Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03332/g7-kruen-obama-bee_3332809b.jpg

"Angela Merkel welcomed Barack Obama to the G7 summit with a traditional Bavarian breakfast on Sunday – complete with a half-litre of beer."

"But before he could get down to business, Mrs Merkel treated him to a full Bavarian breakfast of white sausages, pretzels and foaming lager."

Why is this funny? Imagine, calling a weissbier a lager!

I'd love a Bavarian Breakfast. Lager, ale, sour; breakfast beer (or lunch beer) would be a value add for many.
:goat:

I'm too lazy but this needs the Jackie chan meme

jackie-chan-whut.jpg

With fear of being that 'well actually' guy, aren't hops bad for dogs? I don't own a dog, but I thought I heard/read that somewhere.

No one was talking about feeding hops to dogs. Apparently someone thought the spent grain biscuits had hops in them.

I'm going to post about how this thread isn't funny, but should be.. further increasing it's funny value by a power of 0.
Just kidding, I don't math.

Post #10069

I realize where in the thread it occurred. Wobrien said he read that hops were bad for dogs. I acknowledged that fact and said that someone, the lady mentioned in post # 10069, thought that the spent grain dog biscuits were made with hops.

I realize where in the thread it occurred. Wobrien said he read that hops were bad for dogs. I acknowledged that fact and said that someone, the lady mentioned in post # 10069, thought that the spent grain dog biscuits were made with hops.

I think the hangup is whether the guy thought it was funny that she thought hops were in the biscuit, or whether he thought it was funny that she thought hops were bad for dogs.

I think that we can all agree that either way it's no longer funny since we've dissected that post (or vivisected?)

I do apologize for any offence that anyone may have experienced from the racial overtones of this article. I do in fact have many friends from the Great White North and meant no disrespect to anyone. :goat:

All opinions are owned by their respective owners and cannot be attributed to those that do not own said opinion.:D

Canadian is a race? What did they do mate with Bigfoot?

A co-worker said this to me the other night at work..........

"F**k homebrewing beer, I want to learn how to make moonshine!"

"You do realize moonshining is illegal, right?"- My reply.

*Awkward pause*

"Well...only if they catch you....."

:smack:

Yeti are native to the Himalayas. What you're talking about is a Polar Sasquatch. Sure you're Canuckian, dude? :drunk:

The "polar squatch" all came over the land bridge from Asia and are more closely related to the yeti than your garden variety squatch. Polar squatch is a common misnomer. In fact anything north of the 49th parallel is yeti thanks to the yeti/ squatch conflict accords of 1433.

Trust me, I'm Canadian and 1/29th yeti on my mother's cousin's neighbour's side.

The "polar squatch" all came over the land bridge from Asia and are more closely related to the yeti than your garden variety squatch. Polar squatch is a common misnomer. In fact anything north of the 49th parallel is yeti thanks to the yeti/ squatch conflict accords of 1433.

Trust me, I'm Canadian and 1/29th yeti on my mother's cousin's neighbour's side.

Polar sqatches sometimes in the far north are called bumbles, and bumbles bounce. Bumbles occasionally need a dentist as well.

I’m bringing sexy back
Them other boys don’t know how to act
I think you're special, what's behind your back?
So turn around and I'll pick up the slack.

Back