Average Drinking.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbroze

Reaction score
So how many here drink at least two beers a day? :drunk: This pace seems to keep me brewing often enough and doesn't allow for a buildup of HB. Obviously this is a average as the weekend I have a couple more and weekdays are sometime dry out days. And on the weekends friends visit for a couple beers. :tank:

Like you said, it depends on the day of the week and the circumstances. Weeknights, yeah maybe 1-3. Weekends anywhere from a 6 pack to a case or 2. Again, depending on the circumstances...

Not very many days go by where I don't have at least one, but I rarely have more than 4-5 in a day, even on weekends. I go through about a case a week on average.

average of about 2-3 per day. Weekend days are just other days ending in "y"... not any different, unless I am brewing in the AM, which means I get a much earlier start on my drinking.

Then again, I do drink wine and spirits occasionally, for a change.

I might not drink more that 1 or 2 during the week. But on the weekends, I may drink up to 1/2 case or only have 2 or 3. Having 4 children, I don't over do it on a regular basis. But if several of our neighborhood end up in 1 garage on a Friday or Saturday night, then all bets are off!

Typically 2-3 a night as well. Usually I will grab one as soon as I get home from work to unwind. Then I'll find some chores, have dinner with a glass of tea, then 1-2 more beers after that.

Typically 2 or 3 a day.......half liters mind you. Weekends........double that. Triple it for BBQ, or friends over. This Saturday two old friends of mine are in town.........we'll sit around a nice big fire in my back yard and drink beer all night on Saturday.......typically we kill 3 cases in these marathon sessions.

I cannot keep up with it brewing. Every other batch I'll brew a light grain bill pale ale, usually with some corn or rice added, that I can ferment for a week and bottle for 2 weeks......makes an excellent quick, easy, and cheap session beer that's still better tasting than 90% of the stuff on the shelf at Safeway.

Even with brewing 3 or 4 5 gallon batches a month, I still end up supplementing with a case of BMC (actually, usually Michelob Amberbock).

I would say my typical after-work routine is:

1. Check CO2 pressures
2. Taste a couple ounces of any beers currently carbonating (usually just one)
3. Fill up a beer of something else for drinking while cooking and eating dinner.

Once a week I'll have 3-4 beers if a buddy shows up or if I take some brew to a friends house.

I guess this is where the alcoholics hang out .

1 weekday
2 Friday
6 on saturday
2 Sunday

but not all Home brew as I try to get more and more beer to reach the 6 month aging level.

I try to keep it at two bottles an evening. On some days, I will drink three.

I reserve one evening during the weekend to drink four. But I do not exercise the option every time.

Alcoholism to me is the inability to control and drinking at inappropriate moments. So far, I seem to be able to control how much I drink and to not drink when inappropriate. So I will not yet call myself an alcoholic.

I reserve one evening during the weekend to drink four. But I do not exercise the option every time.

Alcoholism to me is the inability to control and drinking at inappropriate moments. So far, I seem to be able to control how much I drink and to not drink when inappropriate. So I will not yet call myself an alcoholic.

Usually others do first. :D

I try to have 2-3 dry nights a week, the other nights I try to limit it to only a couple. I have a buddy that I hang with once a week to shoot pool and drink beer, we inevitably drink at least a six pack each.

With as crappy as work has been lately I have to be careful, kegerator doesn't help either. Usually it's just one a day during the week and a few more on the weekend. Lately I've been having more like three during the week, but this week I decided for my health and my weight I needed to go back to one a day.

I usually don't drink during the week. I have discovered that it wrecks my endurance in my martial arts class, and in wrestling with SWMBO. Wednesdays I'll have a few sometimes (night off from baby) but usually homebrew is for weekends. I'll drink a couple of sixers on Friday and Saturday, and just a beer or two on Sunday.

S

Wow. You guys make me feel like a drunk:drunk: I usually have between 4-8 on weekdays and 15+ on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.(I'm off Mondays):tank:

Guys, it all depends on what you are drinking. Not how many. I brew only 3.5-4.0 ABV session ales........So a kazillion per day is OK, no?

