rack from primary now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc5md

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, here's the deal... I brewed the Patersbier kit from NB 2wks ago. It has been in my ferm chamber since then. I checked gravity friday and it was down to 1.010, I'll be checking another today. It seems 3wks on primary is pretty common. I was hoping to brew today, but don't have space in my ferm fridge for more than one bucket.
So, would you:
1) Wait to brew next batch until next week. (the supplies, extract, steeping grains, etc arrived a week ago already)
2) bring ferm bucket up into my dining room (68 degrees) and let it hang out there for another week or two.
3) rack to keg, put in kegerator and get it carbing.
4) rack to keg and put the keg into the ferm chamber with the bucket for the next brew (also ale yeast).
-or-
5) it makes absolutely no difference and I'm over-thinking this greatly!

thanks!

Number 2. After fermentation is done, temperature control is no longer as important. I routinely keep my primaries in the fermenting chamber for one week then move to my basement to condition in the primary for another 2-3 weeks. No worries.

Back