Did I just score?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmf143

Reaction score
I just ordered a 10 gallon Gatorade cooler for $26.58 including shipping from Hydration Depot (http://www.hydrationdepot.com). I googled for complaints about this outfit and couldn't find any. No reference to them on HBT either.

I haven't seen this cooler anywhere for under $45 plus shipping.

Seems like a good deal as long as it shows up :D
Wow, $15 bucks plus shipping!! I wonder what the insulation is like. Please post your review when it shows up.

Yeah, really good price if it holds up. From what I've read these are made by Rubbermaid so I'm assuming they are of the same quality.

It says "Rubbermaid design" in the description. I take that as being a Rubbermaid cooler, but it could just be modeled after it. If it's Rubbermaid, it should say so on the bottom when you get it.

Thanks! I was looking to order 1 to replace mine that cracked. Just picked up 2 for $47 which is less than I almost paid for 1. Hope it is same as standard Rubbermaid. Will post when they arrive.

I may be off here, but I remember Gatorade changing their logo recently...perhaps theese are "old style' coolers without the "G" logo. Same cooler I believe and should work well...good score for you.

I just looked at the site.. only 10gal gatorade cooler i found was $56 .. wonder if they jacked up the price, or maybe i just can't find it :p

Do you mean the 7 gallon for only 15? the 10 gallon shows 56.33 for me......

I just looked at the site.. only 10gal gatorade cooler i found was $56 .. wonder if they jacked up the price, or maybe i just can't find it :p

My invoice shows - SKU 4960207 Gatorade 10 Gallon Cooler - Original Bright Orange-Design Cooler - $15.00. I just went back to the site - they're now showing $56.33 before shipping. That sucks. :(

After my order was processed I got an email confirmatin from Karen Walker ([email protected]) thanking my for my order and offering to work with me on prices, shipping and non-web specials. Her direct line is 800-987-0884 - ext 1750. Maybe a call to her can get you the same price I paid.

i just went on there and the 10 gallon shows $15 from what i found. thinking about pulling the trigger on it, but i can't decide if i am ready to start spending money on all grain yet.

I checked earlier today and the site was showing the $56 price. I created an account so that I could calculate shipping. I just checked again and it was $15. I bought 2 10 gallons shipped for $45.38. Thanks for posting jmf143.

Thanks for posting this. I just built a 5G tun, but have been looking for a 10G at a decent price. Lowes wanted $47 + tax. This came up to $26.58 with shipping, so I ordered it. Great find!

WooHoo, I see a new mamouth thread in the works::eek:: How many gallons of Gatorade cooler have been bought by this forum??

+10

Dudes, this is gonna be big!! Man, I love Gatorade coolers!

AWESOME!!!! just ordered...Thanks for the tip. can't wait...I've been really wanting to brew a westy 12 clone, and my 5 gallon cooler/MLT just isn't up to it (unless I only want to brew 3 gallons). Time to do some shopping for other fixins!

So have of these delivered yet. Wondering what the build quality is like. I can't see why it would be any different but who knows.

Same here waiting on delivery to find out about quality. also can someone post up about how long the temps stay syable...

I googled this item, and found several examples of similar items with much higher retails.

I can't estimate the markup on items like this, but it would seem that they are pretty high.

I think I'll order one tonight as well. I want it as a HLT, so unless the insulation is terrible, adding some reflectix wrap would help redress that potential issue.

It weighs in at just under 11 lbs, just like the normal Rubbermaid and Igloo ones do.

Funny, the 10 and 7.5 gallons are showing as $15, and the 5 gallon one is showing as $47.42, so it might be a mistake, or it might be overstock or something.

Either way, I ordered 2! I'll let you know if I don't get them.

I figured that whether it's old stock, overstock, or a mistake, they'll probably go fast enough to not be that price for long, and I've learned my lesson plenty of times before about hesitating until it's too late.

They're back to $65 this morning, so I'm glad I didn't wait, but hopefully they drop again so some other people can get in on the action.

It was tempting but I already have enough kegs to make similar setups and I think they will work better for what I want to do. However, at $15 a piece it is hard to pass up.

That is weird that the price keeps changing. I just hope it's doesn't turn out to be some website error that they won't honor. If it does work out, and if price is any indicator of quality, then I would think they are a good quality cooler since they normally sell for $65/ea.

Just got an email from the company, they said that due to high demand of that cooler it's on backorder for 6 weeks. They said I could subtitute 5 or 7 gallon ones instead if I didn't want to wait. Would it be a good idea to have a 7 and a 10 instead of 2 10s? A 7 might work better for 5 gallon batches. What do you guys think?

I got a VM saying the same thing...they said ~6 weeks to get the 10 Gallon. I think I'm going to wait it out. I'll have to put my HUGE gravity beers on the back burner for now...

Just got an email from the company, they said that due to high demand of that cooler it's on backorder for 6 weeks. They said I could subtitute 5 or 7 gallon ones instead if I didn't want to wait. Would it be a good idea to have a 7 and a 10 instead of 2 10s? A 7 might work better for 5 gallon batches. What do you guys think?

Definitely wait and make sure you are waiting on a 10G at the price of $15
I really wanted to get on of these. I saw it it the day you posted, but already have two 10G round coolers and 2 cubes and just can't think of another use for one. But the price was just so good!
But nobody has received on yet after 6 days?

You think in the long run I'd be happier with two 10s than I would with one 7 and one 10? I don't mind waiting, I won't have the stuff I need to switch to all-grain within 6 weeks anyway.

Back