Keezer project 12 kegs woot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spannaflicka

Reaction score
Hi all just picked up my cheep deep freeze now to start planing. Just measured and will fit 12 Cornys + a c02 tank no worries at all.
After any ideas
please note it will all ways be on a covered deck
And it's very old and the hinges dont look very easy to put on a collar but no issues height wize

Cheers all

image-3929572837.jpg

Will you actually have THAT many taps on? I would consider 4 my max. Anything else would get a picnic tap for easy use. You could cut a hole in the lid and make a small access door. And have a way to hit one section of the cooler w/o lifting the whole lid. That way you can get to the few specials you have on picnic tap, turn off the valve to the CO2, adjust the regulator, or reach for any bottles you keep in there. My mind is just ROLLIN with things to do with that.

Awe man... Now I'm picturing some kind of Hydraulic/Pneumatic 4 piston setup to raise the lid straight up with 2 larger legs up front. That way you push a button and the lid lifts off and the front raises more so you can pull kegs out.

although the simple answer would probably be to put stronger hinges in the back and utilize old SUV door pistons. You know the things that hold up the back door of an SUV when you lift them up. Kind of like the opposite of a Screen door closer.

Reaver said:
Will you actually have THAT many taps on? I would consider 4 my max. Anything else would get a picnic tap for easy use. You could cut a hole in the lid and make a small access door. And have a way to hit one section of the cooler w/o lifting the whole lid. That way you can get to the few specials you have on picnic tap, turn off the valve to the CO2, adjust the regulator, or reach for any bottles you keep in there. My mind is just ROLLIN with things to do with that.

I'm going to have a minimum of 7 taps and I don't wana be going in and out all the time. + we entetain alot and thinking 4 beers a cider a wine and a cola

Not sure about the opening yet guess we will see how heavy it is

image-36071450.jpg

Just a quick frame I made up to add move ability and height. I was aming for 42" but is stands at 45" but it cost me nuffthing

Just a quick update after a crap day (car accident ) started building the coffin

image-2595088868.jpg

coffin sitting on the top with keezer painted black

image-10689082.jpg

Hi

If you put the tower far enough back on the lid and don't go to crazy with tile on the top, the lid will balance in the open position.

With a freezer that deep, there's no need at all for a collar. It just makes life more difficult. I'd run CO2 outside the freezer and run the line(s) in through the back of the tower. Makes the regulator last longer and it's easier to check the pressure gauges.

Bob

carlisle_bob said:
Hi

If you put the tower far enough back on the lid and don't go to crazy with tile on the top, the lid will balance in the open position.

With a freezer that deep, there's no need at all for a collar. It just makes life more difficult. I'd run CO2 outside the freezer and run the line(s) in through the back of the tower. Makes the regulator last longer and it's easier to check the pressure gauges.

Bob

Yea it will be going prety much at the back and still to work out the tiles

image-2505297294.jpg

Finished the wood work and staining

image-2700018657.jpg

A shot of the rear access recess will be sealed and a screw on cover

Hi

A little late (sorry about that)....

Another way to do the tower access is to simply have the top sit on the tower. No hinges / locks / screws. Gravity and a couple spacers inside the top or the tower are all it takes. Since the lid never gets to vertical, the "lid" doesn't fall off.

With or without latches the door is rarely going to be a tight seal (same for the lid). Some alumium tape is a very good idea inside the door or lid to create a good moisture and air barrier.

Bob

sethcros said:
That looks fantastic. Well done!

Cheers. There is alot of things I need to touch up later now I've just got to buy bout 8 more kegs. But for now to taps are working

That I havnt worked out yet but am open to suggestions keeping in mind I'm from Nz
Cheers

Why not do something like Chalkboard paint on the front side? Should give you plenty of room to write out beers, and be easy to keep up to date.

Get your SO a bag of colored chalk and let them goto town making fancy art.

Hi

Now you get to worry about the condensed water dripping out from under the black plastic washers and messing up the wood ...

Bob

Maybe construct a chalkboard that just rests on the wood above the taps. That way you can take it off when writing or drawing on it.

carlisle_bob said:
Hi

Now you get to worry about the condensed water dripping out from under the black plastic washers and messing up the wood ...

Bob

Yea it dose get condensate on the front panel but Being an out side bar it's exposed to alot anyway I put 15 cotes of Polly on all wood so fingers crossed

Cheers
Aaron

beowulf said:
Maybe construct a chalkboard that just rests on the wood above the taps. That way you can take it off when writing or drawing on it.

Yea that's going to be the best idea I think.
Just a thort could I use a picture frame and paint the glass chalkboard or would I be best to paint the wood backing

Cheers
Aaron

Yea it dose get condensate on the front panel but Being an out side bar it's exposed to alot anyway I put 15 cotes of Polly on all wood so fingers crossed

Cheers
Aaron

Hi

It's not the end of the world, just something to keep an eye on. If it starts to bubble or degrade, sand it down and put on a few more coats. That's the nice thing about paint or varnish - it's cheap to fix up.

Bob

Back