What kind of music do you listen to while brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geckler

Reaction score
Just curious what kind of playlist everybody listens to for me it's a lot of hard rock(Tool, Chevelle mostly) and a bit of country(Hank III)

Some Hank III here also, plus an eclectic mix including Tom Waits, Mastodon, Sinead O'Connor, Sigur Ros, Drive By Truckers, Melvins....

I find that brewing is a good opportunity to listen to some music.

i pretty sure there is a huge tread on this

but for me i read some michael connelly today
no music for me today

Some classic rock like the Grateful Dead, some clasic punk-rock like Dead Kennedies and some classic non-punk like the Crass.
Oh crap, it's the same music I put on wile I'm cleaning the house and mowing the lawn.

Hank III lmao.. he's probably the biggest rebel country music artist to live. I usually don't listen to anything, I watch tv or something and walk away for a while, especially once I start mashing, once hot break forms and in between hop additions, checking occassionally. But for ****s and giggles if I make a german beer with decoction mashing I play german polka as a joke for a little bit

The random downloads on my phone. The Disco Biscuits, Hank sr, Slayer, and Ella Fitzgerald just to name a few.

Punk Rawk all the way for me. Although I saw someone said Tom Waits in an earlier post and I'll throw that on as well.

I have great music on brew day. Bustin Grains by Barley Crusher, Sound of the Burner by SQ-14, Trouble with Bubbles by Brew Kettle, Sucking up Air by Venturi Effect, and towards the end, Fizzing Water by O2Clean, and Clanging and Banging by Gear Stored Away :D

and sometimes l listen to Big Band era music.

I usually don't listen to anything. I use the mash time to read or sit outside on my deck and enjoy the day. But if I do listen to anything, it's something relaxing. I think last time it was some of Rachmanioff's piano concertos.

If the Colorado Rockies are on, we'll listen to the game. Otherwise it's Slayer, Metallica, Rammstein, etc.

Or George Strait. Either way...

--Duck911

Dan said:
I have great music on brew day. Bustin Grains by Barley Crusher, Sound of the Burner by SQ-14, Trouble with Bubbles by Brew Kettle, Sucking up Air by Venturi Effect, and towards the end, Fizzing Water by O2Clean, and Clanging and Banging by Gear Stored Away :D

Love it!

Today is was some good blues guitar. Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.B. King, Clapton, Muddy Waters. But my guilty pleasure is older rap like Pharcyde, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, MF-Doom. Keeps me pumped up to keep cleaning/sanitizing when I don't want to.

If its a F1 race weekend then practice and qualifying on the TV win, otherwise a mix of Staind, Tool, Linkin Park, Korn and a few others that keep the neighboors away ....

Umphreys McGee, Sound Tribe Sector 9, String Cheese Incident, Pretty Lights, MGMT, Yonder Mountain String Band, The Infamous Stringdusters. Any good music...

If a can it's always cool watch a few Brewing Tv episodes but as far as music goes something chill like Hate Breed or Rage Against The Machine ....lol

There is a really long thread on this.....which is why I'm glad it started over. I like some clutch, smashing pumpkins, primus, techno, zepplin, flogging Molly, maybe even some rap. Kinda all over the place I know, but you know what they say... Variety is the spice of life ;)

I listen to mostly Folk and Jazz. Keeps me from getting distracted, while still enjoying the tunes.

Guided by Voices, The Hold Steady, Built to Spill, Wolf Parade, Elliott Smith, The White Stripes, Deer Tick, Tom Waits, Drive-By Truckers, Tool, Sleater-Kinney, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Black Keys, The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros, Iron and Wine, Bon Iver, The National, etc.

Blues, blues, and more blues...

Played loud to drown out the voices in my head. :eek:

Back