A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you donate to his account I would be glad to pass on the amount to his family, I will also refund his Lifetime membership costs to add to the coffer.

Is there a way to take the 15.00 out of my account and move it to the fund? Now that I am lifetime I won't be putting it towards my membership.

You can leave the 6 cents...maybe it will help me to be psychic.

Lemme know if you can do it.

Thanks, TX

Is there a way to take the 15.00 out of my account and move it to the fund? Now that I am lifetime I won't be putting it towards my membership.

You can leave the 6 cents...maybe it will help me to be psychic.

Lemme know if you can do it.

Thanks, TX

There is also a transfer option on the same page as the link. Seeing as how Bernie x-ferred his bit I think that one is working.

Excellent! Hooray HBT.

I am all for a memorial beer but, think that any monetary donations given would have a greater impact to the surviving family. Times are hard enough when all the available income is there. I have to believe that by having this community pitch-in with much needed support that it will leave an indelible impression on Laura as well as ease some of her burdens in the days to come.

Donate to Kevin & Laura (aka GreenwoodRover) here!

Revvy, here you go. The second box down allows you to transfer and is apparently working.

Danged permalink no worky fo me. Shecky got it.

Kevin was in the Kolsch swap and included his recipe for an ESB that he sent in the swap. I need to dig that up when I get home tonight. I never pitch any recipes but my filing system is lacking... any other kolsch swappers have a copy?

That will need to be my next batch....

I have the exact same problem as you. If you find it, could you post the recipe? If I do, I'll do the same. It was a really great ESB even though I didn't get an official chance to review it.

Regarding the donation account, are we sure the family will have access to this money and that it won't just sit there? I don't know how HBT accounts work.

Give me an hour and I'll have that issue fixed.

Its just my opinion but I think mailing a check might be a better idea. I don't know the correct "manners" for the situation though. I mean what if his wife never checks the paypal account and that money just sits there forever.

I have the exact same problem as you. If you find it, could you post the recipe? If I do, I'll do the same. It was a really great ESB even though I didn't get an official chance to review it.

Will do. I thought it was a pretty good ESB as well.

Oh it feels so good to be a part of this community. When I transferred my balance from my account the total was only 20 bucks...now we are almost up to 250.00

We're awesome!!!!

:mug:

Kevin was in the Kolsch swap and included his recipe for an ESB that he sent in the swap. I need to dig that up when I get home tonight. I never pitch any recipes but my filing system is lacking... any other kolsch swappers have a copy?
That will need to be my next batch....

Found the recipe sheet. Kevin included a copy of the Brewsmith brewsheet with the swap. As such, I don't have an IBU number...

Shiver Me Bitters
Extra Special/Strong Bitter
Batch Size 5.25 G
Efficiency 67%
Boil Time 60 min
Estimate SG 1.051

3lb 4oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter
3 lb Pale Malt, US 2-row
3 lb Vienna Malt
8 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine
8 oz Crystal 120L
4 oz Aromatic Malt
4 oz Biscuit Malt
4 oz Special Roast

Mash at 156°F for 60 minutes

Hop Additions

60 min 1 oz Williamette 5.1% AA
45 min .5 oz Tettnang 4.4% AA
45 min 1 oz Tettnang 2.4% AA
20 min 1 oz Fuggles 4.6% AA
10 min .5 oz Williamette 4.5% AA
0 min .5 oz Tettnang 2.4% AA

Whirlfloc @ 15 min

Yeast S-04

Was this a completed recipe or was he tweaking it? I thought I'd seen mention of a final recipe he'd been tweaking.or was that different. Would it be disrepectful to change the yeast on this? Or kind of in the spirit of homebrewing. I want to try a Belgian Strain and this looks like a decent recipe for that.

I put it in BeerSmith. You can download the recipe here.
Thanks for doing that

GreenwoodRover - Shiver Me Bitters - Memorial Swap?
This sounds like a good idea.

Was this a completed recipe or was he tweaking it? I thought I'd seen mention of a final recipe he'd been tweaking.or was that different. Would it be disrepectful to change the yeast on this? Or kind of in the spirit of homebrewing. I want to try a Belgian Strain and this looks like a decent recipe for that.

