What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
My Chocolate Vanilla Bourbon Oaked Imperial Stout that I have dubbed Black Hole. This was supposed to sit for a while longer before I touched it, but I've decided to enter it in a couple local comps this fall to see if it's worth entering in NHC next year. Just making sure it's still good. The oak is faint if present at all, the bourbon and vanilla are subtle but there. The chocolate is quite prominent, it's got a medium-full body, strong bitterness but no real hop character and there's just a touch of alcohol warmth. The only thing I am worried about is it coming off as too thin even with a medium-full body. We shall see.

That looks and sounds awesome, Nuke!
I wouldn't complain if one if those ends up down here with you next month. ;)

DisturbdChemist said:
Yepper. Im glad. Ill happily pay 10 bucks for a 4 pack than 8 for 16oz. Hope itll be year round. But it was different from the pro am though.

Me too.

Imperial Stout and night time brewing. First time using whole leaf hops. Sure seems less prone to boil over than the pellets. Haven't even had it creeping up the kettle.

image-406706999.jpg

Please do. Please.

Will do. Even if you don't think it's even remotely reminiscent of Gandhi, I think you'll still like it. We could met up at NEBCO later in the month and rock out some Gandhi.

Drinking Rye, Aye Captain now. I'd like to brew this again and mash a little lower to get it a little dryer, let the hops really shine while retaining the rye spiciness.

20130904_204500.jpg

Pumking now. Don't care for the cloying mouthfeel. Will finish, but disappointing after the last two.

ForumRunner_20130904_212031.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Last time I entered some, they said they didnt taste a certian additive which I did. Last batch of jalapeno/cucumber, one judge said too much jalapeno and the other said too much cucumber :drunk:. I now realize that its all opinionated and its luck of the draw. This is a mead only competition so it might be better but I do not follow BJCP guidlines. I make what I like. Its only 5 bucks a entry so ot isn't a wallet buster

I was listening to 'wait wait don't tell me' on my run today. They had a famous concert pianist on, who had won many competitions when he was younger. He said they shouldn't be called competitions, but rather lotteries. I think that's pretty accurate.

I was listening to 'wait wait don't tell me' on my run today. They had a famous concert pianist on, who had won many competitions when he was younger. He said they shouldn't be called competitions, but rather lotteries. I think that's pretty accurate.

Beer, pork, and an NPR nerd too? We got a lot in common.

Heh heh, you said pianist. I havent heard that show in awhile, just now catching up on Wiretap, The Moth and Snap Judgement

Will do. Even if you don't think it's even remotely reminiscent of Gandhi, I think you'll still like it. We could met up at NEBCO later in the month and rock out some Gandhi.

I wanna go too let me know when guys! NEB town meet up yall :ban::ban::ban:

No pic cuz I don't feel like it, but I'm having my Back to Basics IPA I brewed back in March for NHC. For being 6 months and sitting at my basement ambient all summer it's holding up exceptionally well.

chef273b said:
Beer, pork, and an NPR nerd too? We got a lot in common.

You working Saturday? I'm planning to stop by the Monk for some overpriced Stille Nacht in their stinky basement on my way back from Hickory sometime in the early afternoon.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Heh heh, you said pianist. I havent heard that show in awhile, juzt niw catching up on Wiretap, The Moth and Snap Judgement

They asked him if he thought that word was as funny as everyone else. He said he usually says he's a piano player. ;)

Finishing up a Curmudgeon before bed. If 'yeast' doesn't put me to sleep before then. I have always hated biology. I just don't care, even when it's yeast biology.

haha jk guys I'm going to owe Remmy a few more glasses for that one. I actually don't mind UConn but fooorking U MASS that's a different story! You going down U Mass!

nukebrewer said:
I'm not a native, but I thought it was pronounced "frankfahtah."

Not where I grew up it's not. I don't have the accent, but I say certain things like the native NYC'er I am. ****. :(

LoloMT7 said:
haha jk guys I'm going to owe Remmy a few more glasses for that one. I actually don't mind UConn but fooorking U MASS that's a different story! You going down U Mass!

It's ok. When Montana wins a real D-1 national title, let's talk. :D :D Go Griz.

Just smashed a water and gonna go to bed soon. Been drinking a ton of it today.

It's ok. When Montana wins a real D-1 national title, let's talk. :D :D Go Griz.

Just smashed a water and gonna go to bed soon. Been drinking a ton of it today.

D-1 national title doesn't exist... they do silly bowling games. When 1-A asked the Griz to move up they declined and said come back and talk to us when you have a playoff system :fro::fro:

LoloMT7 said:
D-1 national title doesn't exist... they do silly bowling games. When 1-A asked the Griz to move up they declined and said come back and talk to us when you have a playoff system :fro::fro:

Playoffs need to happen (1 yr away). I am a UConn football fan. But I am not as crazy for it as I am for basketball, for obvious reasons.

Cardiac Kemba!

Well now I need to bottle some beer y'all. This is my Imperial saison AS11. All I can tell you is that on Sunday (brew day) jared and jeff fought over who got to drink the gravity sample :-D. It's clear enough and I can't take it so im going to bottle now. Drinking another Conan Simcoe Vienna while I do.

ForumRunner_20130904_202349.jpg

Latest posts

Back