I'm off to the Stumbling Monk...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
A great Belgian beer bar here in Seattle. I'll report back when I return...if I return...:cross:

Started off with an Orval. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, this is my desert island beer.
Moved on to a Stil Nacht from De Dolle. Love this beer! Sweet, Slightly sour at the same time with huge alcohol up front.
Next up was a pint of Elysian Dragonstooth Stout on Cask. An English style stout, sweet and roasty with good body and mouthfeel.
Finished with a Duchess de Bourgogne. I like this beer but almost feel like it's a poor man's Rodenbach or Liefman's Goudenband. A little too sweet for me. I prefer the acidity of Rodenbach and the subtlety of Goudenband.
Hey, I would have drank more but it was a business meeting...more to follow.

Had an Orval tonight while removing labels from some bottles. Man, I love that stuff. So tasty and strong. Gotta buy some more so I can bottle in them, it'll be like drinking out of little bowling pins:D

Gotta buy some more so I can bottle in them, it'll be like drinking out of little bowling pins

Exactly. I have my local saving Orval bottles for me, the glass is much thicker so they will hold more pressure. Plus, I absolutely love this beer!

Got to love the Orval. Had a beer tasting week, Orval was my favored.

6704-Beer-showcase.JPG

Back