New Keezer Pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredderick

Reaction score
I am new to the site and have been trolling for quite some time, I figured this would be a good reason to post something. I just got into all grain brewing and kegging my beer, thanks to a generous Christmas present from my brother.

I suddenly needed a place to store my beer and a way to properly dispense it. I found a great website called www.billybrew.com that had detailed instructions on how to build a keezer.

Well a bunch of time and money later, I am 90% finished my keezer. I just have to hook up beer and CO2 lines.

If anyone has any questions shoot me a note but it was a lot easier to build than originally expected.

Happy Brewing!

ForumRunner_20130130_011241.jpg

Nice looking keezer. I checked out that same website a while back and that's the model I plan to use for my upcoming build as well. What type of wood did you use?

Nice looking keezer. I checked out that same website a while back and that's the model I plan to use for my upcoming build as well. What type of wood did you use?

I went to my local hardwoods supply house and bought some rough sawn maple and had them plane it down for me. It looks better in person than in the picture...I was going to use Oak from Home Depot but for just a little more I could buy really nice maple and support a small local business.

I went to my local hardwoods supply house and bought some rough sawn maple and had them plane it down for me. It looks better in person than in the picture...I was going to use Oak from Home Depot but for just a little more I could buy really nice maple and support a small local business.
Love this. After taking a woodworking class I wish I had squared the wood I bought. It would have been a fun project within a project plus made the collar a little cleaner.

Nice work on the build!

Love this. After taking a woodworking class I wish I had squared the wood I bought. It would have been a fun project within a project plus made the collar a little cleaner.

Nice work on the build!

Thank you for the kind words. I didn't put as much effort into this as I wanted to but I got the job done. I made a few modifications that were not on your original design. Mainly I screwed and glued the maple fascia together and recessed the screws. I put wood plugs in those holes and sanded the plugs flat.

Lastly I put a piece of fascia on the back for two reasons... First to lock the collar on the freezer and to give me a place to mount my Johnson temperature controller.

Attached are a few more pic's. And thanks again for such great content on your website!

ForumRunner_20130131_214659.jpg

ForumRunner_20130131_214947.jpg

ForumRunner_20130131_215051.jpg

Very clean build and good call on the thermostat. You even have a beer guardian. :mug:

Very clean build and good call on the thermostat. You even have a beer guardian. :mug:

Yes... The beer guardian is named Ernest and I think he may drink some while I am not looking... His eyes are always glass like he is drunk

Latest posts

Back