Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this thread its awesome! Go Pats!!! Been a pats fan my whole life and im finally going to see them smack that colts and paytons big ass forehead!!!!!

Don't give up the faith! The pack can still pull this out! All they need is to keep doing what they're doing and continue to compensate well for injuries! It's worked great the last two years, right? Oh wait... God damn it... ****in' TT. I wish he'd go out and get us a running back and a couple of O linemen...

C'Mon Aberdeen! We have faith!

(Aye, faith that'll dodge religation by the skin of your teeth yet again)

There's no such thing as "no chance" when BB is involved. We would have had this same conversation about Randy Moss three years ago. Granted, it's HIGHLY unlikely, but to say NO chance...

Most likely, I think they run with who they have. Run a lot more power sets; Pats were one of the first in the current NFL to really spread the field, work out of the shotgun more than half the time, and now they're moving back the other way. They love the TEs and seem to really like Tate. Lots more running with BJGE, lots more short passing - more sustained, clock-chewing drives, which may also help out the D. Maybe a small deal for Branch *if* he restructures his contract... but BB doesn't seem to like going back to the well, so I'm not sure the probability of that is very high either.

According to Comcast Sportsnet New England, the Patriots are also talking with the San Diego Chargers about wide receiver Vincent Jackson.

Per the report, talks are in the preliminary stage and involve swapping Jackson for guard Logan Mankins(notes).

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Chargers want a second-round and a third-round pick for an NFC team and a first-round pick and second-round pick for an AFC squad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y..._patriots_exploring_trade_for_vincent_jackson

If they're looking for a #1 and a #2 for VJ... no chance in hell. Nobody's going to bite on that.... well, maybe the Raiders, but they don't HAVE a 2011 #1 anymore ;)

Still, seems like they're *thinking* about it, which means the probability > 0%

If it goes down you'll be more than welcome to talk all the trash you want.

No chance.

Now can we please focus on the important issue: all other teams sucking in comparison to the Patriots?

We should do it team-by-team. I'll start in the division.

I have to confess, I feel really bad for Bills fans. Have a feeling that game against the Pats was going to be the highlight of their season - wouldn't be surprised to see an 0-fer. At least a team like Detroit has a young QB and a young RB to build around; in Buffalo, there's NOTHING. No QB, none. OL and DL both suck. Fred Jackson's OK, but not someone to build around. CJ Spiller's a guy that would be outstanding as a complementary piece on a good time, but is the last thing that they really need. They still have Lee Evans, I think, but since every team in the league can shut down ONE wide receiver, he's worthless - there isn't a single other receiver on that squad who can hurt you in any way.

I have to confess, I feel really bad for Bills fans. Have a feeling that game against the Pats was going to be the highlight of their season

I am glad you are sympathetic to the Bills fans cause you can appreciate how I feel about Pats fans after the Steelers play them.

**** the Steelers. "Led" by a quarterback who rapes co-eds. You root for that guy? WTF is wrong with you? Even his offensive line hates him so bad, that' the only possible explanation for all the sacks they allow - they meant them!

Pitt is right up there with the Yankees and Cowboys in terms of "teams with huge numbers of fans who started rooting for them because they won a lot of games when they were kids." You know, ****ty fans.

**** the Steelers. "Led" by a quarterback who rapes co-eds. You root for that guy? WTF is wrong with you? Even his offensive line hates him so bad, that' the only possible explanation for all the sacks they allow - they meant them!

Pitt is right up there with the Yankees and Cowboys in terms of "teams with huge numbers of fans who started rooting for them because they won a lot of games when they were kids." You know, ****ty fans.

Add the Packers to that group as well. Some of the worst fans in the league right there. I can't stand how many Packer fans don't root for the Brewers or Bucks but follow a different basketball and/or baseball team from a rival city (i.e. Bulls fans). I'd be willing to bet that there are more Packer fans who follow the Bulls than there are who follow the Bucks. Especially the 20's crowd who grew up in the 90's. One 'fan' I know is a Packers fan in football, Red Wings in hockey, Bulls in basketball, and Yankees in baseball. That's just one of countless examples. It's like they latched on to the Packers because of winning, but the rest of the sports in their hometown/state weren't any good so they hopped on other bandwagons.

