brew day going sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
Yesterday I when to the lhbs to get stuff for an all-grain olde ale. Everything I need they did have and were not going to order more for 2 weeks. So I got some exstact and other thing to make a pale ale just so I had somthing to brew Saturday. then I get to work this morning the tell me we working Saturday. My little helper is ganna be mad.

Yeah that is always pleasant. Gottas earn that salt though amirite?
Anything against making it into a late night brew party?

Well depending on if they make us work 8 or 12 hour I may have to but my little help goes to bed at 8 I may have to brew through the night

Maybe stretch the bedtime a bit? My wife was always pretty adamant about bedtime, but once in a while staying up to do something with dad hasn't hurt them as far as I can tell.

Mind you don't make it an all-nighter, but staying up a bit past bedtime will only make it seem that much more special to them. And of course let them know that it's a one-time thing. Or maybe brew Sunday. Bible says not to work on Sunday, but we all know brewing it not really work, it's like "The Antiwork".

what typifies an olde ale? (it says im a senior member but i think that comes more from me asking questions than me giving good advice.) i had something at the pub the other day. old stock ale or something? pretty malty. what kinda thing are you looking at?

Back