Removing ear clamps from beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughes_brews

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a trick to removing ear clamps from beer lines? I need to balance my system since my lines are too short. I bought some more tubing and was ready to swap out the lines, but can't figure out how to get these @#*&! clamps off. :mad:

I am not able to get a small screwdriver in there to pry it apart. Just wondering if there is a secret to removing these, or what the best method is for cutting them off?

I'm soory but I've never heard of ear clamps and by the amount of responces neither have anybody else. Do you have a pic or a link to what might be close to what you are describing?

Use the largest pair of dykes (side cutting pliers, not lesbians) you can find. Cut vertically through the ear.

Sause, this is an ear clamp:

1317.jpg

I just take a flat blade screwdriver in the end of the clamp and a quick twist will break the clamp back open then put the screwdriver in the crimped part of the clamp and rocking the screwdriver back and forth it'll walk right off.

Back