First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopspop1176

Reaction score
Bottled our first brew yesterday. We did a Imperial Pale Ale from a kit. Tasted good,smelled good,and looked good. We will wait a week and chill a bottle to see if it's ready. Got a primary English Brown going into secondary tomorrow.

It will probably be somewhat flat at a week and also taste "green" 2 weeks is better and 3 weeks better than that. But it is interesting to note the difference as the beer comes "of age". I did the same with my first.

You should have a very good beer when it's ready.

Good luck
:mug:

My first IIPA was bottled two months ago. While it was ok at 2 weeks, it didn't become really good until now. I cracked one yesterday and wish I didn't drink all the others before it was in its prime. My advise as some one who enjoys IPAs, wait. Pop one in three weeks, then wait for another month or so. What people say about having patience waiting for beer to mature is 100% true.

Latest posts

Back