Looking for a high gravity beer that won't take long to be ready

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sublime8365

Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm looking for a 10+% ale that won't take more than 4-6 months from brew to first sip. I really don't need it to be anything exceptional. Just a brew that's pretty drinkable in the shortest amount of time possible. Thanks in advance.

Id shoot for an IIPA, last one I made only clocked in at 9.2% but after 6 weeks (1 month primary, 2 in keg w/ dry hops) it was fantastic. You could easily push an IIPA over 10% and have it ready in 1.5-2 months.

Why the hang up with 10%+ ?

I recently did a 9.4% Belgian Dark Strong that was in pretty tasty shape at about 3-4 months. Many heavier beers will be just fine at 3-4 months. They just tend to come together a bit more with some more aging.

Why the hang up with 10%+ ?

I recently did a 9.4% Belgian Dark Strong that was in pretty tasty shape at about 3-4 months. Many heavier beers will be just fine at 3-4 months. They just tend to come together a bit more with some more aging.

Not really a hang up but was just trying to give a range. 9.4 would work.

Back