I think he would have enjoyed the idea of all of us putting our own touches on the recipe and doing variations on the theme.

Thanks for doing that

No problem!

Just thought I'd post it in all the threads.

Kevin John Dennis

Kevin John Dennis, age 31, beloved husband and best friend of Laura, nee Tully; best Daddy of Jack (age 3 1/2) and Quinn (age 1 1/2); loving son of George and

Hannah; dear brother of Colleen (Tom)

Galateo and Mike (Jamie); uncle of Nora and Clare; son-in-law of Edward and Carol Tully; brother-in-law of Dan Tully; dear grandson, nephew, cousin, friend and neighbor. Member of Fr. Perez Council #1444, K.of C.; founding member of Greenwood Rovers. Visitation Wednesday 3 to 9 p.m. at Nelson Funeral Home, 820 Talcott Rd. (at Cumberland), Park Ridge. Funeral Thursday 9:15 a.m. from the funeral home to Immaculate Conception Church, 7211 W. Talcott Ave., Chicago. Mass 10 a.m. Interment private. In lieu of flowers, donations for his son's education to the Kevin Dennis Memorial Trust, 7655 W. Dempster, Niles, IL 60714 preferred. Info: 847-823-5122 or Nelson Funeral Homes

God, he was only 31.

If anyone hasn't given already, pleas do....https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/greenwoodrover-donations-131666/

As someone said in that thread, college ain't cheap.

Does anyone want to step forward and take up the memorial brew as a project? We could use a leader, I think. Whatever we decide on, I think we need a unified label for the brew as it will hopefully get passed around. If the brew is going to be different in every case, then a label for the back with a printed recipe too maybe.

Project leader please? :)

I'll take a stab at a label today. Not much of an organizer though. I know there are much better label makers than I too.
I Vote for going ahead with the bitter recipe feeling free to alter it via yeast, hop availability and what not.

Kevin John Dennis

Kevin John Dennis, age 31, beloved husband and best friend of Laura, nee Tully; best Daddy of Jack (age 3 1/2) and Quinn (age 1 1/2); loving son of George and

Hannah; dear brother of Colleen (Tom)

Galateo and Mike (Jamie); uncle of Nora and Clare; son-in-law of Edward and Carol Tully; brother-in-law of Dan Tully; dear grandson, nephew, cousin, friend and neighbor. Member of Fr. Perez Council #1444, K.of C.; founding member of Greenwood Rovers. Visitation Wednesday 3 to 9 p.m. at Nelson Funeral Home, 820 Talcott Rd. (at Cumberland), Park Ridge. Funeral Thursday 9:15 a.m. from the funeral home to Immaculate Conception Church, 7211 W. Talcott Ave., Chicago. Mass 10 a.m. Interment private. In lieu of flowers, donations for his son's education to the Kevin Dennis Memorial Trust, 7655 W. Dempster, Niles, IL 60714 preferred. Info: 847-823-5122 or Nelson Funeral Homes
I found his social club logo and as you can see I've changed my avatar.

GR.jpg

I suggest that we change out avatars in some way to honor Kevin through the end of this month.

I found his social club logo and as you can see I've changed my avatar.

GR.jpg

I suggest that we change out avatars in some way to honor Kevin through the end of this month.

I'm up for it, but I can't seem to grab or save that as an avatar. The big pic is too large, and for some reason I can't seem to save it, and your own avatar has the wrong file extension.

Can you help an idiot out and post an easily usable pic? :eek:

I'm up for it, but I can't seem to grab or save that as an avatar. The big pic is too large, and for some reason I can't seem to save it, and your own avatar has the wrong file extension.

Can you help an idiot out and post an easily usable pic? :eek:
Gnomey, right click on the one ollllo posted. Go to save picture as, save it to your desktop, then go to your user cp and edit avatar. Go to browse and upload it from your desktop.

Are we doing the same one or making our own? I'm just altering mine to reflect it. I use avatars to reference who is positing what. Everyone having the same avatar would throw me off severly.

Are we doing the same one or making our own? I'm just altering mine to reflect it. I use avatars to reference who is positing what. Everyone having the same avatar would throw me off severly.

I was thinking the same thing but I couldn't really come up with anything.

Back