Usually try to keep it to 1 pint (500ml) per weeknight in order to keep my liver un-cirrhosised as possible and in order to keep the beer-belly at bay. On the weekends..maybe 3 or 4 pints per night?

Although I must say it takes tremendous self discipline (which i occasionally lack) not to go for that 2nd pint on a weeknight. After one beer I find I get the slightest buzz going and my brain really wants to have a little more!

Welcome to the world of the functioning alcoholic. I count myself amongst this elite group. Those of us that can toss 'em back like water everyday AFTER work, and all weekend long. I for one haven't poured an actual glass of ice water at home since sometime in the late 1990's.

We always make it to work, never call in sick, and know when to put it away.

Betty Ford can kiss my @ss!

I have to say that my biggest problem is the calories. I left that out of my original post in the thread. I am getting damn near 250, and that is just too heavy. These big pale ales I like are 200 calories for 12 ounces, and I only get around 2000 a day - if I wat no food I can have ten without gaining weight.

Hmm, maybe I should stop eating.

S

Between a post like this starting up weekly and my drinking , i forget if I already posted here. I think we need to add that to our signature.

Jesse- 2/night

1 every other week night, then 1-6 on the weekend. I'm skinny and intend to never get a beer belly, even though this hobby is not going to help!

In my twenties, i consumed a 6 pack a night and a case a night Friday and another case on Saturday. Now during the week i may have 1 or 2 beers throughout the whole week. My job is pretty damn hard mentally and i spend allot of time on-call so i keep the drinking to a minimum if at all to keep my brain fresh for work. On the weekends though i down about 6 - 22oz bombers a night.

i drink, and then when i'm out of beer, i make more. every few weeks when i hit a dry spell, i find myself to be much more irritable and i get hot flashes.

i drink 2-4 beers a night. lots and lots on weekends, my friends dont help save any. we drank 10 gallons of brown in a weekend a couple weeks back. i know thats bad but it was so good. not a lighter brown either it was 6% but still very quaffable.

Wow i thought 2 beers a night with 1 or 2 nights dry was a lot of beer that seems to be my routine as of the past couple months. some weekends i go nuts but rarely. once my pipeline gets going im sure ill have more on the weekends, but i gotta be up early every day for work so that puts the kaibosh on getting hammered....

but i am relieved i am not the only one, i know a few guys that down a sixer on the way home from work, now THAT'S an alky.

i have significantly cut back the amount of food i eat for dinner. i eat a 90 calorie breakfast, big lunch, come home and drink 3-4 pints and have a snack.

homebrew makes me drink less quantity, more quality.

i keep a constistent 5'-10"/180lb with a couple pints a day. beer is good for you. oh yes.

.763 beers/night during the week. 1.246 beers/night on weekends.

4.349 beers on poker night and I'm wearing undies on my head. I can't keep them on after the second beer though.

They lock me up each night in the Mayberry jail and let me out in the morning to go to work.
Hell, even Otis could let himself in & out!
6/night, sometimes more on weekends. - Dwain

Usually have 2-4 on nights that I'm off (I work 12 hour shifts, so I only work 3 days a week). When I go out, I switch to Bud Light (BMC is about all there is for selection in local bars) and can finish off 10 - 20 of them.

Usually I'll have 2-3 at 7:00 am during the week, then a lot more on the weekends....
yes I work nights.....................suks

I drink 2 before /with dinner. After that, I just can't takem down. I guess I should start skipping dinner so I can drink more. Right now its more of a drink to wind down while cooking, and a desert with my meal;)

Now that I've got a keg in the basement, I'll have 1/2-3/4 of a glass while cooking, then top myself off while we eat. A night or two off maybe if we're busy, etc. Weekends aren't much different, though I tend to do beer-related stuff then (club meetings, brewing, etc) so of course I'll have more. Some of you people are crazy though.

Back