I have to confess, I feel really bad for Bills fans. Have a feeling that game against the Pats was going to be the highlight of their season - wouldn't be surprised to see an 0-fer. At least a team like Detroit has a young QB and a young RB to build around; in Buffalo, there's NOTHING. No QB, none. OL and DL both suck. Fred Jackson's OK, but not someone to build around. CJ Spiller's a guy that would be outstanding as a complementary piece on a good time, but is the last thing that they really need. They still have Lee Evans, I think, but since every team in the league can shut down ONE wide receiver, he's worthless - there isn't a single other receiver on that squad who can hurt you in any way.

Sad thing is you are so totally right about Detroit we haven't won a game yet but I've been excited about the promise of better things to come. Is it wrong to just be happy with a close game? Maybe I've been following Detroit too long. At least the wings and pistons deliver for us sometimes lol.

You're talking to someone who kept a 13-10 week 16 LOSS, to the New York Giants, saved on videotape for years. This game. Think I still have the tape up in the attic.

Went 1-15 that season, and other than the Week 2 victory over the Colts (we *always* seemed to beat those guys), that was pretty much the highlight of the season.

The Rams reached into their bag of tricks on the opening kickoff. They tried on onside kick and the Lions recovered. The Lions could really put the Rams on their heels and make Bradford throw early in this game.

Add the Packers to that group as well. Some of the worst fans in the league right there. I can't stand how many Packer fans don't root for the Brewers or Bucks but follow a different basketball and/or baseball team from a rival city (i.e. Bulls fans). I'd be willing to bet that there are more Packer fans who follow the Bulls than there are who follow the Bucks. Especially the 20's crowd who grew up in the 90's. One 'fan' I know is a Packers fan in football, Red Wings in hockey, Bulls in basketball, and Yankees in baseball. That's just one of countless examples. It's like they latched on to the Packers because of winning, but the rest of the sports in their hometown/state weren't any good so they hopped on other bandwagons.

this is just being a whiney lions fan. brewers stadium is packed (even before their playoff year), and the bucks bring em in. all of my friends (your 20's crowd) are packers/brewers/bucks fans.

one fan = countless examples. congratulations. facts out of baseless speculation. go internet.

this is just being a whiney lions fan. brewers stadium is packed (even before their playoff year), and the bucks bring em in. all of my friends (your 20's crowd) are packers/brewers/bucks fans.

one fan = countless examples. congratulations. facts out of baseless speculation. go internet.

I guess I should expect that kind of connection from a Packers fan. I'm not going to go through a list of every Packer fan I know to let you know an exact number of how many cheer for other teams.

The Brewers stadium was packed even before making the playoffs? That's bull****. In 02 during their 100 loss season they averaged 57.2%, 03 was 50.1%, 04 was 60.1, 05 was 64.4, 06 64.1....and then in 07 when they are in the thick of the playoff race they jumped up 20% to 83. So your comment about how it was packed even before the playoffs is bull****. The numbers show otherwise. They were in the bottom half of the league in attendance for the five years leading up to their playoff run.

The Bucks bring 'em in? What in the world are you talking about? Their attendance was 24th last year and they were a playoff team. 2009 they were 24th, 2008 - 22nd, 2007 - 23rd, 2006 - 20th, 2005 - 25th, 2004 - 14th, 2003 - 17th, 2002 - 12th, 2001 - 13th. It looks like they haven't "brought 'em in" since 2004 where they barely cracked the top half of the league in attendance.

And I'm the one making baseless speculations.

You honestly find it odd that Packers fans in Michigan also cheer for teams not from Wisconsin? ... You do realize you are in a different state than Wisconsin right?

Here, within the borders of Wisconsin, unless you are very near a border (Il/WI for example) sports allegiances are extremely clear cut. Everyone loves the Crew, the Pack, and the Stags.

While the Brewers weren't topping the charts those years, for a team with a terrible record and a tiny market (comparative to many MLB towns) to fill over half of a huge stadium every game is pretty impressive. It had been 29 years since the Crew made the playoffs, and we still loved to go to games. Wisconsinites love sports man. Made Michiganers who happen to be Packers fans also like other teams in other sports, but here, that is not normal.

