Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a new sheet in the spreadsheet labeled 'LINKS'. Inside there is a link for the latest catalog from MCM dated 2/11/13.

The only thing that has changed from the previous catalog is that domestic Fuggle is sold out. The database will be adjusted and spreadsheet will be updated. I am going to confirm pricing on items then I'll let people know when they can start submitting payment.

EDIT: Domestic Fuggle is sold out. UK Fuggle is still available.

I added a new sheet in the spreadsheet labeled 'LINKS'. Inside there is a link for the latest catalog from MCM dated 2/11/13.

The only thing that has changed from the previous catalog is that Fuggle is sold out. The database will be adjusted and spreadsheet will be updated. I am going to confirm pricing on items then I'll let people know when they can start submitting payment.

Looks like it's domestic Fuggle that is sold out, the UK Fuggle still looks good. YES!

Lets just hope people are as aggressive at submitting payments as we all were buying 333 sacks...(when bill says to pay that is)

actually it it is much less than than 333 sacks. it's 297 sacks. the spreadsheet validates all of the weights from one worksheet to another. there were many ghost splits that Ghoti needed to clean up. but still, 297 sacks is astonishing really. Basically, 7 full pallets of grain and an 8th pallet of other stuff.

I think people opened up splits but weren't quite sure how to split them. so they opened up new ones trying to figure it out. in the meantime, the previously opened splits were never removed. thus the huge difference from what we actually thought we had to what we actually did.

If you have a farm nearby they would probably use it for feed. I took the family to a little farm just west of St Charles and suddenly picked up the scent of mashed grain. Turns out that the Lucky Monk gives them their spent grains.

That could be just the place I'm looking for. Would you mind sharing the name of that farm?

ghoti is putting the finishing touches on the program. should be done within the hour. Then I'll run new reports and everything should be up to date. I also changed the name of the 4th sheet within the spreadsheet that gives general information such as latest catalog, email address, physical address. I'll add to it as information comes along. Refer to that sheet before asking questions. Also, do not share any of that info in public. Thanks.

Bill and Ghoti, I just wanted to say thank you for organizing all of this. I am so psyched to get my grain etc. I'm planning a great Spring of brewing and you guys made it possible and affordable. Let me know if you need any help with the order. Josh

Sorry if I missed this, but are we good to start sending in our money yet?
Also, Bill, is personal check a payment option? Thanks.

Just wondering which amount to go by, my total is higher on the spreadsheet than the website.

Too late to get in on this? I just registered, waiting for confirmation email. Anyone from SE Wisconsin making the trip down to Chicago? arcticz1? :)

idigg said:
Too late to get in on this? I just registered, waiting for confirmation email. Anyone from SE Wisconsin making the trip down to Chicago? arcticz1? :)

I am from fond du lac and making the trip but the buy is closed and I think it is too late.

Just wondering which amount to go by, my total is higher on the spreadsheet than the website.

The shipping costs are on the spreadsheet. Don't pay anything just yet. I'm still adding different formulas to keep the different numbers in balance with each other. Please bare with me a little longer.

So is anyone interested in posting what they are planning to brew with our coming supplies? I'm excited about trying some variations on wheat beers, orange, honey, smokey, chocolate. Will probably use variations on this recipe on hbt.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/1st-place-hbt-comp-category-15a-141093/

I brewed it a few weeks ago and split it between S-05 and WB-06, and far prefer the 06. I'll probably repitch that into a split batch.

UPDATE

You can start sending payments. Please read the "General Info" tab within the spreadsheet regarding payments through paypal. Checks are fine also and they can be sent to the address in the 'General Info' sheet. Of course is cash is king; we can always arrange somewhere to meet.

The amount owed by each participant is in the "user subtotal' column K. The shipping charges came out to $0.049 per lb. The user subtotal includes the shipping charges. It's pretty self explanatory really.

I will enter how much I received from you in another column. Then an additional column will show your balance due or over-payment. This will be used for any out of stock items that we may encounter; or unexpected price increases.

Unlike in the past, I am going to collect from everyone first. Once money has been collected I will ask for a quote/invoice. I will post that for everyone to see. Then I will place the order. Again, any price difference between what the spreadsheet shows and the quote/invoice will be accounted for in the balance/over-payment column. I am asking for payment first then the quote/invoice so that we are not going back and forth with the vendor. They were a little annoyed with the constant revisions last go around.

Which leads to another important point, you can no longer modify your order. That causes too many errors. This buy is much larger than I ever expected (296 sacks and 73 participants) so we can't be changing stuff around because it WILL lead to errors.

In the past, it has taken typically 2 weeks for all payments to get to me. I don't anticipate this buy taking any less time...but I am open to pleasant surprises. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Thanks, everyone! Start your payments!

EDIT: Please include your hbt username and/or email address on your payment so I know whose account to credit.

I am contemplating filling that barrel with a big coffee/molasses RIS, or a AB clone hence the 5 lbs of chinooks I ordered. Or maybe I'll volunteer for a collaborative barrel aged porter/stout for a fall kegging. Otherwise all straight forward pipeline brews.

Does the shipping charge include the food for everyone doing the splits and website costs, etc.? I plan on over paying anyhow, but want to be sure of my total before I tack on extra

Does the shipping charge include the food for everyone doing the splits and website costs, etc.? I plan on over paying anyhow, but want to be sure of my total before I tack on extra

"Shipping Charge" is a general term that includes everything including food for the volunteers, paper bags, hazmat fees, fuel surcharges, pallet delivery costs, etc.

I am contemplating filling that barrel with a big coffee/molasses RIS, or a AB clone hence the 5 lbs of chinooks I ordered. Or maybe I'll volunteer for a collaborative barrel aged porter/stout for a fall kegging. Otherwise all straight forward pipeline brews.

quickly, who is on the JD barrels so I can add it to the spreadsheet?

quickly, who is on the JD barrels so I can add it to the spreadsheet?

Bill,

This the list of who was purchasing JD barrels per Dave's prior post.

Mark

Originally Posted by Neopol
Reminder:

J.D. Barrel confirmed for order as of midnight close of order.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

The 4 JD barrels will come out to $155.98 each with shipping. I'm rounding it to an even $156.00.

Bill,

This the list of who was purchasing JD barrels per Dave's prior post.

Mark

Originally Posted by Neopol
Reminder:

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

these have been added.

If there are any errors, including those in your favor, please let me know about them. Thank you. :)

Reminder:

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

I'll jump on and paypal later this eve after fermenter cleaning, I'm transferring my 30gal kolsch and dopplebock into kegs for lagering.

Reminder:

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

It has already been added. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back