What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang app is still effin with me. Looking into this untappd business...

Had a Ska Euphoria Pale Ale first, now an Austin Beerworks Heavy Machinery IPA. I think it's the English IPA, but it could be the Half IPA (Pale Ale, I guess). It was a single can at WF and all of the Heavy Machinery cans look the same...Kind of annoying.

Edinburgh Session

image-3973463451.jpg

Down in MD for a few days. Drove almost 7 hrs on Sunday (normally at 3 hr drive). Found a liquor store 1hr south that had Goose Island Bourbon Country Stout listed on their website. Dove the hour to get there. The place was very small. Looked around and didn't see it. I asked the clerk if he had it. He says "you looking for this?" and shows me a 4 pack. Says he just got 2 cases in yesterday. I celebrated quietly and calmly asked for another. He said he's only selling one 4 pack per customer since he's got a lot of regulars and has to reserve it for them. I thanked him, paid and left. Not sure what to do with just 4...

Down in MD for a few days. Drove almost 7 hrs on Sunday (normally at 3 hr drive). Found a liquor store 1hr south that had Goose Island Bourbon Country Stout listed on their website. Dove the hour to get there. The place was very small. Looked around and didn't see it. I asked the clerk if he had it. He says "you looking for this?" and shows me a 4 pack. Says he just got 2 cases in yesterday. I celebrated quietly and calmly asked for another. He said he's only selling one 4 pack per customer since he's got a lot of regulars and has to reserve it for them. I thanked him, paid and left. Not sure what to do with just 4...

Well, drink one of them for sure! I'd keep at least two to age ... unless you find more of course :)

On to coffee ... at least we all know what day it is ...

cdnet.myxer.com.jpg

The thread error and the site slowness can kiss my ass.
Dog waking me acting a fool as though she must pee pretty much ran out, ran in, and ran back to bed. She can suck it.
Coffee ... with a smile. :D

The thread error and the site slowness can kiss my ass.
Dog waking me acting a fool as though she must pee pretty much ran out, ran in, and ran back to bed. She can suck it.
Coffee ... with a smile. :D

Well, there is something on the FedEx truck that may turn your day around! ;)

It would probably help get the parsing error in the app fixed if enough people report it. Go to this thread and post that you are getting the error on the app (and specify iphone or andriod) I reported it yesterday but if enough others join in, Tx will probably fix it sooner than later.

Generic amber, no dry hops. But a very pleasant session beer.

Well, there is something on the FedEx truck that may turn your day around! ;)

It would probably help get the parsing error in the app fixed if enough people report it. Go to this thread and post that you are getting the error on the app (and specify iphone or andriod) I reported it yesterday but if enough others join in, Tx will probably fix it sooner than later.

I will report it. And I'm excited about FedEx! Though I vowed not to have anything to drink until Friday. It's only 4 days but I have gotten off track with my drinking recently.

Today looks to be a nice day full of prizes. :D I have an iPad mini coming my way that should have been overnighted and wasn't then it was to be delivered yesterday and wasn't so today is the day.

I'm not having a bad day though. I just got off schedule because dog sounded like her belly was going to explode and I figured I better not chance showering and such before letting her out. I am downstairs and can hear her snoring in her bed upstairs. I think I'll go jump on the bed just to annoy her. She actually makes this grumble noise when I wake her to play. It explains why she comes and licks my face early in the morning on weekends when I just want to sleep. :D

I'm curious, what does BCS retail for at the stores? I get them directly from my cousin who is a distributor, so the normal BCS is only about $14 for a four pack. The coconut and Backyard Rye are a lot more expensive.

chadkarol said:
I'm curious, what does BCS retail for at the stores? I get them directly from my cousin who is a distributor, so the normal BCS is only about $14 for a four pack. The coconut and Backyard Rye are a lot more expensive.

I paid 17.49 for my 4-pack of BCBS(18.93 after tax). After seeing the prices some guys on here are paying, I stopped complaining. :D

Anywhere from $4.99 to $6.99 per bottle in Minneapolis. Unfortunately the latter for most of mine. No one is selling 4packs, and there's a 1 variant bottle limit, maybe less. This beer run thing is no fun anymore.

the place by my house was $20 for 4 packs of normal and coffee, $24 for Barley wine and $20 for bombers of Rye.

I CANT WAIT! Its cold enough here that if it sits out till five I might be able to enjoy one right out of the box! :D

F yeah!
In fact, we're having a weird week weather wise here. It's supposed to be 75 tomorrow. Seriously WTF. Now I gotta put beer in a fridge in my garage rather than rely on the cold. Of course, I opted to cold crash a gallon batch of cider last night when I didn't realize it was going to be warmer.

Anyhooo...my coconut stout really likes to be about 45F. Even at 50F it was good. I've passed some out and people who claim to hate stouts love this. A definite rebrew -- stuck fermentation and all. I can only hope for stuck fermentation again. That is probably what made it even better.

Coke while I consider watching The Walking Dead. Someone on FB already ****ed up the ending for me, but I still need to watch it. And I seem chatty. Maybe I should divert this energy to my work day instead of HBT. :D

On the subject of BCBS: $25 for a 4 pack of the regular. Never saw the others here because according to distributors, the other labels were not approved by the state. Seriously, time to move. :D

F yeah!
In fact, we're having a weird week weather wise here. It's supposed to be 75 tomorrow. Seriously WTF. Now I gotta put beer in a fridge in my garage rather than rely on the cold. Of course, I opted to cold crash a gallon batch of cider last night when I didn't realize it was going to be warmer.

Anyhooo...my coconut stout really likes to be about 45F. Even at 50F it was good. I've passed some out and people who claim to hate stouts love this. A definite rebrew -- stuck fermentation and all. I can only hope for stuck fermentation again. That is probably what made it even better.

Coke while I consider watching The Walking Dead. Someone on FB already ****ed up the ending for me, but I still need to watch it. And I seem chatty. Maybe I should divert this energy to my work day instead of HBT. :D

On the subject of BCBS: $25 for a 4 pack of the regular. Never saw the others here because according to distributors, the other labels were not approved by the state. Seriously, time to move. :D

Cuz the label?! Now thats just wrong. I cant wait to try that stout, I have heard good things!

Just found out we are getting evil twin brews at a local shop, which one of these should I pick up first HBT?! Low life, Hipster, Bikini, or Yin?

Just called all the liquor stores in town, nobody has BCBS! Apparently, each store was only given around 4-6 4packs! OF COURSE THEY ARE ALL GONE! :(

Cuz the label?! Now thats just wrong. I cant wait to try that stout, I have heard good things!

Just found out we are getting evil twin brews at a local shop, which one of these should I pick up first HBT?! Low life, Hipster, Bikini, or Yin?

I have limited access and have only had the Yin of the ones you listed and it is really good.

On the coffee

Feeling better today?

I am! I think the tangelo wine last night killed the sore throat. I have been known to drink 3-4 mikes hard lemonades to cure a sore throat with great success so I figured a 12%abv citrus wine would have similar effects! :pipe: Now to get rid of the chest congestion and get back to 100%

Back