screw top on, connect CO2 and kapow. 2L are compressible, unlike bottles and cornies.

I wouldn't do this for long-term. Might be OK, but I do it for quick-carb and to deliver a sixer to events.

Smart man. I like this idea.... I'll make sure I have it before my next batch is ready! Thanks!

Bed time for this young one, works calling my name in 6hrs. Thanks again PP

Answer:

• Refrigerate the bottles for as long as possible. The yeast will pack down tight with extended refrigeration.
  • Use yeast that flocculates well. S-04 and other english yeasts form a nice hard cake.

Good answers. You can also carb in the keg and then fill bottles from there. I use a section of tubing from my old racking cane shoved in my Perlik 525ss's or you could use one of the growler fillers. Heck look at the "we dont need no steenkin beer gun" thread for a less half-butted way of doing it.

Otherwise. Cold, pour once, transport upright, flocculant yeast, pour once (12 oz bottles or pour two glasses at once).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398205489.531934.jpg

Aloha friends!

Ive been here a week as of tonight. Spending some relaxing time, a little coming back together stress with my wife. Mostly been good, i dont understand gals completely.

Not why i wrote. I included a pic of a standard 78 cent household electrical outlet.

How the heck do i remove the little tab that connects the outlet sides. I want one outlet isolated on the hot side from the other. The neutral side can share a lead but the hot side needs independent inputs.

This should be easy, probably is. But i have no clue. I could rip it apart a bit and achieve the result i am looking for, but figure this must be a fairly common modification and i dont get it

Thanks. Cheers Good people!

View attachment 194964

Aloha friends!

Ive been here a week as of tonight. Spending some relaxing time, a little coming back together stress with my wife. Mostly been good, i dont understand gals completely.

Not why i wrote. I included a pic of a standard 78 cent household electrical outlet.

How the heck do i remove the little tab that connects the outlet sides. I want one outlet isolated on the hot side from the other. The neutral side can share a lead but the hot side needs independent inputs.

This should be easy, probably is. But i have no clue. I could rip it apart a bit and achieve the result i am looking for, but figure this must be a fairly common modification and i dont get it

Thanks. Cheers Good people!

Use a needlenose pliers, bend back and forth a couple of times and it will snap off.

If you're doing a lot of wiring, there are needlenose that will make it all a lot easier. Strip, cut, push etc, the needlenose can do it all. I rewired my whole house with one good pair.

31pn2ePTqhL.jpg

Use a needlenose pliers, bend back and forth a couple of times and it will snap off.

If you're doing a lot of wiring, there are needlenose that will make it all a lot easier. Strip, cut, push etc, the needlenose can do it all. I rewired my whole house with one good pair.

31pn2ePTqhL.jpg

Pappy, are you talking about the little tab at the top of the junction between the two brass (or whatever they are) screws? I totally believe in good tools saving the day, as much as crappy tools make life tough. Haha.

So I should just grab a good pair of needle nose pliers and twist the tab in the center up and down till it breaks.?

God, I miss you guys!

Pappy, are you talking about the little tab at the top of the junction between the two brass (or whatever they are) screws? I totally believe in good tools saving the day, as much as crappy tools make life tough. Haha.

So I should just grab a good pair of needle nose pliers and twist the tab in the center up and down till it breaks.?

God, I miss you guys!

Grab it with any needlenose, bend back and forth, it will snap.

Howdy late nite crew. Just laid back tonight. The old D-O double G is good with work, almost caught up, clients paying, and totally good with hitting the HB at night. Damn life is good right now. I know that will last for about 10 minutes, but for now, woot.

For your late night soundtrack, Mr. Dick Cheese.

Grab it with any needlenose, bend back and forth, it will snap.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398214646.334190.jpg

Ok I know what you are saying but it isn't happening with theses soft needle nose pliers. They were straight when i started.

Got to put this down
in the books as junk in junk out. Fail!! ;).

Back