Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Just signed up this afternoon.
Grew up in Maine, Former farm kid, Veteran, and now a ordained by my grandkids as "papa." Retired not too long ago, and yes...luvvin' it. Got a small bandsaw mill where I mill up my own lumber for my wood shop. I love old anything really. Own a couple of Johnny Popper, a 1950 GMC 2-ton that was used as an apple hauler, and picked up my first hit and miss engine, which I love, over the Summer. I suppose that means I'm just short of picking up a pair of suspenders or something.......but, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Looking forward to nosin' around.

Welcome, from New Jersey! Your own band saw mill sounds pretty great
Yup. Haven't bought any lumber in a few years now unless it's plywood. I bought a Woodland Mills sawmill a few years back. Nice to be able to do any length to 16 ft. and I've got 8x8's to 2x4's stickered and seasoning. If I could have afforded it, I'd have bought a bigger model. I have some nice trees on my woodlot, but the butt's are too large. Pleasant conundrum I suppose.

Welcome to HBT, former bandmill owner here, don’t give up on the big trees, get a heavy duty chainsaw and a ripping chain and cut ‘em a little smaller for your mill.

Back