Better Bottle measurement help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggityz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the distance from the bottom center to the top opening on a 6 gallon better bottle? Any help is appreciated!

About 19.25 inches for both the 5 and 6 gallon BB.
Add 2 inches if you plan to use the BB stopper and drylock.

Design:

Overall - 28.9 cm (11 3/8") diameter by 49.1 cm (19 1/3") high
Neck - ID 45 mm (1.77") / OD 55 mm crown
Volume - Nominal 6 US Gallons (22.7 liters) / 5 UK Gallons (22.7 liters) [filled to bottom of neck ~ 22.8 liters].
For more information about the difference between the US and UK gallon, use the Units of Measure section under the Technical tab above.
Weight - ~0.68 Kg (~1.5 lbs) empty and 23.4 Kg (~50 lbs) filled
Pressure/Vacuum Limits - 1 bar (14.5 psi) and -0.05 bar (-0.75 psi) at 25° C (77° F)
Temperature Limits - -30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F)
Chemical Resistance - In general, avoid very strong caustics, especially KOH and NaOH (lye), and concentrated aliphatic ketones (e.g., essence oils).

It was a 2 minute google search

http://www.better-bottle.com/products_master.html

Thanks for the info...

Sorry to waste your precious 2 minutes, I do know how to use the Internets BTW...

Thanks for the info...

Sorry to waste your precious 2 minutes, I do know how to use the Internets BTW...

Sorry, it did come off like that in reading it. If I wasn't interested I wouldn't have researched it. I was going to go and measure my BB when I decided to do a search instead. It would have taken me more time to find my tape measure.

No worries, another case of internet misunderstanding! Just caught me the wrong way I guess... cheers!

ziggi, I did a measurement from the bottom center to the top of the opening. The better bottle has a recessed "punk" that enables you to roll it around on a tennis ball to aerate. That distance is 17 ¾" The overall height was 19 5/16"

Awesome thanks again. I'm having a custom made dry hopper made to to fit in the better bottle... a mesh tube that is inserted down into the carboy. I had it made 16 3/4" long so should have a good inch to get the bung in.

ziggi, I did a measurement from the bottom center to the top of the opening. The better bottle has a recessed "punk" that enables you to roll it around on a tennis ball to aerate. That distance is 17 ¾" The overall height was 19 5/16"

Wait a dang second - I can put my better bottle on a tennis ball when I swirlate? That's brilliant, thanks!

Back