Best Craft Beer Stores/Pubs in the San Diego area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertvrabel

Reaction score
I'm going to most likely be visting San Diego in Mid May. Specifically staying at the [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=san+diego+hyatt+regency&aq=&sll=32.713211,-117.189102&sspn=0.104859,0.17767&ie=UTF8&hq=hyatt+regency&hnear=San+Diego,+California&ll=32.769234,-117.242103&spn=0.026198,0.044417&z=15&iwloc=B"]Hyatt Regency Mission Bay[/ame] I'd like to stop by a good craft beer store to pickup some bottles of beers that I can't get back at home (Michigan). Hopefully to fly back with me, but i'll probably try some there as well.

Also what are some good breweries or pubs in that area that I should visit?

http://www.bestdamnbeershop.com/

the Tap room , High dive, O'briens, Ballast point Linda vista, all close to there.as well Ocean beach Pizza port too. Pacific Beach ale house (I'm not a big fan of their beers).

Some must go places: Hamilton's, Blind Lady Ale house, Torinados, Ritual tavern, Small bar, Ale Smith, Stone, Iron Fist brewery...

There is a ton more, I'm sure the rest of the SD contingency will add to this list.

San Diego has a ton. Torinado and lost abbey/pizza port come to mind. I've never been but a friend of mine had such a good time we are trying to make it the destination of my bachelor party (if I get lucky)

If you're looking for a great bottle shop, check out Olive Tree in Ocean Beach. It's about 10 minutes from your hotel, located on Sunset Cliffs, and has a killer selection. You won't be disappointed. Most of the others mentioned are bars, some being pretty cool.

We are planning on doing the same thing in May.

We'd like to hang out in an area with a couple options within walking distance and we haven't picked a hotel yet. Are any of the bars or brewpubs located walking distance from each other? Or any neighborhoods we should check out.

We're all mellow and like a good vibe. Nothing dressy.

We were going to take a brewery tour by bus but it turned in to only 7 people so we're doing our own brewery tour.

Lost Abbey>Stone For Lunch>Alesmith. If there's time we might hit up Ballast Point too.

Hit up North Park (blind lady ale house) or South Park (hamilton's). I probably frequent those the most. Both of those neighborhoods have fantastic restaurants. Sea rocket bistro, the linkery, and alchemy are but a few among dozens. The Station is pretty good as well. If in doubt, ask yelp.

Clems bottle house on adams ave in normal heights/kensington area is awesome. also best damn beer shop on 7th downtown. In my opinion those are by far the best bottle shops we have around here. Best damn beer shop always has fresh pliny, which seems to be real popular with out of towners

I have heard some good things about Churchill's, although I haven't had a chance to go there myself, yet.

Churchill's is up in north SD county, so it really only an hr or so from LA. Its also close to quite a few breweries. Stone, Lost abbey, green flash, iron fist... you should come down some time.

Back