New to Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve21

Reaction score
Very sick of bottling beer and looking for the best website to buy a homebrew kegging system. Have a chest freezer that I will use for a kegerator just need everything else. Thanks for the help.

Depends on what kind of system you are looking for. I think for a barebones (tank, regulator, cornie keg, gas-line and beverage line (picnic tap) you can get systems like this from Northern Brewer and I think Austin for ~150 or so dollars.

I got a 20lb Co2 tank from the coke distributer for 40 (deposit) and 18 (gas). Now I just pay 18 for an exchange. It's not as pretty but a one time pay out of 40 dollars for a 20lb tank is a pretty good deal.

Depending on where you live, re-filling may not be an option, it may be exchange only. Also it's almost as cheap to fill a 15# cylinder as it is a 5# cylinder, so it may be best to look for a used one on ebay. My friend paid a ridiculous amount for a shiny aluminum tank only to exchange it for a rusty old steel tank. That hurts.

kegconnection.com is where i ordered. Their customer service is perfect and they have great prices as well. Micromatic is another great site with many FAQ's on it to answer any of your kegging questions.

I like kegconnection.com too. They have better prices than any other site I know of. And when I ordered from them last week they shipped the same day and even though there was a holiday and an inauguration at the start of the week, my order still arrived in less than 5 days.

Well michromatic was my best bet for the CO2 tank and regulator. I got all of my other stuff from Northern Brewer.

+1 to checking out the availibilty of tank fills. I just bought a 20# tank only to find out i'm gonna need to drive an hour one way to fill it. I refuse to give away my new tank but then again it will be sitting in my family room.

Back