What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Channel66, the German-car lover. This one's for you, pal.

Just filled-up and saw this beauty in front of me - Audi RS7 (520 horsepower, v8 Twin-turbo). ****ing thing sounded like a muscle car.

Just want to make sure, you ARE talking about the car, yes? :cross:

nope, I saw that thread a while back. I also dont think id shop there anyway, I prefer Northern Brewer. It could be from bargainfittings but i also used my CC there within 4 days of using my debit card there and no fraud on the CC. I really dont know what it coulda been other then my city utility payment I made yesterday. I feel the utility is the most likely culprit as I used paypal through bargainfittings both times. Either way, I should get it all back by next week, just a pain

I doubt this helps, so for what it's worth, I believe Midwest is owned by NB. I remember reading somewhere that the old CEO for Midwest is now Prez of NB and he's the one that just sent out the press relsease for Midwest.

I doubt this helps, so for what it's worth, I believe Midwest is owned by NB. I remember reading somewhere that the old CEO for Midwest is now Prez of NB and he's the one that just sent out the press relsease for Midwest.

hmm that seems like a monopoly starting there haha either way I havent had problems with NB so no reason to go elsewhere, besides my LHBS when I can make it. Its not very local at 2 hours away:cross:

finsfan said:
water, as I try to get $500 back that was charged to my checking account from Spain!

That sucks man! Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out fast and easy for you.
I had $2200 dollars in charges from Belize on my debit card one time. Wasn't fun to deal with. I had just deposited my paycheck before they hit, so when they froze my account, the bank wouldn't give me that money back that I had just deposited. So we had pretty much no money. Then they said it would be atleast two weeks before they could get the money back in the account! The thing that irritated me the most was that it was the bank's fault to begin with. They allowed the charges to come through on my expired debit card that had a different number than the new one. When they sent the replacement they said destroy the old one, you will not be able to charge anything on it blah blah blah. Well, I guess that's not true. Some guy in Belize was living it up on my expired card number and I got declined on my new(supposed to be the only one working)card for a couple bucks for coffee and breakfast, that's what led to me finding out about the charges. Needless to say, quite a few employees from that bank got an earful and I no longer bank there.

That sucks man! Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out fast and easy for you.
I had $2200 dollars in charges from Belize on my debit card one time. Wasn't fun to deal with. I had just deposited my paycheck before they hit, so when they froze my account, the bank wouldn't give me that money back that I had just deposited. So we had pretty much no money. Then they said it would be atleast two weeks before they could get the money back in the account! The thing that irritated me the most was that it was the bank's fault to begin with. They allowed the charges to come through on my expired debit card that had a different number than the new one. When they sent the replacement they said destroy the old one, you will not be able to charge anything on it blah blah blah. Well, I guess that's not true. Some guy in Belize was living it up on my expired card number and I got declined on my new(supposed to be the only one working)card for a couple bucks for coffee and breakfast, that's what led to me finding out about the charges. Needless to say, quite a few employees from that bank got an earful and I no longer bank there.

dang thats a crazy situation. Mine has gone smooth so far (fingers crossed). The charges were only "pre-authorized" this morning and that is when the bank called me. They knew about it before i did. I guess i still have access to the money they charged out as they havent been posted yet. I just have to wait for a new card and the fraud report I have to file once the charges are posted. They said the money should be back within a few days of filing the report

Not to turn this into a credit card fraud thread, but here's one that happened to a buddy of mine.

We were deployed to Iraq and stationed at Camp Taji. When we got there, internet was provided by a local. If you weren't computer savvy, you would take your computer to him and he'd configure your VPN access. Turned out he was installing backdoor access of some sort and stealing CC info.

He had an $1800 charge at a Swiss company for shaped copper disks purchased by someone in Pakistan. That's right, his info was stolen to purchase EFP components.

For those that don't know, an EFP is an explosively formed projectile. Nasty roadside bomb that slices through any vehicle armor we have, incinerating everything inside.

Luckily, the order was canceled, money returned, the local national was arrested, then his shop and his network components were picked clean by the soldiers at Taji.

I had my own satellite service, so I just plugged the rest of my platoon in to his equipment, bumped my package up and we split the bill.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm at work, so I just cracked open an ice cold Diet Mountain Dew...

Channel66, the German-car lover. This one's for you, pal.

Just filled-up and saw this beauty in front of me - Audi RS7 (520 horsepower, v8 Twin-turbo). ****ing thing sounded like a muscle car.

I'm not a huge audi fan but I'd give up your first born to drive that for a day.