You honestly find it odd that Packers fans in Michigan also cheer for teams not from Wisconsin? ... You do realize you are in a different state than Wisconsin right?

Here, within the borders of Wisconsin, unless you are very near a border (Il/WI for example) sports allegiances are extremely clear cut. Everyone loves the Crew, the Pack, and the Stags.

While the Brewers weren't topping the charts those years, for a team with a terrible record and a tiny market (comparative to many MLB towns) to fill over half of a huge stadium every game is pretty impressive. It had been 29 years since the Crew made the playoffs, and we still loved to go to games. Wisconsinites love sports man. Made Michiganers who happen to be Packers fans also like other teams in other sports, but here, that is not normal.

I grew up being able to see Wisconsin from my house. I fall into the border area where it was all Packer fans. There is no clear cut allegiances in my experience. More Packer fans I know cheer for the Bulls than the Bucks, more cheer for the Cubs than the Brewers. Lots of those fans are from the Green Bay area even. Maybe in Milwaukee it's different. In my experience it's not. Of all of the Packer fans I know, I can think of two families who align with all Wisconsin teams. The rest it's all a mixed bag, who coincidentally, seem to line up with championship caliber teams from other states.

Oh man... who the frig cares??? Freakin bunch a' cow-milkin' cheeseheads anyway... let 'em be fans of whoever they wanna be. Half of 'em can't even work a computer don'cha ya know...

You guys are all CONSTANTLY straying away from the real team... the Patriots. Let's focus people!!

Of course this week the WORLD DOMINATING NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS had a bye week. Tom got his mani/pedi so he's all set. Other than that, the countdown to the match against those posers from Baltimore can begin.

pretty big numbers for a small commuter city with sh*tty teams

and wow, people in the UP aren't MILWAUKEE brewers/bucks fans. they should be hung for treason.

I guess I should expect that kind of connection from a Packers fan. I'm not going to go through a list of every Packer fan I know to let you know an exact number of how many cheer for other teams.

The Brewers stadium was packed even before making the playoffs? That's bull****. In 02 during their 100 loss season they averaged 57.2%, 03 was 50.1%, 04 was 60.1, 05 was 64.4, 06 64.1....and then in 07 when they are in the thick of the playoff race they jumped up 20% to 83. So your comment about how it was packed even before the playoffs is bull****. The numbers show otherwise. They were in the bottom half of the league in attendance for the five years leading up to their playoff run.

The Bucks bring 'em in? What in the world are you talking about? Their attendance was 24th last year and they were a playoff team. 2009 they were 24th, 2008 - 22nd, 2007 - 23rd, 2006 - 20th, 2005 - 25th, 2004 - 14th, 2003 - 17th, 2002 - 12th, 2001 - 13th. It looks like they haven't "brought 'em in" since 2004 where they barely cracked the top half of the league in attendance.

And I'm the one making baseless speculations.

Of course this week the WORLD DOMINATING NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS had a bye week. Tom got his mani/pedi so he's all set. Other than that, the countdown to the match against those posers from Baltimore can begin.

These next six weeks are going to be epic.

Ravens
Chargers
Vikings
(Browns)
Pittsburgh
Colts

In six weeks, everyone else will sure as **** know how legit the Pats are.

yeah... they have two games in there that should at least make them break a sweat... the Ravens and Colts.

Chargers?? Pfft.. Oh, HEY... THANKS Chargers!!! just keep making that 1st round pick we have from Oakland worth less and less. Thanks buddies!

Vikings? Not worried about the dirty old man. God knows he'll serve up half a dozen picks.

Steelers? blow.

Browns? that's funny.

How did it escape my attention that Rob Gronkowski has two brothers who both play in the NFL? One's a TE in Denver, the other's a fullback in Dallas. How did I not know these guys were related?

Buffalo chaps, too. All went to the same high school. Have to check with the Buffalo folks, but thinking that Williamsville North has probably been a pretty damn good high school team for a while.

Father was an offensive lineman for Syracuse, and their younger brother's a big wide receiver. It's the Matthews clan, redux!

Back