Where Should I Buy Pint Glasses From??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
Alright, I want to get 4 20 oz Imperial pint glasses and 4 10 oz half pint glasses to sit on top of my kegerator.

Where should I get them?

I want to make sure that they have the stamp.

I got a set from Odd Lots ... 4 each of 4 types of glasses for 20 bucks. Great deal, cant even tell they are from odd lots.

I've gotten some great beer glass sets at Target, I got a set of iirc 12 "beer glasses of the world" which included 4 each of 3 types of glasses, and one was pints and the other two types were for pilsners and wheat beers. They were 20 bucks for the set. I also got a set of guiness pints with the guinness logos on them.

If having the authentic stamp is important to you then take a close look at it before buying. I bought a couple from world market, but on close inspection, the etching is fake. Ther are details missing..

STOP PRESS!! I am looking at one now because I wanted to describe the differences between the fake etching and the real one, and the fake "etchings" have disappeared in the dishwasher!!! :D

I've gotten some great beer glass sets at Target, I got a set of iirc 12 "beer glasses of the world" which included 4 each of 3 types of glasses, and one was pints and the other two types were for pilsners and wheat beers. They were 20 bucks for the set. I also got a set of guiness pints with the guinness logos on them.

Well, I really want Imperial Pint/half pint glasses. A matching set with the etched pint level markings on them. Although I like the dollar tree ones and the others, but I really want the real thing if you know what I mean.

After travelling to England over the summer I just really love those Pint Glasses.

These are the ones I'm talking about

http://www.pubglasses.com/Merchant2..._Code=PG&Product_Code=14UNB&Category_Code=BST

I would just order from there, but they're out of 1/2 pint glasses.

If having the authentic stamp is important to you then take a close look at it before buying. I bought a couple from world market, but on close inspection, the etching is fake. Ther are details missing..

STOP PRESS!! I am looking at one now because I wanted to describe the differences between the fake etching and the real one, and the fake "etchings" have disappeared in the dishwasher!!! :D

Wow, that sucks. Where did you get them from?

I Have about 4 CAMRA Pint glasses I piced up when I went to the Cambridge Beer Festival this summer and they're all real. I'd like to get some like that, but without any writing on them.

OK, I'm looking at the other one. AT the top it says P NT instead of PINT, and there are some dots missing on the crown. Obvious fake....Especially as they might just be printed on! What the hell, I don't need the stamp anyway. :)

OK, I'm looking at the other one. AT the top it says P NT instead of PINT, and there are some dots missing on the crown. Obvious fake....Especially as they might just be printed on! What the hell, I don't need the stamp anyway. :)

Nvm I saw where you got em from. That blows man. Cheatin bastards.

Well, I really want Imperial Pint/half pint glasses. A matching set with the etched pint level markings on them. Although I like the dollar tree ones and the others, but I really want the real thing if you know what I mean.

After travelling to England over the summer I just really love those Pint Glasses.

These are the ones I'm talking about

http://www.pubglasses.com/Merchant2..._Code=PG&Product_Code=14UNB&Category_Code=BST

I would just order from there, but they're out of 1/2 pint glasses.

That's the style of the pint glass that came in the set...but they don't have any markings on them....

You might want to look through all the glasses here. https://globalbeer.3dcartstores.com/Glasses_c_36.html

Though I think all the glasses here are belgian....I don't know if they carry any british ones...I know my maudite tasting goblet that I use for reviewing beers has a line at 0.3L....

Nvm I saw where you got em from. That blows man. Cheatin bastards.

Well, that aspect is not really important to me, but it goes to show that if you DO want the real thing, then you do need to inspect them closely. Who would have thought they would bother to fake something like that!

See, I want these types of stamps:

DSC09976.jpg

DSC09975.jpg

DSC09975.jpg

Yeah, those babies are hand washed. Aren't you from overseas?

I wonder if you pmmned any of our members "across the pond" and see if they would ship some to you.

Maybe Orfy would do so?

Sam Adams has those new glasses out with the etchings and curvy shape for aroma enhancement. I've put that on my christmas list. I really liked that global beer network site for glasses though. Some amazing foam to beer ratios in those sample pictures, might need a straw to get down to the good stuff :mug:

Word of advice.. never ask family for "beer glasses" for the Holidays. I ended up with more glasses then I ever needed and my bar, kitchen, spare room, and even attic has various types of glasses. Luckily we have frequent gatherings of idiots at the house (also known as parties with friends who are drunks) who like breaking glasses (did I drop that??) so I go through them quite quickly..

Word of advice.. never ask family for "beer glasses" for the Holidays. I ended up with more glasses then I ever needed and my bar, kitchen, spare room, and even attic has various types of glasses. Luckily we have frequent gatherings of idiots at the house (also known as parties with friends who are drunks) who like breaking glasses (did I drop that??) so I go through them quite quickly..

Well, if enough idiots come over for long enough, you will need new glasses eventually. When you do, you can get a case of 16 oz "pub glasses" from dollar tree for $24 online or in store.

They are definitely worth the money.

Well, if enough idiots come over for long enough, you will need new glasses eventually. When you do, you can get a case of 16 oz "pub glasses" from dollar tree for $24 online or in store. .

You will also need a steam cleaner and a wet spot vac to help clean up after messes.... :D

And to get back on topic you can always get custom pint glasses made from many internet sources with your own custom logo on them. Imagine having your own brewery name on each glass you drink out of. Or gift a glass with a 6 pack of your least favorite homebrew (cause why give out the good stuff, right????) :mug:

Sam Adams has those new glasses out with the etchings and curvy shape for aroma enhancement. I've put that on my christmas list. I really liked that global beer network site for glasses though. Some amazing foam to beer ratios in those sample pictures, might need a straw to get down to the good stuff :mug:

Hopefully you have better luck than me, I bought 4 of these and the silk screen has come off in various places on each one. I contacted Sam Adams customer service twice and they replied after several weeks and promised a followup but it never came. I really wasn't that impressed with the glasses anyway. I really like the look and feel of the imperial pint glasses and use those most of the time.

Mike

Back