The new belgium trippel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed the partial mash which also called for that and just went without the Victory. I wonder if those recipes weren't scaled down from somewhere else. They call for stuff like 0.39 oz. of Target hops. Of course, even scaling down wouldn't get at whether such a small percentage would be noticeable.

I have been to Belgium and I never saw a trippel, but I can tell you that some breweries in Belgium make a Belgian beer style that is known as a Tripel.

Anybody have the all grain recipe and why would somebody only use 2.0 oz of victory malts

Maybe because they can taste it?:p
I use small amounts in many recipes for that very reason, and it adds layers to the flavor.

They call for stuff like 0.39 oz. of Target hops. Of course, even scaling down wouldn't get at whether such a small percentage would be noticeable.

0.39 oz = 11.06grams, your saying you wouldn't notice 11grams of hops?

0.39 oz = 11.06grams, your saying you wouldn't notice 11grams of hops?

You miss my point. I'm not saying you wouldn't notice it, I'm saying the original recipe would not call for .39 oz. or 11.06 grams. It would call for more even amounts. The fractions are evidence that's it's been scaled down or something.

or they scale in metric units....just saying:fro:

All my recipes are that way for the finer detail and every HB I know in the EU use only metric units.

Back