First my arms got too short...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
...now I have 4 eyeballs. I'm not sure which is worse. I'm told I'll get accustomed to it (these are not progressives). Gettin' old sucks. But hey...at least I can raed again.

...now I have 4 eyeballs. I'm not sure which is worse. I'm told I'll get accustomed to it (these are not progressives). Gettin' old sucks. But hey...at least I can raed again.
Are you sure? ;)

Yup, it does suck. I consider it a successful day if the noises my body makes every morning last fewer than 30 seconds and I can walk upright within one minute.

So you're saying we've been wrong all along and mutation creating pathogens CAN form in our beer?

Next time we get an "is my beer ruined" thread, I'm using this quote against you and posting it for the noobs! :p

Sorry to hear about the glasses, Spanish. I think I'm on my way there soon too. It's getting harder to read street signs from a distance.

Next time we get an "is my beer ruined" thread, I'm using this quote against you and posting it for the noobs! :p

Sorry to hear about the glasses, Spanish. I think I'm on my way there soon too. It's getting harder to read street signs from a distance.
That's a different thing Bopper. That happened in my late 20s. Lights at night become huge blazing stars as well.

What I'm talking about happens to MANY people, often in the mid 40s or so (so it happened to Revvy like 45 years ago...zing!). Basically, things close up get blurry so you have to hold them farther away from your eyes (arms too short). You've prob seen people holding a newspaper/whatever at full arms length to read it. Many people can just use reading glasses but if you already wear glasses like me, you get bifocals (4 eyeballs).

That's a different thing Bopper. That happened in my late 20s. Lights at night become huge blazing stars as well.

What I'm talking about happens to MANY people, often in the mid 40s or so (so it happened to Revvy like 45 years ago...zing!). Basically, things close up get blurry so you have to hold them farther away from your eyes (arms too short). You've prob seen people holding a newspaper/whatever at full arms length to read it. Many people can just use reading glasses but if you already wear glasses like me, you get bifocals (4 eyeballs).

That sucks. I'm pretty sure I have that to look forward to as well since I already have reading glasses.

Yeah I got it too....though it was only 5 years ago thank you very much. :D

It took me a year to realize that it wasn't that print had suddenly gotten smaller and everywhere I was trying ot read something was "too dark," or whatever else I told myself.

Now I have 1,000 pairs of "cheaters" everywhere.

But ask some of the MI mashers...It never cease to frustrate me that I always seem to forget them when we are meeting up at our favorite 67 beer on tap microbrew. I end up never being able to see the menu.

I'm this close to getting me some of those "granny chains"

DL5129-eyeglass-chain.jpg

QUOTE=Revvy;1746360]Yeah I got it too....though it was only 5 years ago thank you very much. :D

It took me a year to realize that it wasn't that print had suddenly gotten smaller and everywhere I was trying ot read something was "too dark," or whatever else I told myself.

But ask some of the MI mashers...It never cease to frustrate me that I always seem to forget them when we are meeting up at our favorite 67 beer on tap microbrew. I end up never being able to see the menu.

[/QUOTE]

How about starting to carry a monical? I hear they are coming back in style.

monocle.jpg
monocle-joseph_chamberlain.jpg[

Yeah I got it too....though it was only 5 years ago thank you very much. :D

I had bifocals but the frames broke and were unrepairable so I have been wearing my old pair for years now and can't see with or without them. When I need to do something up close I put them up on the top of my head (I shave my head) and when I need to see far I put them on. Kind of a pain in the summer outside if my head sweats, they just fall off.

I had progressives too but they mad me feel like I was going to trip and fall especially going down stairs. Could not get used to the progressive blurriness around my feet.

Anyway, took me a while to figure out why I had this indentation on the top of my head I had never noticed before. Nose tab on one side is what the glasses rest on all the time on to top of my head
. :cross:

I started off about 5 years ago needing glasses to read (I'm a voracious reader, in addition to not being able to read blueprints). Now I'm at the point where I need them to read the @!#$ing line score when I'm watching a game on TV, or driving in an area that I don't know, so I can read street signs!!!

Getting old SUCKS!!!!!

Of course, it beats the hell out the alternative. :mug:

The worst part about progressive bifocals is the fact that the "window" is very narrow. When I read, now I have to move my head back and forth instead of just moving my eyes left to right.:mad:

Back