What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to try it. Found it in MD while visiting. Just one 4 pack per customer. Should have asked a stranger to go back in for me and buy another. Probably going to enjoy one Friday and stash the rest. Is this better served cold like 30's or at a higher temp?

Definitely let it warm. 45-50 would be ideal drinking temp.

Having a couple of these

View attachment 164212

Question for y'all. I have been reading pros and cons of ss brew kettles and alum kettles. But I want some brewer experience! My wife bought me an alum 40qt kettle, opinions yes or no. Like I said I have read quite a bit and I take from my readings yes

Season the aluminum and it will work fine - especially as a HLT. As a BK, stainless will heat the bottom more evenly and reduce the risk of scorching. Plus You can scrub the crap out of SS - if you do it with aluminum you have to re-season.

Today has been great! Besides the fact that its freezing cold, I got free lunch, an awesome trade package from hello with more HB than I expected, and my KS life, health and accident insurance license! :D

To celebrate im having Hello's "slacker stout". Apparently I was more concerned with trying it than taking a decent picture haha Great brew Hello! I think this is better than the growler of black angus stout I was drinking last night, no joke! keep up the great brewing, I look forward to our HB trade next year and the rest of your HB's I have yet to try here :mug:

Congrats! Definitely cause for celebration! :mug: (I'll raise one in toast after I get home from my son's Christmas concert.)

Much better fresh.

ForumRunner_20131204_191753.jpg

Today has been great! Besides the fact that its freezing cold, I got free lunch, an awesome trade package from hello with more HB than I expected, and my KS life, health and accident insurance license! :D

To celebrate im having Hello's "slacker stout". Apparently I was more concerned with trying it than taking a decent picture haha Great brew Hello! I think this is better than the growler of black angus stout I was drinking last night, no joke! keep up the great brewing, I look forward to our HB trade next year and the rest of your HB's I have yet to try here :mug:

Congrats fishboy!

image-3635128340.jpg

Thinking about trying to produce a clone of this just need to figure out if I should put the skunks in the primary fermenter or secondary

Can't wait to try it. Found it in MD while visiting. Just one 4 pack per customer. Should have asked a stranger to go back in for me and buy another. Probably going to enjoy one Friday and stash the rest. Is this better served cold like 30's or at a higher temp?

Get them on ice I can be there in 45 mins or so!

What, like making sure all the alkies are full insured?:p

We are what most companies refer to as, declined risk :drunk:

Having my first New hollard beer. I like this one a lot but I have to say that this is one of the most unique stouts ive ever had (mole stout easily takes the hat for #1). I cant imagine what it tastes like aged. The smell kinda reminds me of cereal if that makes sense. Thanks Hello! :ban:

2013-12-04 18.32.49.jpg

We are what most companies refer to as, declined risk :drunk:

Having my first New hollard beer. I like it a lot but I have to say that this is one of the most unique stouts ive ever had (mole stout easily takes the hate on #1). I cant imagine what it tastes like aged. Thanks Hello! :ban:

I have only one. gonna open it late next year.

mcbaumannerb said:
There's no easy answer for beers with high demand and low availability. If the shop got a case and sold the 4-packs then there are only six happy customers. Selling a bottle leaves less happy customers, but at least there are 24 of them. The other option would be they charge $50 or $75 to kill demand, but that would just piss everyone off.

The latter is what happened to me, I'm embarrassed to say. $50 after tax for three regular and a bomber of backyard rye. They were limiting it to one regular plus one variant, but I talked him into three regular and he talked me out of my money. I made a big deal out of how much I wanted it, so I wasn't in a position to ball at the price...

mcbaumannerb said:
Season the aluminum and it will work fine - especially as a HLT. As a BK, stainless will heat the bottom more evenly and reduce the risk of scorching. Plus You can scrub the crap out of SS - if you do it with aluminum you have to re-season.
Thanks Mark

My first Great Lakes beer I didn't care for. Hopefully its just an off year or bad bottle but this spice combo is clovy vegetable or something. Without that bad flavor it could be an otherwise good beer. I normally like the Holiday ales in general but this isnt one of them. Reminds me of the bad spice flavor in New Hollands Pumkin ale-like terioki or beef jerky-yeah- thats exactly the taste soy sauce. I like it in rice or beef jerky but not this. When I imagine it with a shot of soy sauce that is basically the flavor this beer has as a christmas spice.

great lakes christmas ale.jpg

My first Great Lakes beer I didn't care for. Hopefully its just an off year or bad bottle but this spice combo is clovy vegetable or something. Without that bad flavor it could be an otherwise good beer. I normally like the Holiday ales in general but this isnt one of them. Reminds me of the bad spice flavor in New Hollands Pumkin ale-like terioki or beef jerky-yeah- thats exactly the taste soy sauce. I like it in rice or beef jerky but not this.

Having a Great lakes also, first time for the beer not the brewery, solid beer, I like.

DSCF0244.jpg

Latest posts

Back