Car is all set. I'm thirsty now.

image-815829296.jpg

Channel66 said:
I'm not a huge audi fan but I'd give up your first born to drive that for a day.

I love Audis.

My friend has an RS4 (totally stock). I've driven it and it pulls like a mofo. Sounds like a mustang, too. Rumbles like hell. I love that car.

When you come down to CT, I'll let you test drive everything haha. From M5s to RS4, to turbo VR6's, to my buddy's 660whp 996 turbo. :D

This Mango Magnifico...easily Founder's worst beer. Let me say I'm sure they did a great job at making is type of beer, but it just doesn't agree with me. Almost wanna pour the remaining 16 ounces down the drain.

Got a call from the school saying my kiddo is still sick. Come get her. So I begrudgingly complied. Upside is that I get to work from home the rest of the day, which means I get to have a Johnny Rails while I work! Down side is that she really isn't that sick and is distracting the hell out of me. Ya win some, and then you lose some.

This Mango Magnifico...easily Founder's worst beer. Let me say I'm sure they did a great job at making is type of beer, but it just doesn't agree with me. Almost wanna pour the remaining 16 ounces down the drain.

So, is it the mango, or the pepper? I've never had it, probably will never have it, and won't make an effort to find any. I don't like mango and I'm not down with beer with peppers in em. So, rock on if you like it! I'm gonna sit over here on the sidelines for this one.

So, is it the mango, or the pepper? I've never had it, probably will never have it, and won't make an effort to find any. I don't like mango and I'm not down with beer with peppers in em. So, rock on if you like it! I'm gonna sit over here on the sidelines for this one.

If you told me this beer had mango in it, I wouldn't believe you. It's just a little too sweet for my tastes. I wouldn't buy this.

Let it warm up a bit. The pepper dominates when it is cold, once it warms then the mango comes through more.

Definitely did. The cup actually sat out in the sun for a few minutes when I was on the front deck with the dog. Still very sweet. Has an odd flavor that my palate doesn't agree with.

I would wish this BUZZ on anyone! 10% abv bomber in 15 minutes. Feels like I am flying right now.

Remmy said:
If you told me this beer had mango in it, I wouldn't believe you. It's just a little too sweet for my tastes. I wouldn't buy this.

Definitely did. The cup actually sat out in the sun for a few minutes when I was on the front deck with the dog. Still very sweet. Has an odd flavor that my palate doesn't agree with.

Remmy said:
I would wish this BUZZ on anyone! 10% abv bomber in 15 minutes. Feels like I am flying right now.

You hated it so much you chugged it? Ummm...

3/4 Dubbel. Holding up well for 9 months in the bottle. I need to try and brew some more traditional Trappist style brews. That will have to wait until my obsession with cloning Oebier dies down.

image-3600608049.jpg

Finally fully carbed my English Dry Cider. So delicious and refreshing. Cant wait to use this yeast on fresh pressed juice this fall. I was thinking about a batch with brett. Any thoughts anyone?

ForumRunner_20130904_181255.jpg

WesleyS said:
Some guy in Belize was living it up on my expired card number and I got declined on my new(supposed to be the only one working)card for a couple bucks for coffee and breakfast, that's what led to me finding out about the charges. Needless to say, quite a few employees from that bank got an earful and I no longer bank there.
I've had a similar thing happen. It's the best feeling when the (of course attractive female) says in a hushed voice "sir, it's coming back as insufficient funds" as you try to buy something that costs less than $10.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Finally fully carbed my English Dry Cider. So delicious and refreshing. Cant wait to use this yeast on fresh pressed juice this fall. I was thinking about a batch with brett. Any thoughts anyone?

Levifunk did some experimenting with Brett primary ciders. There's a thread in both the cider forum and wild forum. I'm going to try and make some perry. There are pear trees all over old farms around here. I did drive past a house with an estate auction sign and some nice looking apple trees out back earlier. Might investigate. Have you tried any French ciders? I haven't since they're not cheap, but some look pretty interesting.

Levifunk did some experimenting with Brett primary ciders. There's a thread in both the cider forum and wild forum. I'm going to try and make some perry. There are pear trees all over old farms around here. I did drive past a house with an estate auction sign and some nice looking apple trees out back earlier. Might investigate. Have you tried any French ciders? I haven't since they're not cheap, but some look pretty interesting.

I have not. Should look into it. And thanks for the leads. I love brewing beer but with my newfound carboy space find myself edging more to the unique. Kinda that mad scientist syndrome

evilgenius-1.jpg

Back