brewers edge valve vs bargain fittings valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnuttoo

Reaction score
While I think the brewer's edge design is pretty ingenious, the one thing I don't like is that the body is brass, not stainless. I know it's not going to kill anyone but some folks just make a commitment to all stainless and this wouldn't fit that.

While I think the brewer's edge design is pretty ingenious, the one thing I don't like is that the body is brass, not stainless. I know it's not going to kill anyone but some folks just make a commitment to all stainless and this wouldn't fit that.

Couldn't agree more. I started with brass and converted to all stainless. I wish I had just bought all stainless up front.

thanx for the reply bobby m, love ur videos and all grain primer............

i like the brewers edge valve and kettle screen for my keggle (will use as brewpot not mash tun 4 now), but dont know the difference between that and 2 piece valve. also screen vs pick up tube...

thanx

The kettle screen works best with whole hops.

If you use mostly pellets and use an immersion chiller you will most likely stop up the screen with break material

I use flat bottom vessels and use a side pickup in my setup.

I use the same Bargain Fittings New Keg weldless kit.
Great kit and assembly. No leaks what so ever.

I agree with this: NEW - KEG Weldless Bulkhead Kit

I just bought one with a dip tube and it's great and was easy to install!

thanx for the replies, just trying to get input on my new keggle/boil pot...

i do mainly pellet hops and worry about clogging. might go with 2 way valve with side sparge arm....

Latest posts

Back